IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Post Your Pictures
Reload this Page Hi, new in many many ways (updated pics Post 14)
Post Your Pictures Lets see what dedication and years of training have created!!

Hi, new in many many ways (updated pics Post 14)
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default Hi, new in many many ways (updated pics Post 14) - 02-16-2009, 09:42 PM

So I've been lurking around this site for a few years doing more reading than I ever thought I would about bodybuilding and lifting/dieting in general. So might as well introduce myself here, finally. Any suggestions, please do. I've got some really big friends, and know some guys who've won several bodybuilding competitions in new england over the years (and met a whole bunch more at the gym) and hopefully you guys can give me some more advice.

I'm about to be 23 and I have a huge problem, I can't gain weight. Although just recently I finally quit smoking, am cutting back on my drinking, and have learned that sleep is my friend, I'm still struggling to gain weight.
Daily average diet:
bfast 6am: bowl of oatmeal 2 hard boiled eggs (whites only) and a glass of OJ
9am work break: 2 sandwiches (meat varies by what's on sale) lettuce, american cheese, lil bit of mayo always on potato bread and a weight gainer shake (gnc mass xxx with whole milk)
12noon work lunch: usually leftovers (chicken/shrip with pasta, steak/potatoes sort of meals) apple or banana OR run of the mill subway foot long with said piece of fruit
5pm dinner: something home cooked, usually 1 part meat, pasta or potatoes, a fruit or veggie, and a second weight gainer again with whole milk

As far as supplements go right now I'm not taking anything except the weight gainer. Have taken N.O Xplode, hated that. Animal M-Stak which I don't think did anything. Various protein shakes which had no noticeable effect. Gakic and Creakic, both of which I liked but never gained any real weight, got stronger but no stronger than I've been able to attain all natural.

I started exercising in the summer of 06 half hearted to stay in shape when I stopped playing sports, although I did and still have a fairly physically demanding job at a lumber yard. Late April 2008 is when I finally joined the gym and haven't missed a beat since, it's my second home and probably the most fun thing I've ever done with my life.

And of course, the pics. I'm spot on 6' tall and from day of of the gym I think I've managed to put on all of 2 or 3 pounds, although strength gains and looks have been incredibly noticeable.

8-29-06

11-25-06

3-21-07

5-18-08

12-15-08 (last week doing supps 165lbs)

Sorry for the finger, was for a much, much bigger gym buddy

2-3-09 (cycled off all supps xcept weight gainer 163lbs)

Please comment or ask questions as necessary, I would absolutely love to continue getting stronger but would even more love to gain some weight!

Last edited by ouija; 02-17-2009 at 06:32 PM.
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-16-2009, 10:27 PM

Pull your drawers up son! Welcome to IPYU. Nice progress so far. I'll let the guys more versed in diet handle the details there. You might want to check out this link:

http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=11058

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 02-16-2009, 11:03 PM

welcome to Illpumpyouup.com As far as gaining. What do u want to gain. SIZE or Strength? They are two totally different. Roads.... I have meal plans for both. and supliments for both as well.

right off. Id say you need to eat more. more pro. and MORE carbs.(complex) not simple. LIke Brown rice and Wheat Bread... Sweet Potatoes. and so on... Size don't come easy for everyone but if diet is adjusted propperly and the Propper Sups are added anyone can put on qulaity mass and gain strength.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-17-2009, 06:35 AM

Well, said Fed.

I would like to see a one week breakdown of what you are eating. Everything From the moment you are getting up to the time you go to bed.

It is not your working out that is keeping your weight gains from happening. You look solid.

It is going to be pure diet throught and through with you. I mean your almost going to have to do a what we call a dirty bulk. Just start shoveling food into your system. High protein until your gut hurts. I mean I am serious here eating so much protein and complex carbs you will have that bloated feeling for the first two are three weeks. I would do this more at night though as your metablolism is so fast and so reved up that you would burn off pretty fast during the day. That is one way.

Here is the bad news:

All this depends on your genetics for doing this naturally. If you want to gain 5 to 10 pounds of Lean muscle mass. It is going to be hard because looking at you, you are a classice ectomorph bodystyle. it is all about the eating, and getting plenty of rest. The quiting smoking and drinking will help alot. The only problem about stuffing all the food into your system is it clogs your digestive system up with toxins so try to eat as pure organic food as possible. This means chicken, beef, and fish products that don't have a lot of chemicals in them. Veggies and complex carbs as fresh as you can get them. Processed stuff will do nothing more than clog your system up.

Welcome to the board and I look forward to seeing your progress.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#5)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 02-17-2009, 12:22 PM

first off stay away from anything that says muscle tech on the label.stuff is loaded with sugar and is way to expensive.
as far as supps go the ones you might want to start out with is a multi-vitamin,whey protein,a creatine(mono if you dont mind water retention/cee if you do)and l-glutamine. these are good starters. once you get goin maybe add an n.o product and maybe beta alanine.
good supps companies that ive used and would recomend are sns,axis labs and gaspari nut.
as far as other advice anything mac says i would pay close attention to.
good luck and welcome.

Controlled labs supps.
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-17-2009, 06:58 PM

Thx for the welcome. Rick I promise you when I'm not taking shameless half naked pics of myself my pants are where they belong haha. And thanks for the link!!

As for genetics, I seem to take strongly after my dad's side. Rail thin until ~mid twenties and then weight suddenly packs on (extremely so with some relatives and not in a good way)

Right now I pretty much just want to gain size. I'll write down everything I eat this week and see where that leaves me. I'm guessing I'm going to have to find a way to shovel more food in my mouth, I'm thinking a second dinner as I have no time during the day.

As for supplements what would you guys recommend? I don't like anything with a lot of caffeine in it, one of the reasons I stopped using NOxplode was i felt like total crap (shaky and nervous) after my workouts when I used it. I already take a multivitamin, but would like suggestions for creatine and anything else (keeping things on the cheap) that will help me put some size on.

Another question, is there any difference in the protein I'd get from a protein shake and that from a weight gainer?
(#7)
Old
Banned
Muscle And Brawn has a spectacular aura about

Default 02-17-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Another question, is there any difference in the protein I'd get from a protein shake and that from a weight gainer?
Generally not...but it depends on the brand. Some have whey, and some not...
(#8)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 02-17-2009, 07:42 PM

If you want a gainer, one of the best ones imo is Universal Nutrition's Real Gains. Also, the price is great. 6.85 lbs for $33.95. That's a lot of shakes! I've taken this stuff I think for more than I year and I still love it. I order both a bucket of vanilla and a bucket of chocolate at the same time and sometimes even mix it. Great stuff!

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/universal/real-gains.htm
(#9)
Old
Banned

Default 02-17-2009, 07:54 PM

Train for size and strength. If you aren't trying to progress every workout in weight, you will be short changing your muscle growth.

Have you ever seen a guy who can bench 400 not look muscular?
(#10)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction
jwood819 has a spectacular aura about

Default 02-17-2009, 08:01 PM

I have to agree with rick he suggested universal nutrition real gains and it tastes great and gave me some awesome results. I have been packing some serious weight on and getting great gains, thanks to these guys and all the help. M and B great point, conclusion, strength equals size.

Welcome to the site, and best of luck to you!!

Work hard, and eat like a machine
(#11)
Old
Banned

Default 02-17-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood819 View Post
M and B great point, conclusion, strength equals size.
Thanks. I am not a believer that they are separate entities. You can train for strength on low calorie diets and minimize muscle.
(#12)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction
jwood819 has a spectacular aura about

Default 02-17-2009, 08:52 PM

I definitely see what you are saying and I agree with it. But the biggest guys in the weightroom are usually also the strongest.
(#13)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-17-2009, 09:56 PM

I personally (for myself anyway) look at strength in 2 ways. How much I'm lifting now as opposed to how much I was x amount of time ago and how much I'm lifting in proportion to my size.

For example the first time I did flat bench dumbell presses I was 160lbs using 40lb weights and that was a struggle for me. Now 10 months later at 163lbs I can do the same excercise using 90lb weights. As far as my personal goals are concerned, I feel that I'm doing ok. I've got bigger friends doing less weight and equal and smaller sized friends doing more, either way it hasn't affected how I see my own progress or affected my personal goals.

Anyways I think it's generally accepted true, bigger muscles are stronger muscles. Could I get stronger and stay the same size? I think so. But I'm looking to get bigger and stronger as a result of that.
(#14)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-05-2009, 07:38 PM

Just a little update here.

It turns out that I work with a serious bodybuilder who's most notable achievements have been winnin Mr. Northeast, CT, Mass, N.J, and USA...he's also a certified personal trainer, and also had surgery in the spring on an elbow injury so he took some time to work with me, nice guy that he is.

March 09' I did a cycle of a H-drol with weight gainer to see what I could gain for weight. I got up to 175lbs and definitely gained some good strength. By the end of my PCT I stopped the weightgainer, hit the protein hard and started a round of creatine and ended up at 165lbs with absolutely no loss in my max weight lifts, just a lost a few reps at higher weight. Here's a pic in taken in late april:

After that I decided to stop taking any supplements at all and give my organs a rest and concentrate on eating well. This really sucked, working an active job means I'm real real tired by the time I hit the gym so I wasn't lifting as heavy as I was before. However between the good diet (despite a healthy amount of beer, wings, and pizza) I think I did pretty good. Dropped down in weight again to 160ish lbs, but I'm currently sitting at 5% bodyfat and starting some new routines to get my mid section into shape. Here's the late July pics:

And since I was bored I photoshopped a couple pics together to shot what progress I've made so far:

I've decided another 2 years or so I'd like to make a try at competative bodybuilding. I like what I've accomplished so far and I think with a few more years I'll be in great shape and hopefully finally gain a bit more weight without all the 'help'.
(#15)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-05-2009, 08:09 PM

Man, I'd say you've done great! If you can bring your chest up to match your guns, you'll really have it going on! Not neglecting the legs are ya? But again, great job!
(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-06-2009, 05:20 PM

Legs are lacking due to knee injury that gets beat to hell at work daily, but a few more months they should be good and caught up. Got any suggestions for chest excercises or diet tips? I've been emphasizing incline exercises to build the upper chest some, flat presses, chest flies, and cable crossovers. And I do absolutely NO cardio, maybe 10 minutes at 3.5mph on the treadmill just to warm up. Getting plenty strong just not big! I'm eating ~six meals a day and some small snacks, still not gaining. I want to stay away from weight gainers as I don't keep that weight on.
(#17)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-06-2009, 05:40 PM

Might as well list my routine and avg daily diet before I go asking for more advice lol.

FOODING:m-f (workweek)
bfast @ 6am: multivitamin, bagel or frozen waffles (i know...), glass of OJ

break @ 9am: chicken/roastbeef/turkey/ham sandwitch on potato bread w/lettuce, 2 slices cheese, lil mayo, 2 peanut butter granola bars, bottle of water

lunch @ 12pm: repeat break add an apple or banana

pre-workout snack @ 4pm: eitehr apple or banana, ~1/2 chicken breast on a slice of bread and some water

post workout/dinner @ ~630pm: protein shake, steak/chicken, either pasta or brown rice, mixed veggies, glass of water, 50% of the time some sort of potato

bedtime snack/guilty pleasure sometime before 10pm: a bowl of shrimp w/brown rice, or coors light and wings/pizza.

sleep i average 6 hours a night.

Workout routine:
Mon: chest and abs
Tues: back and shoulders
Weds: rest
Thurs: arms
Fri: legs and whatever isn't sore that seems fun that day
(#18)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 08-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Can we also see what your chest workout looks like?

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#19)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-08-2009, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Can we also see what your chest workout looks like?
I alternate weekly starting with incline and flat db press, followed by db flies at the same angle.

The incline flies I start at the bottom arms parallel to my shoulder line and bring the weights up and out turning my palms up and together so that my hands are over my waist level with my chin. When I can't rep a whole set I finsigh the set with regular flies, and if my arms give out doing that I'll press the last few reps.

After that straightbar declines. I alternate the ending weekly doing either hammer strength machines or cable crossovers.

Every month I do the whole routine backwards. One thing I think that is definitely holding me back is lately with work and class by the time I'm at the gym I'm lifting alone and thus not doing as much weight as I could. For example db presses on flat bench I have done 100lbs for full sets, could probably do more, but without a lift or spot I'm limited to using 90's. Not that doing that at 6' and 160lbs is bad but I wish I could go real heavy at least every other week.
(#20)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 08-07-2009, 04:05 AM

great transformation