IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Prohormones
Reload this Page Cycle Support and PCT: quick info
Prohormones Get the scoop on how to properly stack specific prohormones, post cycle therapies and possible side effects.

Cycle Support and PCT: quick info
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default Cycle Support and PCT: quick info - 11-23-2011, 01:38 PM

Support supplements and PCT
This is not legal or medical advice. This is simply a short list of information that can be found on the web in many places. Don't take this as being 100% accurate or as any sort of advice. I'm merely reproducing things seen on the web, do with this information as you will at your own risk. I'm not suggesting you do any of this.
Support Supplements

Why do I need to take support supplements?
Prohormones and Designer Steroids stress your body for a number of reasons in a number of ways. The point of support supplementation is to sometimes mitigate but mostly to minimize or even prevent side effects caused by using these compounds.

What side effects?
Side effects vary from person to person and different compounds will have different side effects. It's worth noting however, that some users may experience no side effects with a compound while others will have many, and the severity of which can vary too. Here's a short list of possible side effects:
  • Gynecamastia
  • Elevated Blood Pressure
  • Back and shin pumps
  • Bad (higher) cholesterol
  • Liver toxicity
  • Incresed libido/descreased libido
  • Acne
  • Hair loss/hair growth
  • Dry joints (joint discomfort)
  • Lethargy
  • Incresed agression

What support supplements should I take?
The short answer is it really depends on the compound you are taking. Generally, the all in one procuts like CEL Cycle Assist are great. With the more mild compounds, an all in one solution will be all you need. Other's however, may require additional support products, most often for liver support. Also more experienced users know how their body is going to react. For example if you are prone to gyno, you might want to run an AI while on cycle or as part of your PCT.

The most important thing to do is to be prepared. Most support supplements are inexepnsive and getting a few extra things before your cycle is a good idea, better safe than sorry.

DO YOUR RESEARCH!! I cannot stress this enough. Some supplements simply don't work or have no scientific proof they do. Don't get caught up in the advertising. Read reviews, logs, look for bloodwork tests etc. There's tons of info on this stuff out on the web so I won't list what supplement to take for what side effect, do the research!

Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)
Once you complete a cycle of a prohormone/designer steroid, you're endocrine system will be stressed. Your blood pressure may be out of whack, your hormone levels will be out of their normal values, blood lipids and liver values might be all over the place. However, if you did your homework and took the right supplements to support your body on cycle, you won't be in bad shape.

The human body is an amazing machine. It will recover. How it recovers is up to you. If you took no actions and did nothing for PCT, you'd be putting your body on a rollercoaster ride. You may or may not lose the gains in muscle and strength, and possibly stress your body out more than you have, but it will eventually recover.

The point of PCT is getting your body back to a healthy norm as quickly and safely as possible. There are a variety of ways to go about this, and the choice is in the end up to you on which way you go about it.

At the heart of every PCT, your primary goal is to get your hormonal system back up and running. PH's and DS's have to potential to shut you down (stop your body from making testosterone naturally). This can leave your body with zero testosterone and a ton of estrogen, which if you happen to be a guy, is very very bad.
Ok, so what should I take?
The choice is up to you. Over the counter type drugs might work for a mild compound, but if you are in fact shut down, they might not be be strong enough to bring your hormone levels back to where they need to be quick enough. What you could then use is a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator). These drugs will help get your body producing testosterone while controlling estrogen (basically).

The problem here, is these drugs require a prescription to get. However, they can be found as a research chemical (for use in your science experiements on your lab rats). The most commong SERMS are clomifen, toremifene, and tamoxifen (commonly referred to as Clomid, Torem, and Nolvadex). These drugs pose their own side effects, so research them carefully. I'd say the most commonly used is tamoxifen citrate.
What about an AI? (Aromatase Inhibitor)
Again, the choice is going to be up to you. There are over the counter versions as well as pharmaceutical grade options. You may benefit from their use or you may not. Some will run these compounds on cycle to manage gyno, others will use it as the base of their PCT instead of a SERM, while others will use it alongside a SERM. Again, there are risks to using these drugs, most notably delayed onset of gynocamastia (which is often debated whether or not the AI is the cause). Dosing and use again, will be based on the research that you do, there is no be-all guide for this stuff.
What are the most common PCT stacks?
By and large PCT stacks contain the same few types of drugs. The most commonly used and what are often considered the "base" of a PCT are a SERM and a testosterone booster (DAA: D Aspartic Acid test boosters are very popular). Sometimes AI's are added to the end of PCT and tapered off. Non hormonal supplements are often used too, such as creatine.
-------------------------------------------

So hopefully this will help get you pointed in the right direction to start your own research. While I could have been more specific on some things and elaborated on others, I'm of the opinion if you're too lazy to really do your own homework, you shouldn't be using steroids in the first place. If you do have questions on anything feel free to PM me, I'll be more than happy to discuss this stuff or offer up links/sources for further reading.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."

Last edited by ouija; 11-23-2011 at 01:43 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ouija For This Useful Post:
barrymanilow (03-11-2014), WILL_I_AM (09-08-2014)
(#2)
Old
barrymanilow is on a distinguished road

Default 03-11-2014, 07:25 PM

You really know prohormones. Great post.
(#3)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-18-2014, 09:29 AM

great post! used to love pros

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com