IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page PaPaw's Blog...
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

(#61)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 02-17-2010, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
YES, I DO SQUATS ON THURSDAY NIGHTS. I START OUT EITHER ON THE LEG PRESS OR SQUAT MACHINE. LAST WEEK I SQUATTED UP TO 270LBS AND THEN DID 360 ON LEG PRESS MACHINE. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY SQUAT RACKS. I DON'T LIKE DOING SQUATS ON THE SMITH MACHINE.
TUESDAY NIGHT I DO EITHER SHOULDERS OR BACK, SOMETIMES I DO CARDIO. DEPENDS ON HOW MUCH I WEIGH.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT I LIKE TO DO ROW'S AND PULLDOWNS WITH CURLS AND MAYBE WORK THE "BREAKING POINT" ON MY BENCH.
I GUESS MUSCLE CONFUSION IS WHAT I DO. IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING THOUGH.
IT USE TO TAKE ME 3 OR 4 MONTHS TO GET 5 LBS. NOW I HAVE GONE UP 5 LBS IN A MONTH. MY POWERLIFTING BUDDY (KIT) HAS BEEN TRAINING ME OVER THE PHONE. LAST I SAW OF HIM HE WAS BENCHING 450 @ 198 LB BODY WEIGHT. HE'S A GREAT GUY.
Keep it going strong PAPAW.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#62)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 02-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
450 @ 198 lbs? WOW!!! I would have to go "the way of the juice" to achieve that!

Glad to hear you are doing some squats. 270 for reps is good stuff! Any deadlifts at all? Even light ones are better than "none ones"
HE'S REAL SHORT (5'3") HE'S BEEN LIFTING PRETTY MUCH ALL HIS LIFE.
HE USE TO TELL US IF WE STARTED USING STERIODS WE WERE HISTORY WORKING OUT WITH HIM. D-BOL WAS ABOUT THE ONLY THING AROUND BACK THEN AND I HAD NO IDEA OR WANTED TO FIND THAT STUFF. AS FAR AS I KNOW HE WAS ALL GENETICS.
(#63)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-17-2010, 12:45 PM

LAST DEADLIFTS I DID WAS 275 LBS. I'M JUST TRYING TO GET BACK INTO THIS STUFF SLOWLY. I DID THE 275 PRETTY EASY I'M SURE I'M GOOD FOR MORE. I'LL TRY TO START POSTING A LITTLE MORE. THANKS FOR BEING INTERESTED.
(#64)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 02-17-2010, 12:48 PM

How do you grip the bar when you deadlift?

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#65)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-18-2010, 01:35 PM

RIGHT HAND OVER AND LEFT HAND UNDER. I USE TO DO THE SUMO, BUT I HAVE HAD TO GO BACK TO THE STANDARD LIFT. I REALLY LIKED THE SUMO STYLE, I HAD REAL GOOD SUCCESS WITH IT.
(#66)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-18-2010, 04:07 PM

I've actually wanted to try Sumo, but just haven't taken the time to start with low weights to get my form down. What caused you to go back to standard Papaw?
(#67)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-18-2010, 06:02 PM

TOO LONG AWAY FROM THE BAR. I EVENTUALLY WILL TRY TO GET BACK TO SUMO, BUT I HAVE TO BUILD THOSE MUSCLES UP. IT'S [U]ALOT[U] OF THIGH AND BACK. ALSO I'M NOT SURE ABOUT MY KNEES. ONE OF MY KNEES HAD TO BE RECONSTRUCTED BECAUSE OF AN ACCIDENT. THE SUMO IS THE WAY TO GO. IF YOU HAVE BEEN DEADLIFTING FOR A WHILE TRY IT. I KNOW WHEN I WAS POWERLIFTING, I SWITCHED FROM STANDARD TO SUMO AND GAINED ABOUT 45 LBS ON MY DEADLIFT. I THINK EVERYONE HAS THEIR PREFERENCE THOUGH.
(#68)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-24-2010, 01:24 PM

I'VE BEEN READING WHAT SOME OF YOU TAKE TO HELP WITH BUILDING MUSCLES, HELPING TO LOSE WEIGHT... ETC. I'M AN EPILEPTIC AND HAVE BEEN ON MEDICATION SINCE I WAS 13. MY CONCERN WITH WHAT I INGEST IS WHAT MY LIVER AND KIDNEYS HAVE TO GO THROUGH AS WELL AS THE CHANCE OF PROSTATE CANCER. I TALKED TO MY DR. ABOUT TESTOS???(HOWEVER THAT WORD IS SPELLED) AND HE TOLD ME THAT IF I TOOK IT I COULD COUNT ON HAVING PROSTATE CANCER. I AM ALMOST TO OLD TO GROW AND I WANT TO BE STRONG; BUT I WANT TO BE CAREFUL ALSO, AS WELL AS KEEP MY BUDGET IN MIND. I'M OPEN FOR ANY IDEAS.
THANKS
(#69)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-24-2010, 01:28 PM

HEY J1R, MATT20 AND ONETIREDKRIS, I'D LIKE TO GET YOU GUYS ON MY FRIENDS LIST IF IT'S OK WITH YA'LL.
(#70)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-24-2010, 01:35 PM

OOPS YOUR ALREADY THERE ONETIREDKRIS, SORRY
(#71)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 02-24-2010, 01:54 PM

Pawpaw, just go to their profile and below there name there is a link to click on that looks like this:
(#72)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-24-2010, 02:07 PM

THANKS RICKB, I'LL LEARN HOW TO DO THIS SOMEDAY,SOMEHOW
(#73)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 02-24-2010, 05:03 PM

I added you to my buddy list. You can also click on their username in a post, then click on "Add to Buddy List".
(#74)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-24-2010, 06:02 PM

THANKS J1R
(#75)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-02-2010, 08:59 AM

LAST NIGHTS WORKOUT WENT WELL WITH SOME EXCEPTIONS. I WAS ONLY ABLE TO DO TWO SETS OF 245 FOR 3 REPS, 1 SET OF 250 FOR 1 AND THEN BACK TO 245 FOR 1. THEN I WENT TO DB'S AND DID 3 SETS OF 80 LB AND 1 SET OF 90 LB. THEN I DID 2 SETS OF 135 INCLINE BENCH. 4 SETS OF10 OF SKULL CRUSHERS AT 65 LB. 2 SETS OF 20 SITUPS AND WENT TO THE HOUSE. I WAS OK WITH EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE BENCH PRESS. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO 4 SETS OF 3 EASY.
OH WELL MAYBE NEXT TIME. I'LL JUST BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT WAS ACCOMPLISHED.
(#76)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-02-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
LAST NIGHTS WORKOUT WENT WELL WITH SOME EXCEPTIONS. I WAS ONLY ABLE TO DO TWO SETS OF 245 FOR 3 REPS, 1 SET OF 250 FOR 1 AND THEN BACK TO 245 FOR 1. THEN I WENT TO DB'S AND DID 3 SETS OF 80 LB AND 1 SET OF 90 LB. THEN I DID 2 SETS OF 135 INCLINE BENCH. 4 SETS OF10 OF SKULL CRUSHERS AT 65 LB. 2 SETS OF 20 SITUPS AND WENT TO THE HOUSE. I WAS OK WITH EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE BENCH PRESS. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO 4 SETS OF 3 EASY.
OH WELL MAYBE NEXT TIME. I'LL JUST BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT WAS ACCOMPLISHED.
That is still good stuff though Papaw! Good job and you know we have off days sometimes. You'll probably come back better next time.
(#77)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-02-2010, 09:12 AM

THANKS RICK, I'M WORKING TO HAVE A 280 BENCH BY THE FIRST OF APRIL. IF I CAN GET MY 300 LB BENCH BY JUNE I'M GONA TRY AND LOSE THE WEIGHT AND GO FOR MY FIRST BB CONTEST. I'M REAL NERVOUS ABOUT THAT TOO, I'VE NEVER DONE A BB CONTEST.
(#78)
Old
ashley willcox has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to ashley willcox
Default 03-02-2010, 09:14 AM

thats great stuff papaw, and good luck with your goal you will nail it

2010 is my year
we are what we pratice
prime
week one
week two
blast
week one
week two
(#79)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-02-2010, 01:27 PM

thanks Ashley, I appreciate the support and encouragment.
(#80)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 03-05-2010, 08:49 AM

WENT TO THE DR. YESTERDAY. HE SAID THAT I NEEDED TO LET MY SHOULDER REST FOR A WHILE. HE DIDN'T SAY I HAD TORN THE ROTATER CUFF BUT HE SAID THAT WAS THE CAUSE OF THE PAIN IN MY SHOULDER. SO, I GUESS I'LL BACK OFF FOR A WEEK OR SO AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. SO MUCH FOR GETTING THE 300 LB BENCH BY JUNE.