IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Sports Training, MMA & Boxing
Reload this Page UFC vs. World’s Strongest Man fight?
Sports Training, MMA & Boxing This section includes discussions on how you train for your sport of choice and also any form of hand to hand combat, everything from kickboxing, karate, martial arts, grappling, ultimate and no holds barred contact.

(#1)
Old
Scott is on a distinguished road

Default 04-22-2006, 10:38 AM

Who do you guy's think would win in a UFC match between a UFC fighter and a Strongman. I would think the UFC fighter would win. If this was to ever happen who would you guys like to see in this type of match?????

I think if you were to put Marius Pudzianowski in the octagan with someone, I think he could win because he is really athletic and he has a martial arts and boxing background.

What are your opinions?
(#2)
Old
thatdude is on a distinguished road

Default 04-22-2006, 12:07 PM

of course that ufc fighter there is no exercise to fix a glass jaw
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-22-2006, 05:43 PM

the ufc fighter would demolish the strong guy, strength only does so much for you in a fight.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#4)
Old
Grand Puba is on a distinguished road

Default 04-24-2006, 10:37 AM

Dido on Troy1982's comments.
(#5)
Old
Vladdy is on a distinguished road

Default 04-24-2006, 10:50 AM

I heard of a story of Gil Castillo (171lbs ultimate fighter) fighting a 260lbs line backer from the cowboys for a demonstration. Gil choked him out seven different times. It was no contest. Those guys are who make it to the UFC are very skilled, the training is everything. Ala what Troy said
(#6)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 04-24-2006, 01:46 PM

If you love your St. Bernard or Great Dane “don’t leave him in the pin with a pit bull”.
KICKBOY

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#7)
Old
smpthy4tdvl is on a distinguished road

Default 05-09-2006, 06:11 PM

Depends on the fighter. In the begining I'd say the strongman would have a very good chance. In a fight between say Tank Abbot and Marius. I'd definitely bet against Tank. Now alot of the guys are better trained. Of course you always had Royce Gracie and noone has figured out how to beat him. Hell Kimo became famous just for losing to him. I really think it depends on the match up. Of course now with the weight classes it wouldn't be so lopsided as it was in the begining. You can thank Senator McCain for that.
(#8)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 05-10-2006, 09:08 AM

You have a great point; I remember in the early days of MMA you would have big “tough” guys with few skills going up against smaller opponents who were very skilled. In the end the tough guy would tap but it made for some ugly fights that were not in my opinion respectful of the athletes.
There have been many changes and I think we see a much higher level competition today. I think it is cool that no one person really dominates and it is very competitive.
I got to thinking about my earlier post and well I was WRONG. I don’t think skill is the only thing that matters. I want to go on record to say. Size and strength are a major advantage and anyone who overlooks that is mistaken.
I am a fair fighter (for my size) I train hard, have a good teacher and love the sport. I was watching a friend at the gym lift the other day and I am always amazed to just watch him lift. His power is (to me unreal), I am faster, more skilled at striking and grappling, but I don’t think I would stand a chance against this man. The only hope would be a knock out and he doesn’t look easy to knock out to me.
I correct myself; size does matter especially when it is paired with power lifting strength. KICKBOY

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#9)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 05-10-2006, 09:11 AM

This is me at 162lbs.

(#10)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 05-10-2006, 09:24 AM

This is the friend from the gym. He weighs 3 something. I will be the first to say "size and strength do matter". Watching Mike lift the other day made me rethink this post. KICKBOY

(#11)
Old

Default 05-10-2006, 06:57 PM

Kickboy

After looking at the pics I think I wouldrather fight your friend than you.I am assuming that you friend is mainly a powerlifter and does not train as a fighter. With that assumption in place let me say that usually bigger guys, especially lifters, have a hard time translating that strength into something that can hurt someone. They are usually not very fast and lets face it if a punch isn't fast it isn't hard. Also, I would guess your friend could fight hard for no longer than a minute before he was out of gas. In a brawl who knows, maybe he could just grab someone by the skull and bash it into the ground. But larger guys are not without their weaknesses.
(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 05-11-2006, 05:42 AM

Do not put out us bigger and stronger guys. We like you smaller guys see size as an advantage or disadvantage. Looking at a big guy most would think they would just merely want to grapple with you.

Not tooting my own horn , and this is something I never divulged to you Kickboy, I am a black belt in Shotokan. Of course that does not mean anything per say. It does however give false perception when someone wants to fight me. Believe me I have been in more real fights than most of you and some of you know why I have. Being a police officer I did it every day,for the most part.

What I am trying to say it that strength plus that type of training makes a deadly combination. I was fortunate enough to already have martial art training when I was young and the only reason my father taught me and then enrolled me in extra classes was for the discipline of it and flexibility for football and lifting. I was then selected at my police department since I had martial arts background to then take an extensive class in PPCT which most of you know is Pressure Points and Control Tactics. Which this is used so all of that training does not just Mamie or kill someone. It teaches restraint and control.

Lastly I am not trying to start an argument here but merely stating that most of you younger guys just think that an experienced fighter in the ring will have no problem going up against a heavier weight class. Believe me if they know that opponent is twice their size and also an experienced fighter they always think first.

Don't count us big guys out. We have learned not to count the smaller guys out the same should count for the other.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#13)
Old

Default 05-11-2006, 05:47 AM

Can't argue with that
(#14)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 05-11-2006, 01:17 PM

RoaringMadMac makes a good point.
The size of his arms legs and neck would make it difficult or impossible to control him. Plus he could pick up my whole body with one arm and sling me around. I have seen him bench over 700 pounds and if he got my skull between his hands it might be lights out. KICKBOY

(#15)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 05-13-2006, 07:52 AM

final decision: UFC fighter...

-though I would think it unwise to assume an opponent was slow due to size. I've seen some BIG boys move with a quickness when their ass was on the line. And- I don't care who says what - it's *hard* to unbalance a conditioned opponent twice your size. You've definitely got to posses some skill. (I often get all amped up watching UFC and pounce on my boyfriend, who'sgot 85lb on my 115. It's about a 35-65 split on wins, {{me-him, that is...}}The only way I ever get him to tap is by getting a good hold on him.I've had plentythose times where I get full of myself and try to steamroll him... and everytime Iget scraped off the floor.)
(#16)
Old

Default 05-13-2006, 05:05 PM

How come i can't meet a girl like that?!
(#17)
Old
n2jss is on a distinguished road

Send a message via Yahoo to n2jss
Default 05-14-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpthy4tdvl
How come i can't meet a girl like that?!

LOL! No kidding. Where are they all at?
(#18)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 05-15-2006, 06:07 AM

At the gym, trying to gain a little muscle and strength so they don't get their ass handed to them again!

(Also: Careful what you wish for - from what I hear, *I* get too rough when we're sparring and goofing off (?!?), more trouble than I'm worth, and just a handful in general.)

KICKBOY: That guy's quads are massive!! (up-to-spec with the rest of him, though!) Someone his size with that kind of strength would prove to be quite a challenge for most.

(#19)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 05-15-2006, 08:22 AM

I need to get a picture of us in the same shot to be able to see how much taller and larger he is. Then his size is only part of it, he holds several NC state records for power lifting.
So his strength is uncommon even among the power lifters. He has 12-15 years in a field that requires self defense too.
I am going to post some video of Royce Gracie on another topic, if you have time check it out. KICKBOY

(#20)
Old

Default 05-15-2006, 08:54 AM

Here's something I'm gonna throw out there for you bigger guys. Royce Gracie is the person I regard as to best MMA ever. This might change in his bout against Matt Hughes but for now he's undefeated in UFC fighting. Can anyone namechampion fighterover 250lbs.From what I've seen once a guy gets over about 230 their weight works against them. Prove me wrong.

Leigh I gotta see what you look like.