IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page PaPaw's Blog...
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

(#801)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 12-10-2010, 03:43 PM

Good to see ya back in action, just don't rush anything. Taking things a little easier now could save you a lot down the road.
(#802)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 12-10-2010, 07:45 PM

Great to hear from you Gerbilo! I'm not really trying to push it, I take note how my body feels while I'm doing anything for now. I had therapy today and he said that he wanted me to start wearing a support belt when I walk or stand or sit for long periods of time (or as my daughter said all the time). I had a good nights sleep last night. The first time I slept all night (with the exception of having to "go" in the middle of the night). But I felt alot more rested.
(#803)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 12-11-2010, 10:14 AM

good to hear papaw.atleast she didnt call it a "man girdle".lol.is your son still there,did you guys get to do some stuff together.

Controlled labs supps.
(#804)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-11-2010, 03:59 PM

Did you know you can put one of those belts on upside down. I found that out this morning. I also popped something around my rib. I am hoping that I can ride this weekend through and tell the dr Monday. Man, I'm on a roll here. Pain, pain, pain. I think I'm about to run out of weakness to leave my body.
No, my son's back over there. There was so much to do and people to see we didn't get to have any one on one till we took his son back to his school. We got to have a good talk then.
I can't wait till we can go fishing or hunting or something. I think this summer we're gona try and find a way to visit him and do a but load of fishing, and that's alot. haha
You know, I know that something could happen to him over here, ie; car wreck, etc. but there's something about your kid being in another country in harms way that make's you worry more. Crazy huh.

Last edited by PAPAW; 12-11-2010 at 04:42 PM.
(#805)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-12-2010, 12:58 PM

No, that's not crazy at all Papaw about worrying over your son. Life in general makes me worry as we give Adam more and more freedom. He's had a few set backs as far as earning our trust, but basically he's a good boy.

Glad to hear you finally got some quality sleep! Also good you got some time with your son! I'll bet you are a great Dad! Did you know you are my adopted Papaw?

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

It is an honor
(#806)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default It is an honor - 12-12-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
No, that's not crazy at all Papaw about worrying over your son. Life in general makes me worry as we give Adam more and more freedom. He's had a few set backs as far as earning our trust, but basically he's a good boy.

Glad to hear you finally got some quality sleep! Also good you got some time with your son! I'll bet you are a great Dad! Did you know you are my adopted Papaw?
It's hard to release and give them that freedom, you raise them till finally they get to where they can do things that we've been doing for them all their lives and suddenly they can do it themselves. All you can do is be there for them when they do need you. Our daughter and our grandson is living with us, because she needed a little help. It's ok, sometimes we get to where we need her help too.
I appreciate what you said about me being a great Dad; I have worked to provide for the family ( and bill collectors ). I love my family and would do anything for them, just as I know that you would do for your family. Just from reading your posts, your involved with your friends and family and your successful in whatever you take on.
I consider it an honor to be your adopted Papaw!
(#807)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-14-2010, 08:30 PM

Well I'm sitting here with my fingers crossed hoping that the exercise I did tonight won't bite me in the rear. I did 20 minutes on the eliptical on very low setting and almost to slow for the machine to power up. It kept telling me to speed up. After doing that I did 10 minutes on the treadmill. Actually I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my back. Not hurting so far. Praying that I did a good thing.
(#808)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-14-2010, 10:32 PM

Probably even if you are a little sore (if it's not too-too bad) then you probably still did good.

Also thanks for the kind words above Papaw!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#809)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 12-15-2010, 02:02 AM

How is the pain going on a normal daily basis? Maybe just some brisk walking would be good, get some fresh air.

Hearing you talk about your family really makes me idolize you papaw! Not getting too personal but I never had a father, mother is an addict, and basically was street raised with no family; your posting really makes me feel that you are a gift to your family and everyone around you. Your grade A in my eyes papaw!
Anytime
(#810)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default Anytime - 12-15-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Probably even if you are a little sore (if it's not too-too bad) then you probably still did good.

Also thanks for the kind words above Papaw!
I felt pretty good this morning Rick, just a little tingling which is just inflamation that will go away sooner or later.
As for the words, you deserve them.
Your the man
(#811)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default Your the man - 12-15-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
How is the pain going on a normal daily basis? Maybe just some brisk walking would be good, get some fresh air.

Hearing you talk about your family really makes me idolize you papaw! Not getting too personal but I never had a father, mother is an addict, and basically was street raised with no family; your posting really makes me feel that you are a gift to your family and everyone around you. Your grade A in my eyes papaw!

The pain is almost non existant, it's just the rib that gives me greif. Ibuprofin is my fondest buddy.
I appreciate your kindness. I feel priviledged to know you, even if its from a computer. I am a lucky man to be amongst people like yourself, you've done good inspite the circumstances. This site has been a moral booster and the support and knowledge you bring here is vital to the rest of us. I hope that if you ever have a question that I could be of some help in any way I can. (iced tea's)

Last edited by PAPAW; 12-15-2010 at 09:34 AM.
(#812)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-16-2010, 04:53 PM

I was reading the thread by Mac about cardio and I have a question. If I continue to do some cardio at a pace that is acceptable to my body is that going to make it easier when I get back to faster pace and longer times ? Right now I'm at a 1.7 to 2.0 pace on the fat burner setting. Just curious.
(#813)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-17-2010, 02:28 PM

Well I had therapy today and the Doc said that next week we'll start working on getting the muscles around the injured area stronger and start leading back to the weight room.
YAHOOOO!!!
(#814)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 12-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
Well I had therapy today and the Doc said that next week we'll start working on getting the muscles around the injured area stronger and start leading back to the weight room.
YAHOOOO!!!
Congratulations!

Do work!
(#815)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-17-2010, 02:51 PM

Thanks j1r, I'm sitting here about to go nuts (not literally) because I can't workout.
(#816)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 12-17-2010, 03:39 PM

Good to hear Paw, you're on your way!!
(#817)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 12-17-2010, 05:00 PM

Thanks Gerbilo, one step at a time, I'm finding out that trying to hurry it slows things down because I tweak something.
(#818)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 12-18-2010, 12:26 AM

Gettig closer for sure!! I agree about taking recoverly slowly.

I thought I responded to your cardio question, maybe my phone errored and didn't post it.
Either way, yeah I would do whatever little movements you can do without putting your rib in danger.
Maybe some brisk walking everyday? Keep up your activity level, good for the waist and the heart bud
(#819)
Old
...has GOT Strong!

Anabolic Addiction
getstrong is a jewel in the rough

Default 12-18-2010, 01:55 PM

PaPaw, glad to read your healing from the injury. Being the WARRIOR you are, it never concerns me that you will become lazy with your training and set goals to only reset them later due to laziness. You are a true inspiration PAPAW!! Glad you are on the site here my friend. Much love to your Family, wishing all the safety to your son! I can tell that you are what being a FATHER is all about. GREAT JOB in all you do!!
Going to start the cardio Monday
(#820)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default Going to start the cardio Monday - 12-18-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
Gettig closer for sure!! I agree about taking recoverly slowly.

I thought I responded to your cardio question, maybe my phone errored and didn't post it.
Either way, yeah I would do whatever little movements you can do without putting your rib in danger.
Maybe some brisk walking everyday? Keep up your activity level, good for the waist and the heart bud
Thanks Kris, looks like I'm gona start the treadmill and the eliptical (maybe)