IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > NFL Talk
Reload this Page Burress's bail set @ $100K
NFL Talk This is the place to talk smack about your favorite team, or badmouth your most hated teams. Also, we will be putting the fantasy football thread in here as well.

Burress's bail set @ $100K
(#1)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default Burress's bail set @ $100K - 12-01-2008, 05:47 PM

How dumb can you be?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

By COLLEEN LONG, Associated Press Writer 20 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP)—Taken to court in handcuffs, Plaxico Burress posted $100,000 bail on weapons possession charges Monday as a frenzy grew around the case of the Giants star receiver who accidentally shot himself in a nightclub.
Authorities said teammate Antonio Pierce was being investigated over his role in the shooting, while the Super Bowl-champion Giants weren’t sure what action they would take against Burress. The NFL said it was monitoring developments. Mayor Michael Bloomberg also weighed in, saying it would be an outrage “if we didn’t prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.”
Burress shot himself in the right thigh in the VIP section of the Latin Quarter nightclub in Manhattan about 1 a.m. Saturday, police said. He did not have a permit to carry a handgun in New York.
A witness reported hearing a popping sound before Burress’ legs began to shake, according to a criminal complaint. It said the person saw a bloody pistol fall out of his pant leg and land on the floor before Burress said “Take me to a hospital.”

It’s believed Pierce took Burress to the car and then left with him, according to police. Burress was treated at New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center and released later Saturday.
Burress was charged with two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, which could result in a prison sentence of at least 3 1/2 years in prison. He was not required to enter a plea Monday and is due back in court on March 31. Burress did not say anything in court
“He is standing tall. He is a mature adult,” said Benjamin Brafman, his defense lawyer. “I think any professional athlete in this situation would be concerned.”
He said Burress is feeling OK. “If they let him play, he will be able to play. … I think he will be a superstar for the rest of his career.”
Originally, police had said that running back Derrick Ward was with Burress and Pierce at the club, relying on information given to them from security guards at the bar. But police said later that it was unclear if Ward was at the club, and the running back denied that he was.

Last edited by RickB; 12-01-2008 at 08:00 PM.
(#2)
Old
Banned
Muscle And Brawn has a spectacular aura about

Default 12-01-2008, 05:54 PM

It sounds like the mayor of NY is going to make sure he sits in jail.
(#3)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default 12-01-2008, 06:07 PM

I hope they make an example of him, and I hope he gets kicked out of the NFL. He's been nothing but problems since he signed his $35 million contract (with a garunteed $11 million). I hate this guy.
(#4)
Old
Banned
Muscle And Brawn has a spectacular aura about

Default 12-01-2008, 06:13 PM

I'm tired of diva athletes in general.
(#5)
Old
Hill30008 is on a distinguished road

Default 12-01-2008, 07:56 PM

I wonder who's gonna be pitching, him or Vick?! stupid assholes
(#6)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Default 12-01-2008, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill30008 View Post
I wonder who's gonna be pitching, him or Vick?! stupid assholes
I think Vick would be the man in that scenario. He was the one calling the shot when he played ball...lol...
(#7)
Old
Hill30008 is on a distinguished road

Default 12-01-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihero View Post
I think Vick would be the man in that scenario. He was the one calling the shot when he played ball...lol...
(#8)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-01-2008, 10:11 PM

Holy crap does his agent, Drew Rosenhaus talk like a used car salesman!!! Pitiful!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#9)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction
jwood819 has a spectacular aura about

Default 12-01-2008, 10:36 PM

I think Drew Rosenhaus should be eliminated from the NFL all he does is represent problem players and feed their egos, he is all about protecting the divas!!!
(#10)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 12-02-2008, 06:46 PM

funny, as I'm typing this the news is on and mentioned that the Giants suspended him for 4 games.

If convicted, his violation comes with a required minimum 3.5 sentence -- but wasn't Vick supposed to serve 2 or 2.5 years? And he's out. Burress will be out in time for next season

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#11)
Old
Banned

Default 12-02-2008, 06:52 PM

Burress won't even do any time. The only question is what team will take him for next year.
(#12)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 12-07-2008, 05:00 AM

any team under .500

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!