IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Female Training and Nutrition Forum
Reload this Page Weight loss help
Female Training and Nutrition Forum Forum dedicated to female training and nutrition. Discuss exercises, weight loss, supplements, nutrition, and staying in shape.

Weight loss help
(#1)
Old
devidmike is on a distinguished road

Default Weight loss help - 06-03-2009, 06:30 AM

I'm 5'4" and 149 lbs. I want to lose 10-15 lbs in the next 3 months. My diet is good (no fast food, lots of water, etc.) But just for a guideline, about how many calories should I be getting per day to reach this goal?

Exercise is the main part I need help with. I can't get a gym membership right now, or buy any expensive equipment, so that's not an option. So basically I have running, basketball, biking, jump roping, and other stuff like that available. How much of each of those specific activates should I do to burn a good amount of fat each day?

Last edited by devidmike; 06-11-2009 at 06:04 PM.
(#2)
Old
tom is on a distinguished road

Default 06-03-2009, 08:20 AM

i think the average calories for femal is 1500 a day ?? 2000 for men
ive just started a new diet today eat 200 calories so far
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 06-03-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devidmike View Post
I'm 5'4" and 149 lbs. I want to lose 10-15 lbs in the next 3 months. My diet is good (no fast food, lots of water, etc.) But just for a guideline, about how many calories should I be getting per day to reach this goal?

Exercise is the main part I need help with. I can't get a gym membership right now, or buy any expensive equipment, so that's not an option. So basically I have running, basketball, biking, jump roping, and other stuff like that available. How much of each of those specific activates should I do to burn a good amount of fat each day?
any idea of your body fat? and how active are you throughout the day?(job/exercise/recreational)
(#4)
Old
michelleturner is on a distinguished road

Default 06-07-2009, 06:28 AM

Yeah, everybody says 45 mins a day, but I mean how many miles running/biking, how many jumps with a jumprope, etc. I want to get a specific number.

And like I said, I can't really afford to buy stuff like adjustable weights now, so what is a good weight of dumbells I can start off with.
(#5)
Old
tom is on a distinguished road

Default 06-07-2009, 08:16 AM

if you are just starting i would jog 3 times a week its the best way to lose weight i personaly think i lost 1 stone in a month when i started boxing we do alot of running
but dont strain yourself you will have your limit it might be 1 mile per time but trust me if you stick to it youll be jogging 10 miles in no time
improves fitness loses weight
what more could you ask for
skipping is very good
i would say start off 10 mins ish ?? if you can =] just work your body as much as you can without straining yourself at all beacuse we dont want any injuries do we know i personally think street running is alot better than running on a treadmill aswell so if i was you i would be street running , uphill sprints
1 of the 1s we do at boxing is a hill sprint then at the top 10-20 pressups and back down repeated 6 times
its a workout in its self

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/
to calculate your bodyfat
(#6)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 06-07-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleturner View Post
Yeah, everybody says 45 mins a day, but I mean how many miles running/biking, how many jumps with a jumprope, etc. I want to get a specific number.

And like I said, I can't really afford to buy stuff like adjustable weights now, so what is a good weight of dumbells I can start off with.
Telling you an exact amount of laps or jumps isn't really good advice, the amount of calories one person burns compared to another while doing something varies.

45 minutes a day is a lot if your just starting out. But if your already pulling it off and not getting burnt out then by all means continue with that.
How many days a week are you getting this in?

If your low on money I would pass on the buying weights at this point. Do some body weight exercises (pushups,pullups,crunches,dips,lunges) and if your set on lifting stuff just grab objects that are nearby and work with them.

...Also 10-15 pounds in three months is a lot of fat to burn on just exercise alone, you should get a good diet laid out as well.
(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
SouthernIllinois has a spectacular aura about

Default 02-01-2011, 12:55 PM

dead thread!

(#8)
Old
premierfitness is on a distinguished road

Default 09-05-2011, 02:09 PM

When I am training I like to start the first week by running five times a day for at least minutes. Then I decrease the day to 3 days a week for 45 minutes.
(#9)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 09-06-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by premierfitness View Post
When I am training I like to start the first week by running five times a day for at least minutes. Then I decrease the day to 3 days a week for 45 minutes.
You should try to throw sprints in the mix.

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#10)
Old
AalaMargaret is on a distinguished road

Default 10-04-2012, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
i think the average calories for femal is 1500 a day ?? 2000 for men
ive just started a new diet today eat 200 calories so far
Weight Loss Resources has all the tools you need to calorie count for weight loss. Including online calorie and nutrition databases, with information for UK and USA foods. Try it free, there's no obligation and you'll learn a lot in a short session.
(#11)
Old
RWL is on a distinguished road

Default 12-28-2014, 09:25 AM

Yeah I would say between 45 and 60 min/ day. You don't want to do too much more than that because you increase the risk of both injury and over exertion significantly.