IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Over Age 35 Bodybuilders
Reload this Page New (sort of) to the Forum
Over Age 35 Bodybuilders A forum for those over the age of 35.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
New (sort of) to the Forum
(#1)
Old
ChrisO is on a distinguished road

Default New (sort of) to the Forum - 07-15-2011, 01:01 PM

I joined a little while ago, but I'm just starting with the whole posting thing...my workout partner is FearnonebutOne and he posts our workout logs so we're pretty easy to keep track of. My biggest question is this:
I took several years away from lifting/training for various reasons, but since I have started back my muscles seems to take much longer to recover. Is this simply an age thing or is it coupled with the time away? I'll be 44 in a few days, and carry a higher body at percentage than I'd care to admit. I'm monitoring my diet and have been back in the gym for about 8 weeks now. Any help or suggestions from you other "old guys" will be greatly appreciated!