IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page Ronnie Rowland - 8 weeks out from show
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

(#41)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-14-2009, 09:27 AM

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#42)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
SouthernIllinois has a spectacular aura about

Default 04-15-2009, 02:48 AM

-first you take I-59 North till you get to mile marker 42... legs look like my tom tom man.... awesome job!

(#43)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Default 04-19-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernIllinois View Post
-first you take I-59 North till you get to mile marker 42... legs look like my tom tom man.... awesome job!
I appreciate the compliments. I took some more pics today. Shoulder vascularity is starting to come in nicely. I'm getting there inch by inch. I miss my carbs but it's all worth it in the end.

I will revert back to carb cycling for the summer and remain lean. This winter I plan to do a clean bulk and put on a lot more size..I need it at 43 years of age working with all these 20 year olds (some who are genetic freaks to boot..lol)

(#44)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 04-20-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Rowland View Post
I appreciate the compliments. I took some more pics today. Shoulder vascularity is starting to come in nicely. I'm getting there inch by inch. I miss my carbs but it's all worth it in the end.

I will revert back to carb cycling for the summer and remain lean. This winter I plan to do a clean bulk and put on a lot more size..I need it at 43 years of age working with all these 20 year olds (some who are genetic freaks to boot..lol)
Looking awesome Ronnie! I was wondering why you decided to go the keto route? Did you plateau with the carb cycling? Not questioning you, just curious

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#45)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-20-2009, 12:50 PM

I have updated pics of them. Give me a little bit and I will have them up.

(#46)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-20-2009, 12:55 PM

(#47)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 04-20-2009, 01:12 PM

damn.looks great ron.good luck

Controlled labs supps.
(#48)
Old
Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold Ronnie Rowland is a splendid one to behold

Default 04-20-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
Looking awesome Ronnie! I was wondering why you decided to go the keto route? Did you plateau with the carb cycling? Not questioning you, just curious
matt, Kathy had more body fat to lose than me. I knew it was going to be tough on her if I ate my morning oatmeal in front of her during carb cycling while she was straight eggs in "keto-land". So, what did I do? I decided to be the nice guy and started ketosis with her about 4 weeks earlier than I needed. It's made things tough on me! However, she looks great and I am ahead of schedule. She had been carb cycling prior but her body was getting used to it. Most woman have a metabolism similar to a guy with a slower metabolic rate (like a turtle). Now for me-I normally would have went around 6 weeks carb cycling followed by 6 weeks ketosis. This time it went 2 weeks carb cycling and 10 weeks ketosis. THE THINGS WE DO FOR WOMEN

(#49)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 04-20-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
matt, Kathy had more body fat to lose than me. I knew it was going to be tough on her if I ate my morning oatmeal in front of her during carb cycling while she was straight eggs in "keto-land". So, what did I do? I decided to be the nice guy and started ketosis with her about 4 weeks earlier than I needed. It's made things tough on me! However, she looks great and I am ahead of schedule. She had been carb cycling prior but her body was getting used to it. Most woman have a metabolism similar to a guy with a slower metabolic rate (like a turtle). Now for me-I normally would have went around 6 weeks carb cycling followed by 6 weeks ketosis. This time it went 2 weeks carb cycling and 10 weeks ketosis. THE THINGS WE DO FOR WOMEN
Haha very nice of you! Good to know, I was just curious.

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

(#50)
Old

Default 04-21-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Haha very nice of you! Good to know, I was just curious.
matt, when you compete heres a few things to take in consideration- Some people do well carbing up two days in a row while in ketosis then staying off carbs for 5 days straight. I personally like this approach.

The benefits are three-fold:

1) I train legs on saturdays. As you know, it's hard to get in a good leg workout without some carbs. I take in two carb meals late on friday to fill my muscle full of glycogen. This allows me to get a much better leg workout the following day and have energy to move onto low intensity cardio afterwards. I'm usually fantasizing about the pancakes I'll be devouring afterwards since its now my second carb up day!

2) Weekly weigh-ins are done on friday morning with more consistency since all the water will be removed from my system.

3) My body will get use to carbing up 2 days in a row which works best for me when entering a competition.

(#51)
Old

Default 04-21-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
matt, when you compete heres a few things to take in consideration- Some people do well carbing up two days in a row while in ketosis then staying off carbs for 5 days straight. I personally like this approach.

The benefits are three-fold:

1) I train legs on saturdays. As you know, it's hard to get in a good leg workout without some carbs. I take in two carb meals late on friday to fill my muscle full of glycogen. This allows me to get a much better leg workout the following day and have energy to move onto low intensity cardio afterwards. I'm usually fantasizing about the pancakes I'll be devouring afterwards since its now my second carb up day!

2) Weekly weigh-ins are done on friday morning with more consistency since all the water will be removed from my system.

3) My body will get use to carbing up 2 days in a row which works best for me when entering a competition.

Thanks Ronnie! Really great info! So are you carbing up on more low or high glycemic carbs or does it even really matter? I know I have heard of some people say more simple carbs at the beginning to get them into your system and then go towards more complex carbs.

(#52)
Old

Default 04-22-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks Ronnie! Really great info! So are you carbing up on more low or high glycemic carbs or does it even really matter? I know I have heard of some people say more simple carbs at the beginning to get them into your system and then go towards more complex carbs.
I'll start with strawberry whole wheat panckes (use sugar fre syrup) and advance to oatmeal.

(#53)
Old

Default 04-22-2009, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I'll start with strawberry whole wheat panckes (use sugar fre syrup) and advance to oatmeal.
Ok. Thanks

(#54)
Old

Default 04-22-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Ok. Thanks
on second thought I will use real syrup the first meal as artificial sweetners can make you hold fluid. I like light syrup. After that meal until show around 35 grams of slower burning carbs like oatmeal, white rice and sweet potatoes per meal (6 per day). Very little protein while keeping fats in each meal to help fill the muscles out teh msucles for stage.

The morning of the show-4 whole eggs and 35 grams of oatmeal for breakfast.

(#55)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-27-2009, 10:56 AM

(#56)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 05-05-2009, 09:22 AM

(#57)
Old

Default 05-05-2009, 11:03 AM

Looking lean as hell ronnie!

(#58)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 05-05-2009, 11:28 AM

hell yeah! getting super shredded!! whats the contest date?
(#59)
Old
rycov24 is on a distinguished road

Default 05-05-2009, 12:04 PM

holy shredded! What's your body fat %??? Must be CRAZY low....

Light weight baby! Light weight! - Philosophical words of Ronnie Coleman
(#60)
Old

Default 05-06-2009, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
hell yeah! getting super shredded!! whats the contest date?
MAY 16