IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page BigMix Fasted Training Diet and Sups
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
BigMix Fasted Training Diet and Sups
(#1)
Old
Bigmix is on a distinguished road

Default BigMix Fasted Training Diet and Sups - 05-26-2011, 07:59 PM

Well at 42 I guess I'm better suited in this section I'll post my training my diet my thoughts and my journey to my first BB contest. My stats I'm 6'5" weight currently is 240lbs down from 298lbs from November of last year. My goal was to hang on to as much muscle as possible yeah I know that's the goal for all BBr's. I started with very little cardio initially and continued to increase it to now 2 sessions a day. Training has been heavy with high reps little rest between sets. I also use Fst-7 along with this style of lifting.

I started Fasted training ( no meals pre-workout) not just cardio also all weight training is done in this way I workout in the morning so it's just pre-workout sups and powdered amino acids. I thought I would take a performance hit without pre-workout carbs not at all my energy levels have never been better and not feeling weak at all.

I also use a version of keto 30-50 grams of carbs a day with a re-feed carb up every 7th day. This is scheduled to take advantage of my heaviest lifting days while my glycogen levels are high and tapper off Chest,Back,Legs shoulders and arms.

I start a depletion style workout wed,thurs and fri. 30-40 min all body circuit 20-40 reps 2 sets per body part and 45-60 min of cardio.

Wed I employ complexes as my all body circuit and I use the big three on that day Compound moves. 4 rounds usually working up to my heaviest weight on all three lifts. Enough rest to add weights
Dead lifts
Squats/leg presses
Chest BB,bench or DB bench

Well I guess that is it in a nutshell for now.

Bigmix