IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page PaPaw's Blog...
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

(#561)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 09-03-2010, 08:49 AM

Look'in good Dude. You are leaning out and arms look bigger WAY TO GO. Just got through pounding the treadmill time for oats and protien.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.

Last edited by kickboy; 09-03-2010 at 11:02 AM.
(#562)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 09-03-2010, 10:40 AM

Thanks Kick, I have been trying to workout smart so that my muscles have time to rest before I work those muscles again. I've been reading a few of the guys threads trying to smarten up. Thanks for the compliment. I haven't seen any update photos of you how's it goin ?
(#563)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.T. Neal View Post
Looked it up, it's Zercher squats, its where you hold the bar in front of you in the crook of your arms and squat, you can also do good mornings like that. Take's the load off your spine and changes the center of gravity some. Sometimes I'll put the tricep rope around my neck, get my arms under the bar then grab the rope, it helps me hold the bar up.
Yeah, I can see how the rope would come in handy. Thanks for the information.
(#564)
Old
naug44 has a spectacular aura about

Default 09-04-2010, 03:22 PM

All your hard work is showing PAPAW. The pictures look great. I love doing squats but my knees don’t like them much, so I only do them once a month. The other workouts are loaded with leg presses, but they are no substitute for squats. IMO
(#565)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-04-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naug44 View Post
All your hard work is showing PAPAW. The pictures look great. I love doing squats but my knees donít like them much, so I only do them once a month. The other workouts are loaded with leg presses, but they are no substitute for squats. IMO
Sorry to hear about the knees, I know how you feel, I had a left knee reconstructed a few years ago. It's in good shape, but not as strong as the right knee, and after being a runner for a few years, well need I say more.
I take ya'lls advice and take it as it comes. The thought of being in a wheel chair gives me the shivers.
(#566)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-07-2010, 08:06 AM

I think I would have been better off to go to work and then work out yesterday. It started off at 6:00 am. I had to load up the pickup and that took all of 30 minutes. Had to load tiller by hand no one there to help. Lumber, guns, etc. to go to the lease and get trails cleaned up, that was mowing, trimming limbs and trees out of the trail. We had two dead trees fall across the trail. My brother, a Baptist minister, bought breakfast at... you got it McDonalds, so I took a few bites of the sausage and bisquit. I use to love sausage and bisquit. What happened to the wonderful taste. We busted hump getting all the grass mowed, feeders filled. I forgot the boards to fix the platform on my stand so I'll have to go back down there to do that. My brother bought us lunch (at 3:00 pm, the last time I looked at my watch it was 12:33) this is a little town with one resturant. The closest thing to my diet was a B.L.T. with onion rings. Of course I was starving so down it went and 3 glasses of tea. I had some carbs and sugar in me so I was ready to go. When they hit I was like a new man. I could tell the difference between working out and not working out. It's like night and day. I looked over at my brother and I thought he was going to have a stroke. Why is it grown men can't understand sit down and rest. He's 3 years older than me. He's a great guy, we're getting closer as life goes on. His son was there and he brought the big mower and a mule (side by side 4 wheeler) . I did alot of arm movement. All in all we had a great time.
I just have to get back on the diet. I saw 4 doe on the way home, man they looked good.
Hope all went well with all of you.
(#567)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 09-07-2010, 09:40 AM

Sounds like fun PaPaw, and I feel you on the sausage biscuit. When I started doing all day trips with the off road group diet became an issue. They are not real big on eating healthy but since they know me from the gym we started working on eating healthy when we ride. This is going to carry over into hunting season too.
I always take a big ice chest full of bottled water. In the stand I will use my camel pak hydration system just like on the bike. Back up will be nutrition bars but I rather have a peanut butter sandwich with some protein or a turkey sandwich. Iíve been using these sandwich round things. 100 calories for 2 slices 17g whole wheat
carb 21g
protein 4g
sugar 3g
They hold up good in a zip lock bag in the cooler too.
I pack my protein dry in a shaker cup and just add a bottle of water when Iím ready to drink it. Rinse the cup and wash it as soon as you can, I store them in the cooler to keep the smell down until I can wash them at home.
Planning is key and if your friends are like mine they plan on subway but I just canít make it on 3 meals a day anymore than I can find the meat on a subway sandwich, so I got to plan.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#568)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-07-2010, 10:56 AM

WO, I haven't thought the meal thing while I'm at deer camp. Thanks for the wakeup. Baggies for protein drink, second meal has been egg whites so I'll need to find a substitute there, maybe instant oatmeal, lunch, no problem, afternoon, tuna in a can. evening meal is going to be tough. We all put our stuff together and eat . I'll be missing workouts too. Maybe it will give my body time to recouperate. Then the Monday after BAMO super workouts.
BEFORE AND AFTER
(#569)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default BEFORE AND AFTER - 09-07-2010, 12:21 PM

BEFORE AND AFTER
Anybody that believes they can't lose weight; I felt the same way. But with a little help from my friends it was done.
(#570)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 09-07-2010, 03:12 PM

Rockin' Papaw. I mentioned your success when I was talking to my dad the other day. He is trying to lose weight and has done a good job so far(60lbs I think he said), but has hit a plateau. I told him that it is definitely possible, but he has to change up his diet even more. He is stubborn and likes his junk food haha.

You keep up the good work though!
(#571)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 09-07-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post

Here's some updated photos, no legs yet thus the pants. I weigh 180 in these photos.
That's awesome progress Papaw!!!! Great job! You're starting to show much more definition!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#572)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-07-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbilo View Post
Rockin' Papaw. I mentioned your success when I was talking to my dad the other day. He is trying to lose weight and has done a good job so far(60lbs I think he said), but has hit a plateau. I told him that it is definitely possible, but he has to change up his diet even more. He is stubborn and likes his junk food haha.

You keep up the good work though!
I gotta watch myself; it's too easy to slip back into the bad habit of eating wrong. Tell your dad congratulations and he's done a great job for me. My hat's off to him. He's lost twice what I have. Good luck with helping your dad.
(#573)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-07-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
That's awesome progress Papaw!!!! Great job! You're starting to show much more definition!
If you look reeeeaaaallll close you can start to see the 6pak.haha
I can't believe it, I think I'm gona have to get more mirrors. haha
You have been a friend. We've never talked except on the website, but I consider you a friend. You care about people and try to give them the tools to change themselves. I never dreamed it would work this well.
(#574)
Old
...has GOT Strong!

Anabolic Addiction
getstrong is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-07-2010, 07:31 PM

RickB's a truly solid person!! PaPaw, you are putting in work Bro! Keep rollin my man!!!
(#575)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-07-2010, 08:14 PM

Your absolutly right Getstrong. I owe Rick a great debt. He's been a good friend.
I appreciate your support GS. When I go workout, I workout mostly by myself. My son comes when he can. If it wasn't for my son and you guys, I wouldn't have much of a reason to workout.
(#576)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 09-07-2010, 08:23 PM

damn papaw!! that transformation picture really shows your work!! congrats on all your hard work and the path youve chosen for yourself
THANKS
(#577)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default THANKS - 09-07-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
damn papaw!! that transformation picture really shows your work!! congrats on all your hard work and the path youve chosen for yourself

THANKS KRIS, I appreciate the good words, I've been able to get this far due to all the help from you guys. I just hope that I'll be able to make ya'll proud next year. It's my intention to compete next year.
(#578)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-07-2010, 08:33 PM

Workout went well tonight.
I started out on the smith machine because the benches were all taken
The bar x 10
90 x 10 x 4
Incline db bench
50 x 5 x 4 thumbs in
50 x 5 x 4 thumbs toward my head
Flat bench the same as incline bench
Tricep db thumbs down
30 x 10 x 4
EZ bar curls
40x 10 x 3
45 x 5
Hammer strength
110 x 10
180 x 10 x 4
Hanging leg raisers (abs)
4 sets of 20

Last edited by PAPAW; 09-07-2010 at 08:42 PM. Reason: forgot to add the weight of the bar on the ez bar curls
(#579)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 09-07-2010, 09:33 PM

Hell yeah Johnny, leaning down nicely!

(#580)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 09-07-2010, 09:51 PM

Thanks for the complement, I still struggle from time to time with urges to eat the wrong stuff.
Now if I can get some muscles on I'll be all good.
I can't believe I still have so much to lose still. I've been as low as 130 lbs but that was before I was married 36 years ago. Makes me go hmmmm. Haha