IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page HELP!! JUST STARTING AT 52
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

HELP!! JUST STARTING AT 52
(#1)
Old
Levy11 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to Levy11 Send a message via Skype™ to Levy11
Default HELP!! JUST STARTING AT 52 - 12-18-2014, 08:05 AM

Hi guys I just joined this morning. I'm Not in awful shape but I would like to get some definition in my body and a little weight. I currently weigh about 165 and I'm 5'11". At one time I was just darn fat and in my mind "once fat always fat" so putting on weight is a hard thing now. I'm on disability for PTSD from 9/11 and I also have been HIV+ 23 years. I'm healthy as a horse as both my wife and son can attest to. I just really don't know where to start with a work out program. Can some one help me? I live in Arlington Va right outside Washington DC or give me tips to get started? Help design a program for me? I'll stick to it and do before and after pics. Are there good steroids or is that a bad thing all around? This is not a New years resolution kind of thing at all, ths is just happening because I've been planning on it and it was fate I happened upon your website, so I would appreciate any help from any of you from the great pool of wisdom you all have! Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0190 - Copy.JPG (596.7 KB, 2 views)
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-18-2014, 02:09 PM

Welcome to IPYU! First of all, this stuff isn't easy and takes dedication and persistence. But you can do it!

I can't really address steroids, but that said...you should work your tail off before resorting to them. Squeeze all you can out of your natural gains first! I'd say go at least a minimum of a year or two would even be better before starting something that messes with your hormones.

How many days in the gym per week do you want to go? 4 or 5 is plenty. 3 is still do-able.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#3)
Old
Northal518 is on a distinguished road

Default 01-11-2015, 01:48 PM

I would start with an hour of fairly intense cardio until you get your body fat percentage to about 15-10 percent. Then I would begin lifting with a program someone at the gym could make you.
(#4)
Old
RyanOshun is on a distinguished road

Default 01-23-2015, 02:57 AM

I would def hit cardio when you can, 4 days a week something as simple at 40 min each day before you lift... And a simple "split" for training...

Day 1 - Shoulders / Calves
Day 2 - Legs / Abs
Day 3 - Rest
Day 4 - Chest and Triceps / Calves
Day 5 - Back and Biceps / Abs
Day 6 - Rest
Day 7 - Rest
(#5)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 01-29-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northal518 View Post
I would start with an hour of fairly intense cardio until you get your body fat percentage to about 15-10 percent. Then I would begin lifting with a program someone at the gym could make you.
NO! Cardio after lifting if you are trying to maximize lifts and grow. Putting it at the tail of a full-on beat your body up workout is great for tapping into fat reserves....that is if time allows. Cheers!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

Last edited by RickB; 01-29-2015 at 03:41 PM.