IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Teen Bodybuilding
Reload this Page College Workout Log
Teen Bodybuilding Forum dedicated to teen bodybuilders. Get the foundation right and discuss issues related to young bodybuilders and how to get started the right way.

(#21)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 04-01-2011, 12:03 AM

I worked out on Wednesday. I don't really have much to say about it. As long as I was there, that's what needed to happen. I just need that extra motivation to be there and my friend is that motivation. I just followed along with what he did. His workout is pretty solid but some things I don't agree with. We did 30 minutes of cardio and machines for upper body. Bench Press, Curls, Pull Down Bar, and a machine for an ab workout. I woke up so sore today. It felt so good when I was doing it. I didn't push myself to match my friends weight that he was using because he's been back in the gym for a couple of weeks. It's hard being sore and being in a musical where there's some heavy choreography. My whole body is sore but mostly my arms. Hopefully it goes away soon. I didn't work out today because I was so sore. Sorry this isn't much of a logged workout but just wanted to update you all on how things are going. I think I'm going to start Mac's workout next week.

Do work!
(#22)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-01-2011, 08:23 AM

Well, like you said...you got in there and it needed to happen. Good for you for going! Just keep it up and the rest will fall in place.

What's your height and current weight?

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#23)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 04-01-2011, 09:10 AM

even on those days when your really sore you need to get in there and do something light. The movement alone helps warm up your muscles.

Believe me now that I'm cycling I have to put the stationary to what mimics the real bike and my legs are sore everyday now but after a few minutes pedaling That blood gets in and loosens up my body and I can perform better.

If you take off like that the least you should do is cardio and get a good sweat so you can then stretch good.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#24)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-01-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
even on those days when your really sore you need to get in there and do something light. The movement alone helps warm up your muscles.

Believe me now that I'm cycling I have to put the stationary to what mimics the real bike and my legs are sore everyday now but after a few minutes pedaling That blood gets in and loosens up my body and I can perform better.

If you take off like that the least you should do is cardio and get a good sweat so you can then stretch good.
It's not my legs though. My legs can pretty much take anything since I've done Cross Country for three years. It's my upper body that is horribly sore. Today is worse than yesterday. I have to watch myself because I'm working out and dancing for rehearsal. My arms are so sore that I can't lift them straight up without pain. My chest is also as sore as yesterday.

Do work!
(#25)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 04-01-2011, 07:23 PM

You'll get past it. I just went thru something similar. I had stopped lifting for a few weeks when I started my new job, then when I got back into it, even with that short time off, everything was sore again. Fortunately it didn't stop me from doing anything at work, but I'm sure I was making some funny faces at times haha.
(#26)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbilo View Post
You'll get past it. I just went thru something similar. I had stopped lifting for a few weeks when I started my new job, then when I got back into it, even with that short time off, everything was sore again. Fortunately it didn't stop me from doing anything at work, but I'm sure I was making some funny faces at times haha.
I know it'll pass. I just hope soon. You just feel like an old man because you can't do anything without hurting.

Is there anyway to speed up the amount of time you're sore?

Do work!
(#27)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-03-2011, 03:20 PM

I am still a little bit sore in the shoulders but everything else is good to go. Ready to bring it in my workout tomorrow!

Do work!
(#28)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-21-2011, 01:34 PM

Update:
I took a little break from working out because of classes and the musical. I started back up this week. I worked out Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday was a 30 minutes run and upper body (shoulders, chest, biceps, abs). Wednesday was a 30 minute run and abs. I wanted to just run on Wednesday for 45 minutes but I was fatigued enough at 30 minutes. My workout buddy does legs and runs on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I felt bad but I told him that I don't run and do legs in the same workout. I'm taking off today to recover and because he can't workout today. My chest is a little bit sore but overall I'm feeling good.

I'll be back home for Easter weekend so I'll get a good workout with the free weights there.

My goal is to finish up the school year (3 more weeks) working out with my friend and doing what my friend's routine yet sticking with what I've been told on this forum. During the summer, I'll get into the workout that Mac posted for me. We both have different approaches to working out and personally I've gained a lot of information from this forum so I do know more about working out than he does but I'm not going to force him to do it my way.

Do work!
(#29)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Sounds good j1! Just get the workouts in, you can never be too busy for a 30-60 min investment in your health.
It's good to have that partner, just hold eachother accountable and get the workouts in!
(#30)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-21-2011, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetiredkris View Post
Sounds good j1! Just get the workouts in, you can never be too busy for a 30-60 min investment in your health.
It's good to have that partner, just hold eachother accountable and get the workouts in!
The workout partner is there to force me to workout. I know I want to do it and I enjoy it but if it was just for me, I would just make excuses and not do it. If I know someone is counting on me to do something or be somewhere, I make it a majority. It's just getting there that's the struggle but now that I have a workout partner, it's no problem. There are days that I don't feel like working out but once you get in their and get going, it's all worth it and you just take it in.

Do work!
(#31)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 04-30-2011, 05:28 PM

I worked out Friday afternoon with my friend Phil. It was an enjoyable and productive workout. Cardio for a half hour and an upper body workout.

I'm sorry my log isn't as precise as it should be. Having it be precise shows you where you're going wrong and what to fix or to tell you that you're on the right track. Right now I'm just pushing myself in every workout to go a little bit farther. The weight doesn't matter to me at this point. I'm going to be more precise about everything this summer when I have more time to focus on it.

Do work!
(#32)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 04-30-2011, 07:56 PM

Keep up the good work man!!! thats all that counts. Numbers do help track progress, but as long as you are eating good, and trying hard, you got this!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#33)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 05-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Yeah, don't get caught up in the details j. Just get in there consistently and put effort in, that's all you need.
(#34)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 05-02-2011, 09:08 AM

IMO if your in there bustin your ass you can only be getting better..Dont sweat the small stuff. KEEP PUSHING!!!

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#35)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 05-03-2011, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it.

Do work!
May 9, 2011
(#36)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default May 9, 2011 - 05-09-2011, 05:26 PM

I worked out upper body today. I also saw my friend in the gym. We're on a finals schedule so we hadn't talked about working out this week. I feel really good right now after having worked out. I could tell you the last time I felt this good.

I was thinking about this as I was working out: How much cardio is too much? On the workout Mac had given me, I was doing 45 minutes of cardio. Currently I'm doing 30 minutes but I usually run 2.25 miles in the 30 minutes. Is that okay? Doing Cross Country for three years of my life has made me a good runner. When it comes to cardio, should I push myself or just keep it consistent? I know too much cardio will burn muscle.

Do work!