IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Prohormones
Reload this Page Should I Use Prohormones by Ouija
Prohormones Get the scoop on how to properly stack specific prohormones, post cycle therapies and possible side effects.

Should I Use Prohormones by Ouija
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default Should I Use Prohormones by Ouija - 11-12-2011, 11:24 AM

None of this is medical advice. You should consult a doctor before using any steroid. The choice is ultimately yours. I’m writing this purely as a way to consolidate some basic information that can be found in numerous places on the web or in print.

You should really not consider the use of prohormones until you have at least a year of serious training and dieting under your belt, and are no longer making notable gains after having tried supplements like creatine, test boosters, diet and training alterations.

What is a prohormone?

A prohormone is a precursor to a hormone, meaning that the body will convert a prohormone into an active hormone (steroid). However, many prohormones do not convert into active steroids at a high rate yet are still very effective, lending to the conclusion that many such compounds are active in their own right. For this reason prohormones are often referred to as Designer Steroids*, and for all realistic purposes, that’s essentially what these compounds are.

Reasons not to use prohormones.

Anyone under 21 should not consider using prohormones.
Women should not use prohormones.
Anyone with heart, blood pressure, cholesterol or liver problems should not use prohormones.
Anyone using prescription or non prescription medications (even your basic painkillers) should not use prohormones, if you still want to you should talk to your doctor.
Anyone who plans to consume alcohol, in any quanity, should not use prohormones.
If you are a casual gym patron (if you consider yourself to look average and not like a meat head), you should not use prohormones.
If you don’t count calories and have no idea what diet macros are, you should not use prohormones.
If you don’t know what HTPA refers to, or lipid values, you should definitely not use prohormones.

Things you should know before using prohormones.
You should know that you are using steroids. The legality of prohormone sales/use does not change this.
You should know what PCT stands for, how to run it, and why.
You should know what a SERM is and where you can get one.
You should understand what gynecamastia is.
You should know what anabolic to androgenic ratio means, and of what consequence it is.
You should know what supplements to take for to support your kidneys, joints, liver, and blood pressure.

Note*
Designer Steroids do not work the same as prohormones on a technical level. A PH has to convert, a DS does not. So why are both terms often interchanged? I blame marketing. Most retailers won't market something as a "designer steroid" when they can use the term "prohormone". But regardless of the chemical interactions of these compounds, the effects on the body and results are similar if not the same to that of a steroid.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."

Last edited by ouija; 11-12-2011 at 11:34 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ouija For This Useful Post:
barrymanilow (03-11-2014), danielc (01-23-2014)
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-12-2011, 11:34 AM

Anything is missed you think should be in here let me know, also any further questions post em.

I'm gonna try to work on a PCT thread soon.

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-12-2011, 06:56 PM

Holy crap! Nice work brother...I wish people would read more and understand more b4 they take all this crap on the market. I see and hear guys all the time talking about what they are going to take and blah blah blah but they really have no idea what the sup even does...great read dude

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#4)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 11-12-2011, 10:28 PM

This is an amazing thread OJ! Maybe we can get a sticky on this

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#5)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 11-14-2011, 07:46 AM

stuck!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#6)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 11-14-2011, 02:16 PM

Good post.
Yeah HUGE misunderstanding about Prohormones and Designer Steriods.
Big difference.
And YES, they are steriods they are currently legal in oral form.

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#7)
Old
hihello2012 is on a distinguished road

Default 03-28-2012, 09:31 AM

if only i was 21 ;(
(#8)
Old
stevexxx4 is on a distinguished road

Location: Currently living in the United Kingdom, but will hopefully move one day to the USA - having spent the last 6 out of 10 months there.
Default 06-05-2012, 05:35 PM

So let me get this right a prohormone such as Testabolan or Double dragon SOS 500 is a anabolic steriod with the same potential damaging effects on the liver, and am I to assume you would fail a drug test while using above me mentioned products in competitions
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 06-06-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevexxx4 View Post
So let me get this right a prohormone such as Testabolan or Double dragon SOS 500 is a anabolic steriod with the same potential damaging effects on the liver, and am I to assume you would fail a drug test while using above me mentioned products in competitions
Yup.

(#10)
Old
barrymanilow is on a distinguished road

Default 03-11-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Anything is missed you think should be in here let me know, also any further questions post em.

I'm gonna try to work on a PCT thread soon.

What are your thoughts on estrogen blockers?