IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Prohormones
Reload this Page Interesting research I stumbled upon
Prohormones Get the scoop on how to properly stack specific prohormones, post cycle therapies and possible side effects.

Interesting research I stumbled upon
(#1)
Old
danielc is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to danielc Send a message via Skype™ to danielc
Default Interesting research I stumbled upon - 01-20-2014, 09:40 PM

"Prohormone supplement 3b-hydroxy-5a-androst-1-en-17-one enhances resistance training gains but impairs user health.
Purpose: Prohormone supplements(PS) are recognized not to impart anabolic or ergogenic effects in men, but the research supporting these conclusions is dated. The Anabolic Steroid Control Act was amended in 2004; the viability of PS have not been evaluated since that time. Methods:17 resistance-trained males(231yrs; 13.11.5% body fat) were randomly assigned to receive either 330mg/d 3b-hydroxy-5a-androst-1-en-17-one(PROHORMONE; n=9) or sugar(PLACEBO; n=8) p.o. and complete a 4 week(16 session) structured resistance-training program. Body composition, muscular strength, circulating lipids, and markers of liver and kidney dysfunction were assessed at study onset and termination. Results:PROHORMONE increased lean body mass by 6.31.2%, decreased fat body mass by 24.67.1%, and increased their back squat 1-RM and competition total by 14.31.5% and 12.81.1%; respectively. These improvements exceeded(p<0.05) PLACEBO, who increased lean body mass by 0.50.8%, reduced fat body mass by 9.53.6%, and increased back squat 1-RM and competition total by 5.71.7% and 5.91.7%; respectively. PROHORMONE also experienced multiple adverse effects. These included a 38.74.0% reduction in HDL (p<0.01), a 32.815.05% elevation in LDL (p<0.01), and elevations of 120.022.6% and 77.412.0% in LDL/HDL and C/HDL; respectively(both p<0.01). PROHORMONE also exhibited elevations in serum creatinine (19.64.3%;p<0.01) and AST(113.861.1%;p=0.05), as well as reductions in serum albumin (5.11.9%;p=0.04), ALP(16.44.7%;p=0.04), and GFR(18.03.3%;p=0.04). None of these values changed(all p>0.05) in PLACEBO. Conclusion:The oral PS 3b-hydroxy-5a-androst-1-en-17-one improves body composition and muscular strength. However, these changes come at a significant cost. Cardiovascular health and liver function are particularly compromised. Given these findings, we feel the harm associated with this particular PS outweighs any potential benefit."

Source: NCIB

What are your thoughts on this research?
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 01-21-2014, 05:29 PM

I think this is the same exact post as the other thread.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#3)
Old

Default 01-21-2014, 07:18 PM

you're probably right but I was just sharing what I just recently discovered. what are your thoughts on this research? have you tried ph yourself?
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-22-2014, 03:59 PM

From the other thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
I think 1-DHEA in a significant dose would obviously have the same effects (poor cholesterol values, kidney stress, reduced bodyfat, strength gains) of all testosterone steroids...

I also think the cost of using 1-DHEA at an effective dose is high and doesn't make much sense..

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#5)
Old

Default 01-23-2014, 03:40 AM

but anabolic steroids are illegal.
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-24-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielc View Post
but anabolic steroids are illegal.
Not all of them.

(#7)
Old

Default 01-24-2014, 06:08 PM

most of them are