IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Your Community > I値l Pump You Up Q & A
Reload this Page Need some guidance, can anyone help?
I値l Pump You Up Q & A This special section is dedicated to answering all your questions. Diet, training, supplements, and any other questions will be answered here by our writers and staff at I値lPumpYouUp.com!

(#41)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 08-26-2013, 09:24 AM

Lol, well put my friend. That's not exactly what I meant when I said it's hard, but I can see how it would be misunderstood. We have been doing everything on a budget, and the boss lady does the shopping. I don't always get a chance to get all the good stuff I want to eat, so its either eat some processed food at most once a day, or go without that meal. I'm having a hard time finding the balance is all
(#42)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-26-2013, 09:31 AM

i know how you feel man. and honestly it is better to eat SOOMETHING than nothing.

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
(#43)
Old

Default 08-26-2013, 10:38 AM

Thanks brad, I try so hard. I avoid all the "fat spread" I can, scoop my potatoes before they are demolished with sour cream and things like that. I understand that it's easy for the kids and all that, but seriously...Mac and cheese sucks now :P at least I get my tuna, rolled oats and peanut butter.
(#44)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 08-26-2013, 06:43 PM

I'm going to be anal now. Peanut butter isn't a great choice, its's very high in PUFA's and n6. Foods like these tend to offset your omega 3 and 6 ratios. This comes with a whole array of negative knock on effects to your general health.

No, I am being really anal, don't worry too much, but if you need a good source of fat, it's best to get it from cream. A slug of cream in a protein shake would be perfect.

I'd avoid that junk food meal if you can, unless that woman of yours practically horsewhips you to the table. Eat quality over quantity, you won't melt away not eating for a few hours, it will only benefit you.

Above all, dietary adjustments take time. People know better not to offer me junk food now, it takes them a while to figure out what you are doing.
(#45)
Old

Default 08-28-2013, 08:26 AM

Oddly enough, the junk meals haven't been junk this week. I've noticed that it is slowly falling into place. I guess I can bend a little bit in the house on some regard. I've added a little more dairy into my diet and like I said in my blog, the numbers are showing. I have been going lower carb with adding a carb load day, slightly modified from macs carb load meal suggestions earlier on and it's all kind of working for me.

Haven't got to get a protein shake in the mix yet, but I am getting slight gains that I seem to be seeing anyway. Day 60 is coming up, we will see the pictures to be sure though.
(#46)
Old

Default 08-29-2013, 10:29 AM

So I'm thinking about entering the do you even shred contest, just to help push me along. The supplements they suggest you use, the dymatyze ones. Can you use all three of those together or do you have to pick and choose. Want to make my order next week so if anyone could give me some info on that it would be appreciated.
(#47)
Old

Default 08-29-2013, 03:33 PM

You don't 'need' protein shakes, or any supplements. If you can hit your protein requirements without them, then do.

"The supplements they suggest you use, the dymatyze ones."

Again, don't be duped. Most guys I train with (Myself included) never use supplements. I take high doses of B vitamins, Thiamine, Niacin, Pantohenic acid, etc; but only for the nootropic effects. I don't take them to look good.
(#48)
Old

Default 08-29-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra_training_zy View Post
You don't 'need' protein shakes, or any supplements. If you can hit your protein requirements without them, then do.

"The supplements they suggest you use, the dymatyze ones."

Again, don't be duped. Most guys I train with (Myself included) never use supplements. I take high doses of B vitamins, Thiamine, Niacin, Pantohenic acid, etc; but only for the nootropic effects. I don't take them to look good.
The problem is that I can't hit my protein requirements without eating alot more than what I do to maintain where I'm at now. And as far as the "duped" by supplements situation, I hear what your saying. Thing is I've been trying to get where I want to be without anything I don't get in my diet. I've also done a little bit of reading and found that some of the stuff really does help. I have a friend who guides me from time to time, but he also works on a boat and I can't get ahold of him for weeks at a time, this has actually been the longest I have gone without talking to him in a long time. Thanks for the input, it's def. Under consideration.
(#49)
Old

Default 08-30-2013, 04:22 AM

Just out of interest, how long have you been training?
(#50)
Old

Default 08-30-2013, 07:18 AM

About a year solid, but on and off slightly for a few years. I just recently got serious about it a little over a year ago. And I am in a blur because I find so much information and alot of it seems to contradict itself. Don't eat dairy! Now eat dairy! Don't eat carbs! Ok eat carbs!

I got fat, I mean real fat. Not like honey boo boo (reality tv show) fat but I was disgusted with myself. I struggle with food now and my diet is a battle. So I'm trying to reach out and learn as much as I can. Sorry for the rant
(#51)
Old

Default 08-30-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0yled0tc0m View Post
About a year solid, but on and off slightly for a few years. I just recently got serious about it a little over a year ago. And I am in a blur because I find so much information and alot of it seems to contradict itself. Don't eat dairy! Now eat dairy! Don't eat carbs! Ok eat carbs!

I got fat, I mean real fat. Not like honey boo boo (reality tv show) fat but I was disgusted with myself. I struggle with food now and my diet is a battle. So I'm trying to reach out and learn as much as I can. Sorry for the rant
The parts highlighted and in bold are the reasons why you struggle. I've been in the game seven years solid and am Still learning and developing. I've only been on a low carb/high fat diet for just over a year, I'm constantly learning and digging.

Take it from me, you don't learn a thing reading crap in magazines. All you get is inferiority complex, bullshit unreferenced advice and an empty wallet from all the supplements you felt you needed to buy.

What you need to do is first of all study. Get a basic level of biology down, so you have a better understanding of how the body works. Then experiment with things you want to try, whatever that might be.

It's going to be years of trail and error before you find your sweet spot. No two people are the same, everything you have read up to this point is a generalisation and I bet my last shirt button that what you think you have to do, just simply doesn't apply to your body and your circumstances.

RickB for example. Go back a couple of years and ask him what he thinks of veganisum. He'll laugh at you. Now check RickB's latest thread.

There is no cookie cutter plan here. Only what feels right for you; and what feels right now, may not feel right a year from now, so always be open minded.
(#52)
Old

Default 08-30-2013, 12:39 PM

Thanks alot man, that was well put and easy to understand. I will def. Take your advice and do alot more reading. I also will make sure not to believe the magazines 100%.

I have noticed that some parts of the body respond different than others do to the workouts I do, and I'm not disappointed with my results thus far, I just wish they were better. I have always been that way, doesn't mean I will give up. Thanks again for the advice, I think I've got what I need.
(#53)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 08-30-2013, 03:40 PM

Wouldn't be a bad idea to add some lean meat to your diet.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#54)
Old

Default 08-30-2013, 05:48 PM

Been trying to, the lady won't let me cook fish in the house. I eat 90/10 meat and alot of chicken. Any suggestions on anything else?
(#55)
Old

Default 08-30-2013, 06:32 PM

Organ meats are brilliant, if you get on with the taste and texture (I personally prefer organ meats to any other; so much flavour in chicken hearts).

Roasting joints are excellent too. Brisket, silverside, topside, rib, pork belly, turkey leg etc... I slow roast a brisket and just let it sit in it's juices and carve it off when required. A good size joint, cooked and stored well, can last days.

Personally; and this is me personally, I'd only eat 'lean' meats, on a day where I plan to eat carbs and keep fats low. Otherwise it's bacon and eggs all the way.
The Following User Says Thank You to cra_training_zy For This Useful Post:
c0yled0tc0m (09-03-2013)
(#56)
Old

Default 09-03-2013, 09:35 AM

I hear you there, and honestly the organ meats is going to be something I work myself up to. But I'm down to take in some knowledge, that's for sure. I have been trying to figure out what works for a diet for me for a while now, and I'm at somewhat of a plateau. I had some good numbers last week but they haven't changed and I'm looking for the bodyfat % to go down visibly and it's at a super slow crawl if it's moving at all. Discouraging but not a deal breaker.
(#57)
Old

Default 09-03-2013, 09:36 AM

I hear you there, and honestly the organ meats is going to be something I work myself up to. But I'm down to take in some knowledge, that's for sure. I have been trying to figure out what works for a diet for me for a while now, and I'm at somewhat of a plateau. I had some good numbers last week but they haven't changed and I'm looking for the bodyfat % to go down visibly and it's at a super slow crawl if it's moving at all. Discouraging but not a deal breaker.
(#58)
Old
Northal518 is on a distinguished road

Default 01-11-2015, 01:45 PM

I would get some good whey protein isolate for after your workout. P90X is a very intense exercise program and you need to replenish all of the muscles you tear during that workout.