IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page kimbo..kimbo...kimbo..............
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

(#21)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 10-08-2008, 12:49 PM

the only thing i dont like is the reporters saying stuff like this was the biggest upset in mma history.kimbo was out for a payday and he got it. who knows what next and frankly i dont care. there saying he would of beat shamrock. who knows shamrock was a great fighter but he has come out of retiremnt way to may times and ruined a reputation that was worth something.elite pinned all their dreams on a backyard brawler and in the end it bit them.

Controlled labs supps.
(#22)
Old
aceaspades is on a distinguished road

Default 10-10-2008, 01:44 AM

he was knocked out. when he came to he shot on the officials legs cause he thought he was still fighting.

Last edited by aceaspades; 10-10-2008 at 01:52 AM.
(#23)
Old
mercen77 is on a distinguished road

Default 10-13-2008, 04:47 PM

First kimbo losing was NOT an upset but more of we all knew it was gonna happen. But elitexc made kimbo out to be this unstopable top HW, when in fact he is a street fighter and nothing more, and not that good of one either. I think kimbo and elite xc are bad for mma, specially when elitexc pays seth to standup instead of take him down, figuring kimbo would beat him at standup. I laughed soooo hard when kimbo got hit with the weak jab and put him on the mat and then got pounded and lost, was funny to see kimbo trying to take the ref down after lol. Kimbo will not beat any decent MMA fighter of his weight class or LHW, hell lets say even a WW, or BJ. Now i know kimbo is new to mma and he does have some respect for the other fighters, so of course hes not gonna be that good, but Kimbo has been put on this high pedistool but he should be at the very bottom, so that is why kimbo has sooooo many haters, kimbo and elitexc are making a mockery of MMA i hope they go out of business very soon. I dont think kimbo will ever beat any b or a lev mma fighter, hes a c at best. Now he could pull a serra, lol but thats something anyone could do, but the fact is kimbo has not beaten anyone thats not a can, his cardio sucks, ground game non exsistant, standup is OK, his chin is very questionable now.
(#24)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 10-15-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercen77 View Post
specially when elitexc pays seth to standup instead of take him down, figuring kimbo would beat him at standup.
ellitexc is under review by the florida athletic commission for that exact reason. if they find proof that EXC did pay seth to stand up..... then they are gonna be knee deep in lawsuits and WAY out of business.

Dana white said it himself that if people in las vegas are betting lots of money on this fight, they should know that EXC is paying seth extra to stand up and punch with kimbo (which completly changes the odds of the fight). so by doing this dana thinks that the fbi is going to jump in an really lay the fraud-hammer on EXC.
saw somthing similar
(#25)
Old
JT-Turner will become famous soon enough

Default saw somthing similar - 10-22-2008, 11:21 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2VwnBU1-iU

Sometimes it is hard to find the forest for all the trees.

Never take diet advice from a fat man.
(#26)
Old
tom is on a distinguished road

Default 08-03-2009, 04:16 PM

i personaly think
kimbo has no skill
hes a born street fighter not a ufc,mma fighter he hasnt got the skill or flexability
(#27)
Old
saeko nogami is on a distinguished road

Default 08-14-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
i personaly think
kimbo has no skill
hes a born street fighter not a ufc,mma fighter he hasnt got the skill or flexability
i agree i saw a video of him training with bill goldberg. He' s pretty strong and tough but lacks the technical skills and finesse.
(#28)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-14-2009, 10:51 AM

Well we'll see how he does on TUF. I heard that some info about what happened to him leaked.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#29)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 08-14-2009, 11:47 AM

Kimbo does have some tools, he is a Bad Ass. Let him work his way up on the UF and we will see. If he gets with the right trainers he could really improve. But as stated before he is not main event material right now, just an exciting brawler.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#30)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 08-14-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy1982 View Post
Well we'll see how he does on TUF. I heard that some info about what happened to him leaked.
Me too, i heard that they finished shooting the season a while back and during a recent interview kimbo said that 'it didnt go too well'
(#31)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 09-30-2009, 01:03 PM

tonight on spike TV Kimbo vs Big Country. For free tv this should be a good fight. No prety boys in this fight just to big guys who like to fight. Get the pop corn ready!!

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#32)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 09-30-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
tonight on spike TV Kimbo vs Big Country. For free tv this should be a good fight. No prety boys in this fight just to big guys who like to fight. Get the pop corn ready!!
Thanks for the heads-up on that!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#33)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-30-2009, 02:46 PM

War Kimbo!!

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#34)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-30-2009, 02:59 PM

Sweet, MMA hasn't been playing as much the last month or so as it did all summer.

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#35)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 09-30-2009, 04:20 PM

not getting the new tuf here in the uk.not to happy bout it.

Controlled labs supps.
(#36)
Old
AA EFX

Default 09-30-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
You guy's have Bisbing you think it would be on all the time.

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

(#37)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 09-30-2009, 05:13 PM

UFC ON SPIKE!!!! LOL

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#38)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 09-30-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
I'll let you know what goes down, but it will be flavored with a dose of my opinion. LOL

On a serious note the guy "Big Country" has been the champ in some company IFL I think, so he is no stranger to compitition. He is more of a tough man type, large and out of shape looking but he can really go and "in the past" has had a tough chin. Kimbo is strong and a bit slow himself but I hope to see them stand in the middle of the ring and slug it out. The cool thing is that is the type of fight they both seem to like.

(#39)
Old
AA EFX

Default 09-30-2009, 06:45 PM

I just seen it's not on till 10pm here, i'm loaded on pain killers and muscle relaxers (back issues) I'll be in bed soon.

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

(#40)
Old
BigFiveFive has a spectacular aura about

Default 09-30-2009, 08:33 PM

LETS GOOOOOOOOO KIMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!