IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Teen Bodybuilding
Reload this Page j1r!!!'s Diet
Teen Bodybuilding Forum dedicated to teen bodybuilders. Get the foundation right and discuss issues related to young bodybuilders and how to get started the right way.

j1r!!!'s Diet
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default j1r!!!'s Diet - 10-10-2008, 05:18 PM

Cross Country Season will end tomorrow so I'm pumped to get back into working out. I started off just doing some stuff on my own the last time I started. Could you guys give me guidance on workout routines, diet, etc? Right now I'm currently 5' 6'' and about 125 lbs. Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Here's also a specific question: How much cardio do you need in your workout?

Do work!
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 10-11-2008, 11:30 AM

Cardio? Your so small/Lean now Id be willing to bet you don't need any. LOL I do it 1 to 2 times a week for about an hour. But Im leaning out pretty good with my diet alone.

As far as Workout and Diet. What do you want to do man? You want to Bulk(put on muscle) or Just GET Stronger or what? Because the diet will have to fit the routine.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 10-11-2008, 01:07 PM

Thanks for your advice about the cardio. I just thought it was something you always added after your workout. I'll probably do the fitness bike for my cardio to start off and then run for my cardio after a while.

I'd definitely like to gain muscle and get stronger if those two things are possible at once. If I had to choose one over the other I would like to gain muscle first and then get stronger.

Do work!
(#4)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 10-11-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1r!!! View Post
Thanks for your advice about the cardio. I just thought it was something you always added after your workout. I'll probably do the fitness bike for my cardio to start off and then run for my cardio after a while.

I'd definitely like to gain muscle and get stronger if those two things are possible at once. If I had to choose one over the other I would like to gain muscle first and then get stronger.
you can do the cardio if you want, but with you being young and coming off cross country season i would recommend you to do it as LITTLE as possible to really allow your muscles to grow. when im maintaining or trying to gain muscle i do absolutely zero cardio, even when im trying to loose weight im at max going to have 3 cardio sessions a week @ 20-30 min.

and yes gaining muscle and strength at the same time is possible, and at your beginner stage it is guaranteed.

just get your rear in the gym, do all the major movements :bench,squats, lat pulldowns,lat rows, shoulder press/raises.

AND EAT, MEAT!
(#5)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default 11-04-2008, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
you can do the cardio if you want, but with you being young and coming off cross country season i would recommend you to do it as LITTLE as possible to really allow your muscles to grow. when im maintaining or trying to gain muscle i do absolutely zero cardio, even when im trying to loose weight im at max going to have 3 cardio sessions a week @ 20-30 min.

and yes gaining muscle and strength at the same time is possible, and at your beginner stage it is guaranteed.

just get your rear in the gym, do all the major movements :bench,squats, lat pulldowns,lat rows, shoulder press/raises.

AND EAT, MEAT!
x2.

The best advice you can have is to follow along with a basic powerlifting routine and premise. The powerlifting routine will focus on heavy compound movements. You need to eat EVERYTHING in sight (this goes mainly for whole foods) if you've gotten away from it, get back to 6-8 meals a day. High protein intake, Moderate carbohydrate intake,and moderate fat intake. I would also recommend that you do not do cardio, and allow your body to recover properly from the season and from the workouts. That is by fay the fastest way to put on strength and mass.