IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page my workout
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

my workout
(#1)
Old
tom is on a distinguished road

Default my workout - 09-14-2008, 12:49 PM

ok this is my workout please tell me what you think this is starting tomoz

mon:
barbell curls 10reps x3
1 handed curls 14reps x5
bmx for a few hours (or run for around 1 hour)
bench press 10reps x3
tues:
barbell curls 10reps x3
1 handed curls 14reps x5
bench press 10reps x3
wed:
barbell curls 10reps x3
1 handed curls 14reps x5
bench press 10reps x3
thurs:
barbell curls 10reps x3
1 handed curls 14reps x5
bench press 10reps x3
fri:
barbell curls 10reps x3
1 handed curls 14reps x5
bench press 10reps x3
sat:bmx with mates
sun:bmx with mates
(#2)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-14-2008, 03:53 PM

You definitly need to work on that routine man, bi's and chest five days a week, not good. You need to look around on this site a little more Tom, Rick has nice sticky on 4 and 5 day splits, we have Ronnie Rowland here who has an awsome write up on the STS training sytem (which he is the author and creator of). You need to hit all your muscles in weight training, upper and lower back, bi's, tri's, chest, qaud's, ham's, ab's, shoulder's etc.... I thought I knew something till I came to IPYU and realized that there is more to just lifting some iron (diet, sleep <-- a big one I never thought about, routine, sets, the list is infinite.) I know you are asking for help and that's what we do here is HELP each other, not do the work for you. I'm not trying to come down on you, just do some searching and reading and try to inform yourself a little, then ask some questions.

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#3)
Old

Default 09-14-2008, 05:23 PM

ok thank you mann

well basicly i wana be a boxer/mma yano ufc fighter but i need to cut the weight for them abs and get on the weights for muscle and learn how to hit hard
iv been looking and i think a 5 day split were cardio 5 days a week weight lifing 3 times?just gotta find the best exercises
(#4)
Old
AA EFX

Default 09-14-2008, 05:28 PM

Dude, it seems like you get enough cardio riding your bike allday. Also if your thinking about MMA once your training for that, I think there would be plenty more cardio. If I were you I would get my diet and workout routine in check first. Do you take any multi vitamins or anything?

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

(#5)
Old

Default 09-14-2008, 05:35 PM

im on nothing just str8 food and drink
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
omaha16859 is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-14-2008, 07:46 PM

If you start training MMA style, you'll be able to eat a ton and still stay lean. The training is so intense for the endurance and power that the cal's burned is large.

Jack3D and that's it, nothing else other then FOOD
(#7)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 09-14-2008, 08:48 PM

Tom

I thought we went through this before. Did I not make up a basic routine for you that was easy to follow.

Have you followed through with any of it.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#8)
Old

Default 09-15-2008, 01:45 AM

yes mac i did it for 8 weeks lify you said but nothing happened really
(#9)
Old
ashley willcox has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via MSN to ashley willcox
Default 09-15-2008, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
yes mac i did it for 8 weeks lify you said but nothing happened really
what was your diet like in those 8 weeks?

2010 is my year
we are what we pratice
prime
week one
week two
blast
week one
week two
(#10)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 09-15-2008, 08:14 AM

I can unequivocally promise you here and now. It is not the workout that is not getting the results you want.

Just like Ashley just stated. It is your diet.

Common sense being the most important factor here can tell you what is good healthy food and what is crap.

Also reading the multitutde of threads and articles posted in this fourm will also teach you how to diet.

It is not the workout it is the lifestyle of diet and rest that shape you.

In the most extreme cases you don't even need a gym to get your body in shape. Those are tools to help. You can do a whole lot of exercises and not even get out of your bedroom if need be. The workouts with weights only help in another way and better in moset cases than not if you were just going through the motions.

You need to set small goals. It looks like right now you are grasping for straws. Hell, I do the same thing in changing workouts up, but what is different is I follow through with them. It all depends on what you want to achieve.

If you want to loose weight use that calcualation that ashley worked out for you and stick to it. Here is another rule of thumb and just try this Don't eat any complex carbs after lunch. Do your cardio. Get out and walk it is okay to do your BMX riding but in some cases that is not burning enough calories the way you want.

Drop all junk food, they are off limits. when someone offers a slice of pizza you go get a turkey sandwich on wheat bread.

When there is ice cream go drink a protein shake or settle for a glass of fat free milk.

Lastly get your butt back on that program I set up for you. I will look for it later and see if I can revise it. For you right now it may be to much. Remember at your age right now and experience level to much could hurt your future progress.

Here: I found the workout and the diet article there is nothing wrong with that workout. That should keep you busy burning calories very well.

It is your diet that needs working on.

I want a detailed log of what you eat every day so we can critique it.

Quote:
Monday
Chest

1. Incline Barbbell Press
3 sets of 8-10 reps
2. Decline Dumbbell Press
3 sets of 8-10 reps
3. Dumbbell Flyes
3 sets of 8-10 reps

Tuesday
Upper and Lower Back

1. Full Deadlifts
3 sets of 8-10 reps
2. Lat Pull downs or Pull ups
3 sets of 8-10 reps
3. Seated Cable Rows
3 sets of 8-10 reps

Wenesday
Biceps and Triceps

1. Barbbell Curls
3 sets of 8-10 reps
2.Hammer Curls
3 sets of 8-10 reps
3. Close Grip Bench Press
3 sets 8-10 reps
4. Tricep Pushdown on cable machine with triangle bar attachment
3 sets of 8-10 reps

Thursday
Shoulders and Traps

1. Military Press seated
3 sets of 8-10 reps
2. Upright Rows
3 sets of 8-10 reps
3 Barbbell Front Raises
3 sets of 8-10 reps
4. Barbell Shrugs
3 sets of 8-10 reps

Friday
Legs

1.Squats
3 sets of 8-10 reps
2.Leg Extensions
3 sets of 8-10 reps
3.Dumbbell walking lunges
3 sets of 8-10 reps
4.Lying Leg Curls
3 sets of 8-10 reps
5. Stiff Leg Deadlifts
3 sets of 8-10 reps
6. Standing Calve Raises
3 sets of 8-10 reps
7 Seated Calve Raises
3 sets of 8-10 reps

Friday is a big day so have your cheat meal on Saturday and get plenty of Protein.

Basically follow this diet plan Ronnie listed down.

Read post #574 in this thread
http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showth...=10488&page=58

Follow this diet plan but make adjustments with your caloric intake as needed. Meaning Your about 175 pounds which means your BMR is around 2900 calories a day.

This means that you need to if you are trying to loose weight eat about 2400 calories a day

Protien Requirements: 210 grams a protein a day
Carbs : take in about 200 grams in carbs a day. Every other day I would lower the carb amout to 150.
Fat : 80 grams of fat but make them healthy fats Try to shoot for 60 grams to stay safe.

Follow this template for what ever times you workout at :

Quote:
Sample diet for High carb/calorie days: Designed for those who work out in the morning.

Meal 1: 10 eggs-1 whole egg and 9 egg whites (5 grams of fat and 50 grams of protein, 1 and 1/2 cups of oatmeal (90 grams of carbs).

(Workout)

Meal 2: Whey protein shake (50 grams of protein) and 2 bananas (50 grams of carbs)

Meal 3: Lean Protein like deli chicken (50 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat) and 2 slice of whole wheat bread (50 grams of carbs) and an apple (25 grams of carbs)

Meal 4: Tuna (50 grams of Protein) and 6 Almonds (5 grams of fat)

Meal 5: Large portion of lean meat such as chicken, salmon or London broil (50 grams of protein) salad (green leaf romaine) with 5 TBS of extra virgin olive oil (70 grams of fat), a small amount of feta cheese (7 grams of fat) and 6 tbsp of croutons (12 carbs)

Meal 6: Whey protein shake (50 grams) with 1 tablespoon of smart balance peanut butter ( 8 grams of fat)

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, (250 grams Carbs), and around 100 grams of fat.

Sample diet for High carb/calorie days: Designed for those who work out in the evening.

Meal 1:10 eggs-1 whole egg and 9 egg whites (5 grams of fat and 50 grams of protein, 1 and 1/2 cups of oatmeal (90 grams of carbs).

Meal 2: Tuna (50 grams of Protein) and 6 Almonds (5 grams of fat)

Meal 3:Lean Protein like deli chicken (50 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat) and 2 slice of whole wheat bread (50 grams of carbs) and an apple (25 grams of carbs)

(Workout)

Meal 4: Whey protein shake (50 grams of protein) and 2 bananas (50 grams of carbs)

Meal 5: Large portion of lean meat such as chicken, salmon or London broil (50 grams of protein) salad (green leaf romaine) with 5 TBS of extra virgin olive oil (70 grams of fat), a small amount of feta cheese (7 grams of fat) and 6 tbsp of croutons (12 carbs)

Meal 6: Whey protein shake (50 grams) with 1 tablespoon of smart balance peanut butter ( 8 grams of fat)

That turns into approximately 300 grams protein, (250 grams Carbs), and around 100 grams of fat.

Sample diet for cheat day (High carb/fat/calorie day)

Note: A cheat day consist of being able to eat 2 large meals containing anything you want within reason and making the other 3-4 meals like those found in the first carb up day. Itís usually best to eat these 2 meals for breakfast and dinner.

Meal 1: 8 eggs-1 whole egg and 7 egg whites, a HUGE stack of blueberry pancakes cooked in olive oil and light syrup, sugar free syrup or pure maple syrup.

Meal 2: Lean Protein like deli chicken and 2 slice of whole wheat bread.

Meal 3:Whey protein shake (50 grams of protein) a bowl of cheerios and 1 banana.

Meal 4:Pizza, chips, salad, and some ice cream (pralines and cream).

Meal 5: Whey protein shake (50 grams) with 1 tablespoon of smart balance peanut butter ( 8 grams of fat)

Supplements: Make sure and consume adequate fluids each day containing no sugar. Protein intake can be lower during each weekly cheat meal since protein sources will be spared from all the carbs/calories and you do not have to take a fast acting post workout shake/carb combo because cutting has more to do with preserving the muscles as opposed to adding a lot more unless you are a beginner to a proper structured weight training program like the Slingshot Training System. You will be fine if you just have your regularly scheduled meal when you get home after working out. In order to get really lean you can choose to use green tea and/or caffeine pills or low calorie caffeine drinks twice a day at 200-400 mgs. Take them during breakfast and an hour before workouts to help push through and increase the thermogenic effect. Green tea extract also increases the metabolism. Take 500-1000 mgs of green tea along with caffeine twice a day. Obviously, drugs like Growth Hormone, Clenbuterol and T-3 can be added to burn off additional fat at the fastest rate possible.

Cardio: Let it be known that cardio is not needed to get cut! In fact, some find it harder to get cut and/or stay cut with cardio because it makes them hungrier, especially for carbs and it tends to burn off their muscle mass when in a calorie defict! This is why skinny people with a poor appetite can benefit during a mass gaining phase by doing some cardio to increase their appetite. Too much high-intensity-cardio or moderate-long-distance cardio eats muscle tissue for breakfast! Moderate-intensity-cardio (roughly 70% hear rate) should never be in excess of 45 minutes 5 days per week and 15-20 minutes is plenty when doing high-intensity cardio. Do not exceed 5 days of cardio per week or you'll risk burning muscle mass for fuel! Cardio can be performed at anytime (morning on an empty stomach, post workout, etc). But, never do cardio after a hard leg training day were a lot of intense work sets are performed for the quads and hams (for i.e.: 12-24 sets). Trying to do so can cause over-training. If you perform cardio on an empty stomach have a small whey protein shake in water or some BCCAíS in water about 15 minutes prior. Do not mix with carbs! The extra amino acids will aid in preventing muscle loss when glycogen levels are low! A good plan is to start out at 10 minutes of high-intensity-cardio, 15 minutes of high-intensity- interval cardio or 20 minutes of moderate-intensity-cardio 3-5 days a week. During a long drawn out cutting phase you can increase cardio output by way of duration and intensity every 2-3 weeks if needed until the maximum times limits allowed are reached. Experiment with cardio to find what works best for you.

Editors Note: On a personal note, I do only one 15-20 minute high-intensity-cardio session (hitting a heavy bag) once a week whether I am bulking or cutting. This works best for me in terms of being able to maintain my gains during a cut or increasing gains during a mass phase. I have learned I make better progress putting more time into weight training and being stricter on my diet, instead of pounding my joints on a treadmill. I try to stay busy when cutting down and chew a pack of sugar free gum daily to deter food cravings. Take this information and apply it to your goals.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 09-15-2008, 01:53 PM

if you follow that to a t. I promise you you will be stronger and leaner. That is basically the same thing I am doing righ now and my strength and size is going up really fast.

No One Ever said. this was easy man, It takes a detication like no other. But DIET is key. Its like, hmm, ok, it would be like building your BMX bike to its fullest and then only rideing it on the sidewalk. you know. Same here. No point in tryin to build your body without feeding it propperly.You won't seen ANY results in any program if you eating Pizza and chips and other bs all day every day.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#12)
Old

Default 09-15-2008, 03:55 PM

thank you its monday today and i started the routine mac said and i felt amazing
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
SouthernIllinois has a spectacular aura about

Default 09-15-2008, 07:53 PM

sorry for the late post guys but oh my god you need to get some more reading in if your still thinkin you need to do bi's and chest all 5 days a week brother. for one your not gonna get any results other than just wearing your arms out. Another (as mac i'm sure told you) you'll need to do your tri's and chest on the same day since both are kinetic motions away from your body and the same with Bi's and Back since both are kinetic motions toward your body. And if your wantin to do some MMA you would think that you would want to spend some time on your triceps for stronger punches and a lot of forearm and leg work so you can really hold on to your opponent. Good thing you came to this site bro you need to get some good information

(#14)
Old
AA EFX

Default 09-16-2008, 01:23 PM

How's that diet coming Tom?

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 09-16-2008, 04:24 PM

I hope everything's going good for you Tom. If you need anything, feel free to PM me.

Do work!
(#16)
Old

Default 09-16-2008, 04:47 PM

im gonna follow the diet plan mac said if i can
(#17)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 09-16-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
im gonna follow the diet plan mac said if i can
see thats where you messing up. IF YOU CAN, No its either you can or can't theres no half way man, If you meet this half way your only cheating yourself

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#18)
Old
AA EFX

Default 09-16-2008, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed372 View Post
see thats where you messing up. IF YOU CAN, No its either you can or can't theres no half way man, If you meet this half way your only cheating yourself

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

(#19)
Old

Default 09-17-2008, 05:00 AM

i live with my parents so il have to get them to buy the stuff
(#20)
Old