IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page Mixing Proteins
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

Mixing Proteins
(#1)
Old
Mustang is on a distinguished road

Default Mixing Proteins - 04-01-2012, 04:08 AM

I have been using protein as a supplement pre and post workout, as well as before bed every night. My pre has always been ON Whey Gold Standard, and my Post, up until recently when i started to try and get more cut, was Universal Torrent. My pre bedtime drink has been, and remains ON's Casein whey.

Here is my question. I have switched from using the Universal Torrent as a post to a combination of 1 scoop ON Whey Gold and 1 Scoop ON Casein (mixed with water). My thinking is that by dropping the Torrent I lose the added carbs it contained, and by combining the Whey and Casein together in the post I get the fast absorbing protein (Gold Whey) with a longer, slow digesting feed (Casein) that keeps me full for longer. I also always add 2 grams of creatine to the shake as well.

Is my thinking on this completely f'd? What do you suggest? Am I wasting money doing this?

I am 49 years old this month and lifting M,W,F, (3 days per week) in the mornings, and doing cardio classes T, TH (2 days per week). I do the post shake protein combo every day after whatever training I do. On the weekends I just rest! I have additional questions on cutting sups but I'm gonna throw that up on another thread.

Thanks for the help guys.

Steve
(#2)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 04-01-2012, 10:54 AM

It's fine mixing those two. I mix them all the time, that way I have a fast digesting plus the slow digesting proteins. Putting the creatine in there is fine also.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#3)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-02-2012, 09:04 AM

Yeah no problem mixing them at all like DD said.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#4)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM

Steve this is an awesome idea I don't see any issues with it. Infact many many protein powders are mixes between whey, Casein, etc. Unless you are buying a Whey Isolate powder, which would be advertised on the label.

Don't be afraid of the post workout carbs from Torrent tho. I'm not sure how many or what kind but carb in your post is usually a plus.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...