IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Open Chat
Reload this Page Your Thoughts On Gay Marriage?
Open Chat Discuss anything here.

(#81)
Old
thedunhill225 is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb 01-04-2012, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1r!!! View Post
Coming from the other side of this, most people are willing to accept me as a person but not homosexuality as a whole and that's fine. What matters most is that your friends still love you and care about you even after you come out to them. For a gay guy, it's so freeing to break down that wall, that secret, with other people and it opens them up to be who they are which causes the friendship to grow and better itself. There is a huge weight being lifted off of a gay guy when they come out to a friend and that friend accepts them.

I don't think it's so much Jesus and the 12 disciples. Jesus never had sex with anyone while He was on earth. There's nothing going on there; just going around doing ministry. Some people believe that David and Jonathan had a homosexual relationship.
Bro I'm going to tell you something and I just ask you to think about it in regards to other examples and you may see what I'm saying. I'll even start with one of the other examples. I've tended bar for almost two decades and seen how people act to peoples faces and behind their backs....and realize that booze is really a truth drug.... When I have seen the redneck racists that have come in and a black or Spanish guy they "know" comes in they will act like he is a "good expletive" but the fact is when they leave he is still nothing but an explative to them. They may watch what they say a little but will often still use SOME racist remarks and say "I'm not talking about black guys like you..." But in reality he is. If someone you know is a homophobe or uses anti gay words and language just understand they think you are a "nice fag" but a tag none the less. Please understand I am using that word only for emphasis. They may be treating you ok to your face but they don't consider you normal or their equal. I wish it was not true....but from my experiences and what I have seen let me just say I have never met a person that was prejudice "part time"...they may ACT it but the are full time bigots. Sorry.
(#82)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 01-04-2012, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedunhill225 View Post
Bro I'm going to tell you something and I just ask you to think about it in regards to other examples and you may see what I'm saying. I'll even start with one of the other examples. I've tended bar for almost two decades and seen how people act to peoples faces and behind their backs....and realize that booze is really a truth drug.... When I have seen the redneck racists that have come in and a black or Spanish guy they "know" comes in they will act like he is a "good expletive" but the fact is when they leave he is still nothing but an explative to them. They may watch what they say a little but will often still use SOME racist remarks and say "I'm not talking about black guys like you..." But in reality he is. If someone you know is a homophobe or uses anti gay words and language just understand they think you are a "nice fag" but a tag none the less. Please understand I am using that word only for emphasis. They may be treating you ok to your face but they don't consider you normal or their equal. I wish it was not true....but from my experiences and what I have seen let me just say I have never met a person that was prejudice "part time"...they may ACT it but the are full time bigots. Sorry.
I hope your not solely referring to redneck racists as the only ones out there that are racists to gay people and other ethnic groups because we all know racism has no color barrier . I have seen black, asian,spanish and just about every other ethnic group be racist.

I'm getting tired of the redneck people getting the brunt of the bad race card. We have come a long way in our society to making all people equal but there is always that thing that white southern boys are racisits bigots and just plain stupid people . This is just as bad in my eyes as all the name calling that goes on.

Jet on the flip side I do understand that most racist actions in the united states have been by these white boys but look to other countries and you will see the flip side of all this as well.

sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt is a false statement. Words do hurt and they are loaded weapons. They define us a people.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#83)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 01-04-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Well that's ALMOST right. According to the bible there is a special place in hell for pedophiles, child abusers, etc ...

"The deepest depths of hell is reserved for those who hurt Gods innocent children".

But also remember that the bible does not give heaven and hell as the only options.... The bible is clear in many places that the soul can 'perish' or die.
A special place for real bad people interesting.
Read the parable of the wedding banquet Matthew 22.

For many are invited, but few are chosen.

If you study Revelation notice that Heaven has specific size, but the lake of fire has plenty of room.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#84)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 01-04-2012, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
A special place for real bad people interesting.
Read the parable of the wedding banquet Matthew 22.

For many are invited, but few are chosen.

If you study Revelation notice that Heaven has specific size, but the lake of fire has plenty of room.

Sorry I just realized I'm wayyyy off topic I'll shut up now.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#85)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 01-04-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
This opinion is one of the classics.... It seems like you are saying you dont like that, in your opinion, gay people act like flamers and want everyone to know they are gay.... Am I wrong here or is that what you are saying?

There is one BIG problem with that concept or thought process....MOST GAY PEOPLE YOU MEET YOU DON'T KNOW ARE GAY! What? Yup... Because a minority is out there and vocal does not change that you have friends, relatives and co-workers that are GAY and you have no idea that they are. Think about it, there ARE people you are close to that are gay but hide who they are from you because they understand how you feel. If that's true (and it is) how does that make you feel? That you have now and have had people in your life that are afraid and unable to open up to you, to be honest with you. People that YOU CAN DEPEND ON BUT THAT CAN NOT DEPEND ON YOU. Doesn't that make you feel bad? Feel selfish? Doesn't that just feel WRONG to you? People that you have talked to when you were sad or angry or hurt or lonely and they tried to help you even though they knew they could not do the same with you.
I only keep a few close friends and none of them are gay, I promise. But no it wouldn't make me feel bad. I had a cousin come out recently (college), and while I haven't seen this kid since he was maybe 5 of 6, my feeling is if he was so afraid to come out that's his problem, cuz everyone else seems to be getting along just fine without knowing. If he was embarrassed about who he is, why the hell is he going around parading about being proud of it now? I'm all set with the show, thanks.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#86)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-04-2012, 04:42 PM

And Omaha...where do I start.

Social acceptability in society is based on shared opinions. This simple fact is what brings groups of people together on one of the most basic levels. It IS the right of the MAJORITY to declare what is and is not immoral in the society of which they are a part. I don't care if you liken it to "mob rule". In a purely analytical view on social politics, more=might=right.

African Americans needn't choose their color. The real fact of the matter is amongst warring tribes, the ones that won sold those who lost to slavery all over the world. There were no white guys with butterfly nets chasing African villagers across the plains and into the jungles.

Religion is a social custom, I don't see why people can't see that. As such the level of what is acceptable and what isn't is prone to change with the demographic of followers. Right now the majority is still against. Because you or I may disagree with them, does not make them wrong. What you're implying is like saying democrats are right in calling republicans wrong...neither side is "right" except to those who subscribe to either side's ideology.

And I'm not saying they don't deserve the same civil rights, but I don't need their culture to be shoved in my face. If I prefer to remain indifferent and that is my right, being harassed for exercising that right becomes tiring. I don't need the after school specials, sitcoms, news stories based on two dudes kissing on a plane. I simply don't care and like many will never care, stop telling me I'm wrong cuz I won't wave a rainbow flag on Saturday afternoon. I don't announce I like women, why should I have to embrace a guy who announces a love for tube steak? Live and let live, who you bone after the bar Friday night shouldn't be a big deal or an identity crisis. What's done in private should stay there.

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#87)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-04-2012, 04:44 PM

Oh, and gaydar is real. If gay guys can pick up on other gay guys and which ones are straight, why wouldn't I also be able tell the difference?

(#88)
Old

Default 01-04-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouija View Post
Oh, and gaydar is real. If gay guys can pick up on other gay guys and which ones are straight, why wouldn't I also be able tell the difference?
Lol... You seem to be stuck on this idea that gays are all out there and in your face...you are so wrong it ain't funny. You have gay family members that you dont know are gay, gay co-workers that you don't know are gay, gay friends that you don't know are gay. You can be in denial all you want and think "not my friends" and that's fine....denial ain't just a river....all gays ain't femmes man...there are gays you come in contact with all the time that you have no clue that their gay. Most gays DON'T throw it in your face....most would like to not have to hide who they are though.
(#89)
Old

Default 01-04-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
I hope your not solely referring to redneck racists as the only ones out there that are racists to gay people and other ethnic groups because we all know racism has no color barrier . I have seen black, asian,spanish and just about every other ethnic group be racist.

I'm getting tired of the redneck people getting the brunt of the bad race card. We have come a long way in our society to making all people equal but there is always that thing that white southern boys are racisits bigots and just plain stupid people . This is just as bad in my eyes as all the name calling that goes on.

Jet on the flip side I do understand that most racist actions in the united states have been by these white boys but look to other countries and you will see the flip side of all this as well.

sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt is a false statement. Words do hurt and they are loaded weapons. They define us a people.

As I said that was just an example, IMHO the most racist and also the most harmful racists are the rich white liberals...again though that's just another example. There are plenty of racists to go around. I do have to say though that few embrace it like the southern white redneck. Sorry but the racists within this group seem to be proud of their stupidity.... I am not talking about all southern white boys and to be honest THESE are the ones that should bother you for what they do to re-enforce the racist redneck perception. They wave their confederate flags (a lill info for those guys....you lost and you are waving an enemies flag) and use the word "pride" when the word they really feel is HATE. Again I am not talking about all southern whites...just some.
(#90)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 01-04-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
As I said that was just an example, IMHO the most racist and also the most harmful racists are the rich white liberals..
that I agree with

(#91)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 01-05-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
And Omaha...where do I start.

............................... What's done in private should stay there.

Very very well said. You can't and shouldn't try to force feed your private life preference to everyone. Definitely can't get angered over people who disagree with your private life. If you make it known be prepared for disagreement.

Saw two chicks kiss in RIGHT front of me and my 10 year old son last week.
I was angered and upset.

I feel like if you know that what you are doing in front of people and their children can be considered disturbing to people including some families with children, why would you do that to people.

Someone might read this and get mad. Maybe even read this and leave the forum. Don't hate me for having an opinion. Don't refuse to do business with someone that doesn't share your opinion. Doesn't mean we hate you, just simply disagree!

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#92)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 01-05-2012, 12:21 PM

Well said.

In all of this discussion no one should disagree so much that they would have to leave this forum. If a person is that close minded then you should not be here in the first place.

I have not seen anything going on that would give me reason to close this topic down. I am very much for the right to free speech and voicing one's opinion.

There have been alot of very very intelligent comments on this subject. From both sides of the fence, but we have to look at what the common denominator is on the entire subject. It is one's opinion.

One of the things we have in today's time is the privilege of more knowledge and the opportunity to find out information at the click of a button. This leads into a whole new era of understanding different opinions and way of life for more people.

Often more than not in the past information was supressed to be used against a society for the purpose of ruling it. Today it is a little harder to do that, and I'm not just talking about Gay marriage. There are so many things that have changed our view points and opinions.

We have entered a time where we can now study the habits of ancients societies and what they had for breakfast lunch and supper, how they ruled and how they evolved.

That is one of the main purposes is evolving as a human race in how we treat out past. Do we repeat it or learn from it.

Here is my opinion. Live your life the way you see fit. Worship your God the way you see fit. Make wise and logical decisions. Do not run out to judge others as it is not your place to judge. what is the norm for some may not be the norm for you. Tolerance is a virtue,be a good man or woman and respect life. Unless yours is in danger.

(#93)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 01-05-2012, 01:39 PM

""Tolerance is a virtue,be a good man or woman and respect life. Unless yours is in danger.""
Live and breath by that very statement....Thats awesome mac, and I hope that everyone that reads it listens to the words with their hearts...

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#94)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 01-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearnonebutOne View Post
""Tolerance is a virtue,be a good man or woman and respect life. Unless yours is in danger.""
Live and breath by that very statement....Thats awesome mac, and I hope that everyone that reads it listens to the words with their hearts...
That is the Law Enforcement in us that is why we live and die by that statement. I may not be active but I still live it day in and day out.

(#95)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-05-2012, 05:09 PM

It's in the blood brother...I honestly believe it will always be there because we had to have been born with it....

The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#96)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-05-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Lol... You seem to be stuck on this idea that gays are all out there and in your face...you are so wrong it ain't funny. You have gay family members that you dont know are gay, gay co-workers that you don't know are gay, gay friends that you don't know are gay. You can be in denial all you want and think "not my friends" and that's fine....denial ain't just a river....all gays ain't femmes man...there are gays you come in contact with all the time that you have no clue that their gay. Most gays DON'T throw it in your face....most would like to not have to hide who they are though.
I'm not saying they're all in your face. I've worked in the past with a few guys that were gay and I'da never known, save for a few comments that dropped here and there. But more often than not, you know. But just for the record, I can count the people I consider true male friends on one hand...the rest just come and go...but the real one's still aren't gay.

(#97)
Old

Default 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
I'm not saying they're all in your face. I've worked in the past with a few guys that were gay and I'da never known, save for a few comments that dropped here and there. But more often than not, you know. But just for the record, I can count the people I consider true male friends on one hand...the rest just come and go...but the real one's still aren't gay.
Just consider the possibility that you are wrong that "more often than not..." You can NOT TELL and don't know. Just consider it. Do you REALLY think that if someone close to you knew how you felt that they would let you know? Gay people are very good at hiding who they are...they have a lot of practice at it. Do you have any idea how many men are "in the down low"? Or how many married men are gay "on the side"? You may THINK you can tell and that you know.... But you have gay people in your life that you have no clue about....and probably never will.
(#98)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-05-2012, 07:29 PM

hahaha...feel as though i should pay admission to this thread

(#99)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 01-05-2012, 08:01 PM

Balls to the wall workout...

Whole new meaning in a gym full of men
(#100)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 01-06-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearnonebutOne View Post
Very powerful statement!!

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert