IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Female Training and Nutrition Forum
Reload this Page beginner?
Female Training and Nutrition Forum Forum dedicated to female training and nutrition. Discuss exercises, weight loss, supplements, nutrition, and staying in shape.

(#1)
Old
lucretiamottcuh is on a distinguished road

Default 10-03-2006, 06:13 PM

so i'm new to all of this stuff (and i'm a chick, by the by) and i'm not really doing the whole bodybuilding/powerlifting thing; i'm just an athlete

i'm wanting to get into really good shape for my upcoming basketball season, which starts october 23rd. how can i start getting back into shape and stay that way without breaking any rules and keeping from eating bad and everything. any advice?
(#2)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-03-2006, 07:14 PM

do cardio (running,cycling,cross trainer)and high rep training.work on the muscles you use for basketball.legs- inner, outer, hams, and quads as well as calfs, work on jumps with weights to improve your spring. also you want upper body strength for ball control and body control.shoulders arms and chest endurance can only help.stick with the basics chest and shoulder presses bicep curls and tricep extensions as well as squats and calf raises.once you get them down you can expand your workout to includemoreexcercises.

Controlled labs supps.
(#3)
Old
lucretiamottcuh is on a distinguished road

Default 10-04-2006, 07:36 AM

but how can i do all of that at home while managing school (sounds like not that big of a problem but my whole day consists of school; go to school, come home and do hours of homework)
(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-16-2006, 12:23 AM

You will first need to know what and how much time you can prioritize to your fitness levels. You still have time either before school for running and at least 45 minutes after school for strenght training. Or what ever you need to be doing as far as sports specific to achieve your goals.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#5)
Old
barnetjs is on a distinguished road

Default 10-16-2006, 08:28 AM

Good post mac - that is what I was going to say as I was reading through.