IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Open Chat
Reload this Page Me deck is almost done!!!1
Open Chat Discuss anything here.

Me deck is almost done!!!1
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default Me deck is almost done!!!1 - 06-25-2008, 08:03 PM

Yeah fakking hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Almost done till I think of 20 things that still need to be done, lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1006.JPG (353.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1007.JPG (314.4 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1008.JPG (309.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1009.JPG (268.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1010.JPG (339.8 KB, 18 views)

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-25-2008, 09:18 PM

awesome job omaha, are you going to get those little spendols that go on top of the posts to dress it out.

All we have left is the railing for ours. I am waiting on a delivery from one of our vendors from stanley Bostitch with the air compressor and the guns.

Again awesome job. I hope you guys really enjoy it. I know we are already on ours. Now on to weather proofing and staining Yiiiiippppyyyyy.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-25-2008, 09:34 PM

Wife picked out solar lamp toppers with copper/tin tops that are diamond shapped on top. Will be on the outside posts. The ones close to the house will get cut flat most likely. At the end of summer when it has dried out fully I will cedar tone stain it and seal it. Still need to make some forms and concrete in the base of the beam posts for extra protection at the base from the weather/elements.

Did you screw yours or nail it all? This screw thing takes forever, but will hold tight for years till it needs replacing again.

(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 06-25-2008, 09:40 PM

Nice work Omaha! Looks great!
(#5)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 06-25-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omaha16859 View Post
Wife picked out solar lamp toppers with copper/tin tops that are diamond shapped on top. Will be on the outside posts. The ones close to the house will get cut flat most likely. At the end of summer when it has dried out fully I will cedar tone stain it and seal it. Still need to make some forms and concrete in the base of the beam posts for extra protection at the base from the weather/elements.

Did you screw yours or nail it all? This screw thing takes forever, but will hold tight for years till it needs replacing again.

we nailed but with galvinized nails so they ain't coming out. decking is starting to dry already and tighten up on the nails. these things are here to stay. We were going to screw but as big as out deck is that would have taken forever.

(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-25-2008, 10:50 PM

I had stayed away from the galvanized nails due to reading and hearing from people that the new treatment of AC2 lumber is too hard on galvanized nails and causes them to break down over time. The screws I used were triple hot dipped and have a goldish hue to them. I did use galvanized lag screws cause those farkers are so thick they are not going anywhere. Gotta love the internet. Got all my info and know how from there and Menards decking dept.

(#7)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 06-26-2008, 05:49 AM

Hind sight being 20/20 I would have used screws if I had the time. Unfortunately I did not have that kind of time. But, with that said I had done some reading on decks.com that said some of those issue may be regional based as far a where you are actually building your deck. Me being in Alabama where even at it's coldest is still relitively more humid that where you may be. year round that is. So we don't necessarily down in the deep south have to worry so much about things rusting that quick.

But you are right on about the screws actually being stronger if anything it gets a better bite on the board. I have had to come back on certain areas and add screws to tighten the corners up on some places.

(#8)
Old
Certifiable - Crazy Lady!
madmaxie is on a distinguished road

Default 06-26-2008, 01:27 PM

It's beautiful, reminds me of spain!
(#9)
Old
Drakedogg has a spectacular aura about

Default 06-27-2008, 09:27 AM

That's sharp Big O. Have you thought about running something like a 2x6 around the top posts vs. topping them. Just personal opinion here but I like to be able to lean on the top rail or have a place to set things like plants, plates, BEER. Depending on how much of a carpenter you are you could do that then get some unfinished molding to attach to the outside of it to make it look like it made to be that way.

Fear is not what defines you, your actions in the face of Fear is who you are!!! I won't be scared to push myself anymore!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=drakedogg
(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-27-2008, 09:33 AM

Mr. Dog, it's gonna have to be 2x4's due to the posts being 4x4's. This kind of what the wife wants for toppers on the posts.

(#11)
Old

Default 06-27-2008, 09:40 AM

I like that. The light effect will be cool at night. I was actually talking bout passing on those toppers and putting a 2x6 running around on top of the 4x4. that would give an inch on each side of the posts for running the trim under the 2x6 to the 4x4 giving it that fitted look but I like the pics you posted.

Fear is not what defines you, your actions in the face of Fear is who you are!!! I won't be scared to push myself anymore!

(#12)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 06-27-2008, 09:58 AM

Heck yeah! That will look saweet! It will also help the vertical posts stay in good shape longer by protecting the ends. Nice!
(#13)
Old
DaveM is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to DaveM Send a message via Yahoo to DaveM
Default 06-27-2008, 11:40 AM

That's one great looking deck, Omaha. But I can see it's already infested with little pink deck gremlins.

***Dave Minella, WNBF Pro***
***2007 & 2008 INBF Natural Atlantic Coast Lightweight Champion***
(#14)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 07-01-2008, 10:20 AM

Great job Omaha! It looks great.
(#15)
Old

Default 07-07-2008, 10:36 PM

you got this thing finished yet? ready to see finished pics

(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 07-07-2008, 11:55 PM

Yes and no, need to order the post toppers and do some cement work if it ever stops raining every other day.