IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page UFC 100
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

UFC 100
(#1)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default UFC 100 - 07-12-2009, 06:31 AM

Brock
GSP
Dan Henderson

Way to go guys, i liked every fight. Brock is no poster boy but he is the CHAMP. Last week Frank Mir said he was a better boxer and that 99 times out of 100 he would knock Lesner out. Well last night must have been that 1 out of 100. Do you think Frank Mir wants back in the cage with Lesner another 99 times?
Last week Frank talked so much junk about the abilities of Lesner that Brock got up and stormed out of the interview slamming the door as he left. I think he finished the interview last night.

Was glad to see Dan do so well too, this was the first top fighter Bisping has been in the cage with and it was a wake up call for him, and yes i was sick of his trash talk too.

GSP just continues to domanate way to go GSP.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.

Last edited by kickboy; 07-12-2009 at 06:38 AM.
(#2)
Old
luctor et emergo is on a distinguished road

Default 07-12-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
Brock
GSP
Dan Henderson

Way to go guys, i liked every fight. Brock is no poster boy but he is the CHAMP. Last week Frank Mir said he was a better boxer and that 99 times out of 100 he would knock Lesner out. Well last night must have been that 1 out of 100. Do you think Frank Mir wants back in the cage with Lesner another 99 times?
Last week Frank talked so much junk about the abilities of Lesner that Brock got up and stormed out of the interview slamming the door as he left. I think he finished the interview last night.

Was glad to see Dan do so well too, this was the first top fighter Bisping has been in the cage with and it was a wake up call for him, and yes i was sick of his trash talk too.

GSP just continues to domanate way to go GSP.
I was 5 for 5 in my picks man. GSP was probably the most predictable fight though. He did exactly what I thought he would do, just kept it on the ground and Thiago had no answer for the ground game. Every time they got back to their feet he had this look like "I have to knock this guy out" he looked out of his league honestly, but for a guy who doesn't have great ground game, he didn't make a lot of mistakes and avoided being submitted. It was kinda crazy because when Alves would get back to his feet, you could tell he wanted to just unload on GSP but was holding back because of GSP's amazing take downs. It's like all his strengths were nullified for the entire fight. He will be a force to reckon with but for now, GSP remains the cream of the crop and is pound for pound the best fighter in my opinion. GSP v. Silva...it's gotta happen.

I loved the Hendo knockout, just a beautiful right cross and the second shot was the exclamation point! I loved it. It reminded me of playing UFC: Undisputed on my PS3 when the ref stops the fight and you just keep hitting your opponent while he is unconscious. lol Brock Lesnar completely dismantled Mir and it wasn't even close. I knew, when I saw how tight Brock was keeping it on the ground that Mir was gonna have to really pull a rabbit out his hat. Brock looked better and more technically sound. He wasn't sloppy and wasn't trying to finish the fight with a flurry of punches like in the first fight. He was more calm and controlled. But the post fight commentary was awesome. He definitely shut Mir up and I don't think Mir will be in any hurry to fight him again. I actually like Mir but man, he was due for an ass whoopin. Aint nothing wrong with talking shit, long as you back it up...just ask Bisping. The other fight that I liked was the last fight of the night between Fitch and Thiago, it was a good fight that involved some nice take downs. Fitch is a good fighter but being in the same weight class as GSP is gonna cut his career short. Unless GSP moves up, then the welterweight class becomes wide open!

Eat what they won't, train like they don't and be what they aren't. Stay Focused! -C. Chavez
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 07-12-2009, 02:35 PM

it went just as i thought it would. even more entertaining than i thought it would be.

im glad henderson beat bisping, america...fuck yeah
(#4)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 07-12-2009, 04:44 PM

I second that ^^

Lesnar is just a beast.

(#5)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 07-13-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
I second that ^^

Lesnar is just a beast.
hell yeah.

man, i cant imagine the silly huge contract dana is going to offer fedor after his affliction contract is over (last fight is next month) for sure it is going to be so generous fedor wont be able to turn it down.
after that its on like diddy kong racing 64
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 07-13-2009, 04:26 PM

WAR HENDO!!!!!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.