IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Q & A with RCSS Supplements with V.I.P. Athlete - Emeka Okammor
Reload this Page You've GOT Questions
Q & A with RCSS Supplements with V.I.P. Athlete - Emeka Okammor Discuss Athletic Xtreme supplements here

(#21)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 06-03-2012, 01:32 AM

Thanks Mek! I thought 60% immediately sounded a little to far fetched. I would have downed another shake after throwing all of that up but I was already running late for work. Did eat within another hour of it happening though.

Second time I've ever thrown up from eating to much! Lol

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#22)
Old
AX
Solidzd is on a distinguished road

Default 06-03-2012, 09:49 AM

Yes Mek, I am prepping for next season to jump into the bodybuilding realm. No more Physique. I feel like I have more of a all around build to show off more than just going up against guys who are "top heavy" with no wheels and me losing to them because the shorts cover it up.

Side note: I am considering a possibility to make a trip down south for some vacation time but also to get some workouts in. Anyone game to meet up over the summer months? I just want to gain more experience coming forward into next season.

Get BIG or go home!

Believe in YOU! Get up & create your own success!!

https://www.facebook.com/eliteperformancellc

Zach "STAT" Dirr - 'cause when I hit the gym, PRECISION is the only OPTION.
(#23)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 06-04-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidzd View Post
Yes Mek, I am prepping for next season to jump into the bodybuilding realm. No more Physique.
Yessssss!!! My boy! Welcome brother

How far down south you coming?

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#24)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 06-06-2012, 03:42 PM

ill be in the states over xmas and new years.

Controlled labs supps.
(#25)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 06-06-2012, 07:31 PM

does the type of dietary fat make a difference? i was talking to a fat expert a while ago and he said that fats like butter, animal skin, full fat milk, etc, worked just as effectivley in the body as olive oil, avacardo etc. i also know a guy that prefers to get his fats from cream as hes worryed about throwing his omega 3 and 6 levels out of sinc.
(#26)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 06-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra_training_zy View Post
does the type of dietary fat make a difference? i was talking to a fat expert a while ago and he said that fats like butter, animal skin, full fat milk, etc, worked just as effectivley in the body as olive oil, avacardo etc. i also know a guy that prefers to get his fats from cream as hes worryed about throwing his omega 3 and 6 levels out of sinc.
I do believe fat is fat as far as function of bodybuilding, but IMO, I'd opt for the healthier given a choice.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#27)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 06-07-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
ill be in the states over xmas and new years.
Where will you be? Michigan?

Quote:
This is true to a cetain extent. Fats are fat but in most cases the ingredients that are added are what make the difference. For instance, let's look at almonds. They are considered a healthy fat until they are salted or flavored. If salted or flavored, they are still a healthy fat but it is now a fat with the risk of increasing blood pressure from the sodium. Bad choice for someone like me.

This is the rule of thumb for choosing an effective fat: Saturated fats and trans fats are bad for you because they raise your cholesterol and increase your risk for heart disease. But monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are good for you, lowering cholesterol and reducing your risk of heart disease.

monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are your good fats

Saturated fats and trans fats are your bad fats

As for that guy who gets his fats from cream, it may work for him but cream is considered a saturated fat, which is a bad form of fat. I would avoid it but if it is a must have it should be limited to less than 10% of your daily calories (200 calories for a 2000 calorie diet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I do believe fat is fat as far as function of bodybuilding, but IMO, I'd opt for the healthier given a choice.
Kinda true, just gotta be careful.

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#28)
Old

Default 06-07-2012, 07:36 PM

cheers, RickB and emekajokammor
(#29)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 06-08-2012, 07:41 AM

Quote:
cheers, RickB and emekajokammor
No prob bro

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#30)
Old
AX
Solidzd is on a distinguished road

Default 06-10-2012, 07:17 PM

I will be down in Tampa, FL area. I have family that lives down there. Was thinking about trying to take 3 maybe 4 days off.

Get BIG or go home!

Believe in YOU! Get up & create your own success!!

https://www.facebook.com/eliteperformancellc

Zach "STAT" Dirr - 'cause when I hit the gym, PRECISION is the only OPTION.
(#31)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 06-10-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
Haha! I've seen the PR's in your log. Niice!!

Try adding some of these techniques into your leg routine:

Preexhaust with 3 or 4 sets of 20 slow ans squeeze reps on leg ext.
90% Leg press for 3 or 4 sets of 15-20 reps, then go into 3 or 4 sets of 70% squats
100 rep leg press for 2 sets
Giant sets - Leg press, leg ext, lying leg curls, lunges

Most importantly, push pass the threshold of pain. Volume brings it's own unique feeling of pain. Push pass it!

Hope this helps
That is does and I'm so busy, that I just saw the respone. All over this... this week! LEH GO to Jackness!

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#32)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 06-11-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb12 View Post
That is does and I'm so busy, that I just saw the respone. All over this... this week! LEH GO to Jackness!
LEH GO to Booty Snatch!!

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#33)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 06-11-2012, 08:42 AM

Two snaps and a clap for that ^

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#34)
Old

Default 06-26-2012, 06:50 PM

thinking of trying bcaa,s while fasted training, never bothered with them before but apparentley there useful while fasting, whats your view emeka?

Last edited by cra_training_zy; 06-26-2012 at 07:37 PM.
(#35)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 06-26-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
thinking of trying bcaa,s while fasted training, never bothered with them before but apparentley there useful while fasting, whats your view emeka?
I know this is an Emeka question, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I think BCAA's are very useful for any type of cut where you want to give your muscle nutrition without adding more calories (at least not significant). And I believe they also help protect muscle while doing cardio.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#36)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 06-27-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I know this is an Emeka question, but I'll throw in my 2 cents. I think BCAA's are very useful for any type of cut where you want to give your muscle nutrition without adding more calories (at least not significant). And I believe they also help protect muscle while doing cardio.
True.

Adding to what my big homie Rick said BCAAs have all kinds of very useful incentives, especially while in a fasted state. If you don't have a wake-n-shake, BCAAs are are great replacement.

We all know cardio depletes your body of it's nutrients, so if your body has spent all night storing nutrients and you wake up to do cardio in that fasted state, your muscles are at risk and catbolism is present. BCAAs will help protect the muscle and slow down the muscle wasting process.

But here's the kicker, Leucine, which is one of your BCAAs, triggers an insulin spike. It triggers the first phase of insulin release but is not long term. So to a very small degree, drinking BCAAs prior to or during fasted cardio will take you out of the fasted state.

There are thousands of arguments/debates on fasted cardio vs non fasted. I've prepped using both methods and found fasted cardio only using water to take my fat burners before cardio works best for me but i've seen guys who would eat a cup of dry cereal and sip BCAAs throughout their AM cardio and get shredded. So it works either way imo.

Lastly, both BCAAs and EAAs are important in reaching most health and fitness goals

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#37)
Old

Default 06-27-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
your 2 cents is always much appreciated
(#38)
Old

Default 06-27-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
True.

Adding to what my big homie Rick said BCAAs have all kinds of very useful incentives, especially while in a fasted state. If you don't have a wake-n-shake, BCAAs are are great replacement.

We all know cardio depletes your body of it's nutrients, so if your body has spent all night storing nutrients and you wake up to do cardio in that fasted state, your muscles are at risk and catbolism is present. BCAAs will help protect the muscle and slow down the muscle wasting process.

But here's the kicker, Leucine, which is one of your BCAAs, triggers an insulin spike. It triggers the first phase of insulin release but is not long term. So to a very small degree, drinking BCAAs prior to or during fasted cardio will take you out of the fasted state.

There are thousands of arguments/debates on fasted cardio vs non fasted. I've prepped using both methods and found fasted cardio only using water to take my fat burners before cardio works best for me but i've seen guys who would eat a cup of dry cereal and sip BCAAs throughout their AM cardio and get shredded. So it works either way imo.

Lastly, both BCAAs and EAAs are important in reaching most health and fitness goals

much to consider, seems the only issue would be the leucine insulin spike, but im sure thats very minimal, it would hardly make earth shattering difference to my fast. seems bcaa,s are a safe bet regardless, i can pick them up cheap, i have no qualms with buying unflavored products from warehouse outlets.
(#39)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 06-28-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
much to consider, seems the only issue would be the leucine insulin spike, but im sure thats very minimal, it would hardly make earth shattering difference to my fast. seems bcaa,s are a safe bet regardless, i can pick them up cheap, i have no qualms with buying unflavored products from warehouse outlets.
Seems like a lot to consider but like you said, it's all minimal. I say use them especially during your fasted state.

Unflavored would be good but i love Xtend BCAAs. I make it by the gallon

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#40)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 06-28-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:

Now there is some insight that I wasn't aware of and explains WHY someone with my blood sugar condition struggles using Xtend as an intra-workout supp. The times I tried to do this, it made me feel terrible. With an already over-active pancreas...it was pushing me over the edge using the Xtend! So I only use Xtend or other BCAA's during other parts of the day when I'm not working out.

Good stuff Emeka!