IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page Just Bigmix training and whatever,Blah,Blah,Blah!
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

(#221)
Old
Bigmix is on a distinguished road

Default 02-14-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
Dude, fannypacks are still alive! trust me, lol.
Man I'm not going to lie to you I loved my fanny pack I didn't like the big bulky ones...I liked the slims ones made out of good leather lol.

from cassete walkmans to cd players you could carry all kinds of stuff in a fannypack but you better not ever ever wear it on your backside...you could sport them in the front of you or the side...but on the back of your ass never!

Bigmix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigmix For This Useful Post:
emekajokammor (02-18-2013)
(#222)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-14-2013, 01:26 PM

that should be put in general gym etiquette rules

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#223)
Old

Default 02-18-2013, 09:11 AM

legs Sun great workout

Lying leg press/ leg extension superset...warm up
Lying leg curls 80lbs x30 x4
leg extensions 100lb x30 x4

Lying leg curls 100lbs x20
Lying leg curls 110lbs x12
lying leg curls 120lbs x12
Seated leg curls 140lbs x12(5 secs down 5 up)
seated leg curls 150lbs x12(5 secs down 5 up)

Freemotion Squatmachine
100lbs x30
200lbs x20
300lbs x16
400lbs x12

Seated leg press machine
300lbs x30
400lbs x20
500lbs x20

Leg press /Smith squats ATG
4 45lb plates x20(single leg)
8 45lb plates x 12(single leg)
10 45lb plates x12(single leg)
12 45lb plates x20/smith squats 135lbs x12 ATG
14 45lb plates x20/Smith squats 225lbs x12 ATG
16 45lb plates x20/Smith squats 315lbs x10 ATG

As the lower back gets better the weights will get heavier but I will warm up like have done for the last several weeks weight dropping starting to look fuller I'm 6 days a week right now looking to keep that up for a while.

Food today was Chicken and homemade Udon noodles with vegetables no left overs kids killed it!

Warming up slowing down taking my time that workout took me about 2 hours...Somethings I didn't add but the knees have to be warmed way up Full range of motion on those ATG leg press super sets the range of motion on a lying leg press is just hard to do without curling your back off the pad when you go deep... this is why I superset squats with them!

Bigmix
(#224)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 02-18-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmix View Post
Man I'm not going to lie to you I loved my fanny pack I didn't like the big bulky ones...I liked the slims ones made out of good leather lol.

from cassete walkmans to cd players you could carry all kinds of stuff in a fannypack but you better not ever ever wear it on your backside...you could sport them in the front of you or the side...but on the back of your ass never!
lol!

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#225)
Old

Default 02-19-2013, 07:04 AM

Back workout felt like I was running during my deads of which I had no intentions of doing plans changed once I walked in the door. I have a small gym and it's not much room but I had to laugh at this they put a 46" monitor in the free weights area...seriously we need lets see another bench some heavier db's a monitor in the free weight area no didn't need it if you need to watch TV stay home!

Back
deads
135lbs x20
225lbs x20
315lbs x20
405lbs x17

SIngle arm tbar row
3 45lb plates x12
4 45lb plates x10
4 45lb plates 25lb plate x4(dropset) 4 45lb plates x6 3 45lb plates x8 2 45lb plates x12 1 45lb plate x 16(hold and squeeze)

Close grip pull downs(5:5 5 sec down 5 sec up)
4 45lb plates x 12
6 45lb plates x12
8 45lb plates x12

Standing stretch and pull lat machine (these hurt good)
60lbs x12 /straight arm pulldown 100lbs x12
70lbs x12/ straight arm pulldown 100lbs x12
80lbs x12 /straight arm pulldown 100lbs x12

Side laterals (daily)

I wanted to do more but ran out of time the one arm tbar rows are getting better goal is to pull 5 45lb plates in the next few weeks. I'm having some of my better workouts the last couple of weeks even with the shoulder and back tweaks.

Eggs and potato's sweet potato pancakes!

Bigmix
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigmix For This Useful Post:
emekajokammor (02-19-2013)
(#226)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 02-19-2013, 10:07 AM

Good to hear your getting better. Take ya time big homie!

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#227)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-19-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Back workout felt like I was running during my deads of which I had no intentions of doing plans changed once I walked in the door. I have a small gym and it's not much room but I had to laugh at this they put a 46" monitor in the free weights area...seriously we need lets see another bench some heavier db's a monitor in the free weight area no didn't need it if you need to watch TV stay home!
what where they trying to prove with this. LOL

(#228)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-19-2013, 12:09 PM

Nice work BigMixer! I don't mind TV's much really. I agree they are unnecessary, but I have my earbuds in jammin', but with all the mirrors in our gym it's hard not to look like you are staring at someone since it's every direction LOL! So I usually gaze at the TV between sets.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#229)
Old

Default 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
what where they trying to prove with this. LOL
Mac I have no idea..the owners are good people when I asked the husband why...he said people requested it. This isn't about being hardcore but ... a hex bar would've been nice some DB's over 120lbs a wood platform or a place to do deads without everyone looking at you like your crazy!

Tv at the gym is just not my thang!

Bigmix
(#230)
Old

Default 02-19-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Nice work BigMixer! I don't mind TV's much really. I agree they are unnecessary, but I have my earbuds in jammin', but with all the mirrors in our gym it's hard not to look like you are staring at someone since it's every direction LOL! So I usually gaze at the TV between sets.
Rick I'm plugged in to my headphones too it's a boat load of TV's in the cardio section....but I can see some dude going through the motions watching tv...plus it's so high up you can catch a cramp looking at that one.

Bigmix
(#231)
Old

Default 02-21-2013, 08:49 AM

Shoulders....yeah even with a tweaked one still have to get it done. Funny enough my left shoulder is larger than my right actually the right side of my body legs arm are little smaller than my left.

Side laterals no weight (basically lift arms up slowly to side move them slowly to the front reverse back down I continue to do this movement between weighted sets.)

4 x6(they burn even without weight!)

15lb x20

Empty hand side laterals

20lb x20

Empty hand side laterals

25lb x20

EHSL

30lbs x12

EHSL

35lbs x12

EHSL

40lbs x12

Cable shoulder press(free motion)

60lbs x10 front x10 mid x10 standard shoulder press

70lbs x10 front x10 mid x10 standard shoulder press

80lbs x10 front x10 mid x10 standard shoulder press

90lbs x10 front x8 mid x6 standard shoulder press

100lbs x10 front x6 mid x4 standard shoulder press

Single arm DB press

50lbs x12 (slow up and down 3:3)

60lbs x12

70lbs x10

80lbs x10

50lbs x12

Shrugs

45lb plate single arm x20

2 45lb plates sinlge arm x30

135lbs hold and squeeze head slightly bent x12 x4

Farmers walk 100lbs around the gym

Rear delts

rope face pulls head down

80lbs x12

100lbs x12

120lbs x12

DBs rear delts

25lbs x20 x2

Pec dec machine rear delts single arm

80lbs x12

100lbs x12

120lbs x12

130lbs x12

Straight arm pulldowns

reps

Chest incline machine press

reps

Weight back up to about 279.5 had a conversation with one of the guys I talked into doing carb back loading about 2-3 months ago...16lbs up and lean. He asked me had I gained any weight I told him it's been up and down he said I was looking much bigger! Funny how others see you and how you see yourself I am leaning out nicely so no worries strength is going back up big time able to handle more of the tempo style training from my FTP Beta!

Night sweats: well I think I have the connection with the night sweats figured out it happens on those days my carb intake is 30 grams or less..It almost works out to being 2 days without carbs the big boost in cals and carbs has me in inferno mode! Last night I woke up in what felt like water had been poured around my pillow and upper body! I should be fine tonight as I'll train legs again and my carb intake shouldn't be such a shock....the sweat is so heavy it feels like I've been running!

Food last night

Sweet potato pancakes eggs and pasta of course my PT's after training.

Bigmix
(#232)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Night sweats: well I think I have the connection with the night sweats figured out it happens on those days my carb intake is 30 grams or less..It almost works out to being 2 days without carbs the big boost in cals and carbs has me in inferno mode! Last night I woke up in what felt like water had been poured around my pillow and upper body! I should be fine tonight as I'll train legs again and my carb intake shouldn't be such a shock....the sweat is so heavy it feels like I've been running!
I run into that all the time now. I take it on carb nites as I know I've been in carb depletion mode for a good amount of time. Lets you know your going low carb enough so that when you reintroduce those carbs back in it is like jet fuel running through you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoaringMad Mac For This Useful Post:
Bigmix (02-22-2013)
(#233)
Old

Default 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I run into that all the time now. I take it on carb nites as I know I've been in carb depletion mode for a good amount of time. Lets you know your going low carb enough so that when you reintroduce those carbs back in it is like jet fuel running through you.
Nothing of the guys at my doing carb backloading was experiencing this thanks for the input Mac!

Bigmix
(#234)
Old

Default 02-22-2013, 08:05 AM

Legs short quick nothing special I train legs on Sunday's for the most part yesterday was just extra!!!

Leg extension/lying leg curls/seated leg curls

Leg extensions 120lbs x4 x12 (all holds at top)

Lying leg curls stomach off the pad 80lbs x4 x12

seated leg curls 150lbs x2 x 12 5:5

Leg press

4 45lb plates x20 single leg x2

8 45lb plates x12 single leg

12 45lb plates x20/Smith ATG 135lbs x12

14 45lb plates x20/Smith ATG 225lbs x12

16 45lb plates x120/Smith ATG 315lbs x12

10 45lb plates x20

Stiff leg cables 150lbs failure

That was it done over took it easy knees felt a little beat up but all good back at it Sun for legs!

Food

Chicken and stuffing(crockpot) grits.

Three more days and I'll be back on my leg grind! arms tonight!!!!!

Bigmix
(#235)
Old

Default 02-27-2013, 08:30 AM

Mon I did Shoulders...the gym was so crowded I had to move to machines and my workout was all over the place but I didn't let it stop me!!!! some of the things I did!

Side laterals weighted and no weights(warmp up)

Cable presses

DB presses

hammer strength shoulder press

shoulder shrugs single DB and BB shrugs

Rear delts

Set of chest

set of back

set of bi's

done hope today isn't as crowded no night sweats last night low carb day all was good

Protein sources

Chicken

BeefTurkeysasuageblackbean patties

Fish(swai&talapia)

butternut squash

1/4cup of rice(parboiled)

low carb wraps(15 grams carbs)with beef.

Nothing to note really time to put in work on Back tonight!

Bigmix
(#236)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 02-27-2013, 12:41 PM

I have to tell you your log is one of my favorite to look at. Good pushing there. I love to see us big guys pushing that weight ALOT of times. Good stuff.

(#237)
Old

Default 02-27-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
I have to tell you your log is one of my favorite to look at. Good pushing there. I love to see us big guys pushing that weight ALOT of times. Good stuff.
I love reps Mac I've always been impressed with guys moving heavy weight for reps. My growth took off when incorporated this style into my training. You are right most people assume bigger guys either don't do higher reps or just train in the 2-6 rep range!

Bigmix
(#238)
Old

Default 07-17-2013, 11:38 AM

It has been a while...a case of me being lazy...work and life Weight got up to about 297lbs and to be honest didn't like the way I was feeling and it seemed like had I stayed that course I would have been back in the 300lb plus range...I have no intentiions of ever going back to 330lbs ever!!!!

Hope to update more back to carb back loading got off track listening to different people but that was the best diet set up for me!

Bigmix
(#239)
Old

Default 12-30-2014, 10:54 AM

Yep I'm still at it the closest to a good pic is the one from the summer with my brother and some old school friends...big blue at the end. The pic with Ronnie was from last year. Still training currently cutting from 298 to 260 at this time! Peace!

Bigmix
(#240)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-31-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmix View Post
Yep I'm still at it the closest to a good pic is the one from the summer with my brother and some old school friends...big blue at the end. The pic with Ronnie was from last year. Still training currently cutting from 298 to 260 at this time! Peace!
Great to hear BigMix! Hope you've had a great year and 2015 will be even better! Cheers!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]