IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > NFL Talk
Reload this Page Michael Vick Conditionally Re-instated to NFL
NFL Talk This is the place to talk smack about your favorite team, or badmouth your most hated teams. Also, we will be putting the fantasy football thread in here as well.

Michael Vick Conditionally Re-instated to NFL
(#1)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default Michael Vick Conditionally Re-instated to NFL - 07-27-2009, 03:14 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

whats your take on this?
(#2)
Old
indianballer will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to indianballer
Default 07-30-2009, 05:26 PM

I agree with T.O...2 years in federal prison seems to fit the crime..he's paid his debt and done his time. I don't think an extra 3-4 games is quite fair. I know he lied to the commisioner and everything but I think he should be able to play right away. That being said I would love to have him on the Rams, but I think he'll end up in San Francisco or Seattle...and Oakland is always a possibility I suppose.
(#3)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 07-30-2009, 05:40 PM

I think Vick got burned by the media. I do not condone his behavior but the price he paid for the crimes he was convicted of are above and beyond the normal sentence. I watched a case where several Doctors and Lawyers in a small town in North Carolina got busted for dog fighting; they were also in passion of drugs that would improve performance in dogs, hormones and amphetamine. They were each fined and a small number of their dogs were seized but that was it. The fines were like 1-2 thousand bucks.

Iím not defending Vick but I feel his NFL celebrity increased his punishment tremendously.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.