IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page Supplement advice
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

Supplement advice
(#1)
Old
samson22 is on a distinguished road

Question Supplement advice - 02-05-2015, 05:46 AM

Hey guys,

First things first I'm relatively new to this supplement game. A little about me im a 27 year old military guy, 155 pound hard gainer. My weight goes up and down due to tons of cardio. My current base loves to do random 5k's. Anyways, I'm looking to get in better shape, get stronger and be overall healthier. Being in the military of course ppl recommend everything under sun. I'm not looking to have a whole kitchen cabinet full of stuff here. Im just looking for some key supplements to help me improve my overall well being and help me bounce back during those grueling military mandatory "fun day" workouts. I currently workout 6 times a week. Some supplements I'm currently taking are jack3d micro and some gold standard whey. What Im most desperately need advice on is joint supplements. Doctors say I'm developing arthritis in my shoulders. What supplement can I take to help improve that and keep me going? Also I watched the review video on rich piana 5% all day you may supplement. It's seems to offer the most bang for your buck but is it designed mostly for the bodybuilder type or can us average joes use it?

Thanks in advance

-Samson
(#2)
Old
Tanker20 is on a distinguished road

Default 02-09-2015, 04:10 PM

Yea I know wut u mean about the crazy cardio the army does, I'm an 8 year vet, 19K M1A1 Tanker, thank u for ur service. First things first, if ur trying to put on healthy weight u just need to eat eat eat, supps aren't always the best option. U need to eat every 2-3 hours, chicken brown rice, lean steaks, oatmeal eggs, just eat, Ull stay lean n Ull put on muscle. As for joint support I love animal flex seems to work wonders for me. I was medically retired from the army and my body feels amazing on flex. Good luck and stay safe.
(#3)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-09-2015, 04:40 PM

Tanker20 gives pretty good advice, but I'll also add, the best way to grow is to have these key lifts:
Squats
Deadlifts
Bench
Pull-ups

Each of these are compound lifts...meaning they tap into a group of muscles at once and when you tear yourself down doing these lifts, your body will request the nutrients and absorb them better than with other non-compound lifts. It triggers your natural growth hormone by telling your body that it's going to have to get used to this added load. A good quality routine first, rest and diet are a close second.

Some good muti-vitamins are a good start like these:
http://www.illpumpyouup.com/optimum-...n/opti-men.htm

And a good protein like this (for you younger leaner types):
http://www.illpumpyouup.com/cytospor...collegiate.htm

Maybe some BCAA's for recovery:
http://www.illpumpyouup.com/dymatize...mplex-2200.htm

These are good basics for a little help.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#4)
Old
samson22 is on a distinguished road

Default 02-09-2015, 05:27 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I will definitely try some of that animal flex and that muscle milk! Thanks again!

-Samson
(#5)
Old
Tanker20 is on a distinguished road

Default 02-09-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson22 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys. I will definitely try some of that animal flex and that muscle milk! Thanks again!

-Samson
That's wut were here for brotha. What branch r u in?