IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page Kubitzky's Log: Unleashing My Inner Beast
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

Kubitzky's Log: Unleashing My Inner Beast
(#1)
Old
Kubitzky is on a distinguished road

Default Kubitzky's Log: Unleashing My Inner Beast - 06-07-2012, 11:01 PM

Whats up guys? I'm new to this site and thought I'd start my own workout/diet/supplementation log as well as introduce myself. First off my name is Jacob Kubitzky, I'm 18 years old, and have been training since my sophmore year of highschool. I've always been in great shape just from being active in sports, etc. It wasn't until my junior year that I got really serious into bodybuilding and started to really dial into my diet. I worked out really hard my sophmore year but didn't really eat right. I've never had a horrible diet as I've always tried to stay healthy but it wasn't geared towards bodybuilding like it has been for the past few years. Anyways, I just graduated high school and I'll be attending college starting fall semester. Also, just to note, my girlfriend and I are moving into our own apartment July 30th, so wish me luck. I currently have my own gym in my basement but when I move out I'll start going to bodyplex because it is literally like 5 miles aways from my apartment. Enough of the sappy crap and on to the good stuff.

Here is where my log begins.
I'll update as regularly as my schedule allows me and will try to stay on top of this log. I'll lay out my current stats as well as my goals and the dates I would like to hit these goals. Keep in mind that I lift like a bodybuilder rather then a powerlifter.

Current Stats As Of 6/7/2012.
Height- 5'11
Body-Weight- 186
Body-Fat Percentage- 8%
Dead-Lift Max- 425lbs
Bench Press Max- 285lbs
Squat Max- 365lbs

Where I Want To Be At For 12/1/2012.
Height- 6'1 (Ha, we can all hope.)
Weight- 195-200
Body-Fat Percentage- 8-9%
Dead-Lift Max- 500lbs
Bench Press Max- 325lbs
Squat Max- 495lbs

Note: The reason my goal squat is so high is because earlier this year I was squatting 405 for 7 reps, but I slipped a disk in my back playing football and I haven't been the same since. I'm getting back to where I was though. (I've got a video to prove it, I'll post once I have my 5 posts.)

My highest bench max ever was 305, but I've been lifting without a spotter for quite a while so haven't been able to test what I'm at so 285 is an estimate.

I'll start my actual log on 6/9/2012. It will start off with legs. I'm currently doing a 2on1off split. Chest-Bis/Back/Off/Delts-Tris/Legs/Off/Repeat or Rest

I'm constantly doing a lean bulk type diet. I like to keep things simple. If I'm gaining to fast I drop my cals a little bit. If I'm not gaining fast enough I up my cals a bit. I like to stay lean year round. During the winter I may get up to 9-10% bf at most. I know this is holding me back from some great mass gains but I hate feeling bloated and fat.

I'm constantly changing up my workouts but it always revolves around a bodybuilding type workout. I'm thinking about this winter going for a nice month or two of power lifting just to change things up. I'm due up for a week off and I'm going on vacation July 7th- July 14th so I won't be able to post then.

My current supplements are (will update when changed.)
I-Force HemaVol
I-Force Maximize Intense
Gaspari Myofusion ProBiotic (Hate it!!)
Controlled Labs Orange Triad
Controlled Labs OxiMega Fish Oil
Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude
Scivation Xtend

When I move out, my supplements are going to quickly wither away and I'll just stick to basics. Really no need for the hemavol or xtend.

I'll try to post some videos and pictures from time to time just to show progress.

I'm always up for giving/taking advice and constructive criticism.

Life Isn't About Waiting For The Storm To Pass, It's About Learning To Dance In The Freakin Rain.
(#2)
Old

Default 06-07-2012, 11:06 PM

Here are a few pics back from October of 2011 to use as a start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg progress.jpg (470.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 10-7.jpg (10.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 10-7-11.jpg (13.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg swole time.jpg (594.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 363.jpg (720.4 KB, 9 views)

Life Isn't About Waiting For The Storm To Pass, It's About Learning To Dance In The Freakin Rain.
(#3)
Old

Default 06-07-2012, 11:07 PM

Just a few more pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 590.jpg (43.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 603.jpg (45.6 KB, 9 views)

(#4)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 06-08-2012, 02:33 AM

Looking good bro, welcome And looking forward to your log!

OFWGKTA
(#5)
Old
CandyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-08-2012, 05:51 AM

If I'm not Mistaken extend is full of Bcaa's, Im not real familiar with the other supps, but of your going to cut that out and I'm correct on the Bcaa info I'd make sure your other supps have those. Major Role in body building. I'll have to check and if I'm wrong I'm sorry!! Welcome and good luck
Oh and have you thought of entering in a competition? Seems like you very well could If that's a goal.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?y1q0ry
CG!!
(#6)
Old

Default 06-08-2012, 06:07 AM

@ShawnD: Thanks man, glad to be here!
@Mrs. CandyGirl: Your correct, BCAA's are great anytime for a trained athlete, bodybuilder but especially on a cut. Just moving out and all, I'm not going to have hardly any extra money for supplements and I feel I get sufficient aminos through my diet. I've thought about entering a competition but right now my life is so busy with work and about to start college, plus I don't know who to contact or where to go to find a competition. My ultimate life goal is to be a male fitness model, but only being 18 I still feel I've got plenty of room to grow.

(#7)
Old

Default 06-08-2012, 06:21 AM

Just a little side story. Yesterday my step dads boss asked me if I would drive a company truck (2012 F250) and deliver some wood to Chateau Elan near Atlanta. Now I've driven a honda all my life and have only driven to atlanta twice in my life! That was also on a Sunday when traffic isn't bad. Wish me luck, I'm about to leave! Ha, I hope this truck is fully insured. Oh and I've never driven a truck bigger than my friends extended cab tacoma!!

(#8)
Old

Default 06-08-2012, 06:23 AM

Alright, here is that video that I was talking about where i squat 405 7x's. Video got cut short at 6 but it is obvious I could/did do another one!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvwVl_6fR4o&feature=plcp[/ame]

Hoping to be back there pretty soon. Back has been feeling good lately.

(#9)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 06-08-2012, 07:32 AM

Welcome homie, log is looking tight!!

Good to see you going after it. I'm around and on here often, if you need any help or have any questions about anything shoot me a PM or check my log/threads.

You can also email me if need be at emeka@athleticxtreme.com

Happy lifting!

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#10)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 06-08-2012, 03:49 PM

Welcome man!! Looking good for 18! Beast!!

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#11)
Old

Default 06-09-2012, 12:31 PM

I'm emberassed to even post my leg workout, but I'm going to be 100% honesty with my numbers. It really gets me down on myself when I was squatting 315 for 12 reps and now I'm so freaking low. It makes you wanna give up, but now thats not me. I'm going to keep pushing myself until I get better than where I used to be. It does suck though.
Legs
Parallel Squats: 135x12, 185x8, 225x8, 275x3. I remember when I was doing 275 for almost 20 reps for warm ups. It's such a freaking motivation killer dropping so much weight.
Hamstring Curls: 35x12, 65x8, 75x8, 85x8, 65x8

That was my entire leg workout because I was so angry at myself for getting this weak. It is pathetic and emberassing. I don't know what I need to do. My legs just feel like little girl legs. I mean do I need to start doing legs twice a week again? WTF do I need to do? I call myself a hardcore lifter and this makes me seem like a newb again. Screw it though, I'm gonna be on top of my game again real soon.

I'll probably end up squatting again on mondays and fridays. This being weak thing is killing me and I'm tried of it. When I was squatting 405 for reps, was the strongest I've ever been on every body part. I was military pressing 205 for 6 reps when squatting that much. Big legs make everything bigger and stronger.

(#12)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 06-09-2012, 08:15 PM

Hey bro, 2 words MUSCLE MEMORY. If you did it once your muscles remember it! Don't sweat it, just work your way back wisely. Don't rush it just keep your focus on increasing every week.

Dude i'm at about 90% now but after my show i was really weak, maybe 65% and i have been working my way up, controlling my urges to overdo it and keeping my ego at the front door of the gym.

Keep training, keep eating, keep GROWING!

By the way, i'm in on this log

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#13)
Old
AX

Default 06-09-2012, 10:15 PM

Hey man don't get angry at yourself. I switched up my whole training philosophy, form comes first. I had to drop the weight on many exercises. Form overpowers anything, even if it means dropping that weight down. Don't feel embarrassed at the gym like people are making fun of you. Forget them, when you step through that door it's just you and the weights.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#14)
Old

Default 06-11-2012, 01:10 PM

6/11/12
Chest/Bis

Ah, today felt pretty great. I've been experimenting with lower volume training for the past month or so and I've found that at my age, higher volume works much better for me. My muscles feel more pumped and always look hard when I do high volume training. I know as I get older I'll have to back off on the volume but at age 18, and with the amount of calories I feel bloated and look flat when doing low volume.

Hammer Press (Just warm up to get stretch and blood flowing): 50x25, 70x25
Incline Barbell Bench: 135x10, 155x10, 175x10 very slow and controlled, felt amazing.
Flat Barbell Guilotine Press (Down to neck): 165x12, 195x12 drop set to 135x12. (Awesome pump in the upper chest.)
Incline DB Bench: 50x12, 75x12
Dips: B.W.x25, 45x15, 55x12, 65x10
E-Z Bar Curls: 65x10, 85x10, 95x10
PinWheel DB Curls: 35x12, 50x12, 50x10
Incline Alt. DB Curls (Very Slow tempo and super hard squeeze at top) 25x15, 35x10, 35x10
Finished off with some plyo pushups, burpees, mnt climbers, and some super hard abs!

Overall this was an insane workout, dropped the weight a bit, did a few more reps and I feel great right now. Higher volume is my clique. Can't wait to hit up my legs tomorrow!

My diet so far today has been like this.
Breakfast:
4 Whole Eggs, 1/2 cup blu berries, 1.5 cups oats, 8 oz. skim milk.
Pre-workout:
1 scoop xtend, 35 grams glycomaize.
Post-Workout:
1 Scoop xtend, 70 grams glycomaize.
2:00 p.m.:
broccoli, 4 oz. chicken, 70 grams brown rice.

will taper off carbs and up the fast towards the night.!

(#15)
Old
AX

Default 06-11-2012, 01:37 PM

Workout and diet looks good man! Keep up the hard work!

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

(#16)
Old

Talking 06-12-2012, 12:57 PM

6/12- Back/Calves/Traps
Deadlifts: 135x10, 225x10, 315x10, 405x6
V-Bar Pull Downs: 12, 12, 12, 6 drop set to 8 (not sure of weight.)
Seated Cable Rows: 12, 12 *Just focused on stretch and contraction, again not sure of weight.)
Supinated Barbell Rows: 95x12, 115x12, 135x12, 155x12 (Focusing on contraction rather than weight, feels much better.)
Hyper Ext: B.W.x15, 45x15 for 3 sets.

Did some various supersets for traps and calves. Really need to bring both of them up.

Tomorrow is an off day. Will probably hit up bodyplex for some shoulders thursday. Who knows?

Oh yeah, deads felt wonderful today. Once you get that tunnel vision deadlifting, nothing can stop you.

Todays diet so far.
Breakfast: 4 eggs, 1.5 cups oats, 8 oz. skim milk, 1/2 cup blu berries.
Morning Snack: 1 scoop glycomaize (35 carbs), 2 scoops myofusion (GROSS), and 1 large bananna.
Intraworkout: 2 scoops xtend.
Post-workout: 1 scoop xtend, 1 scoop glycomaize.
In just a few mintues: 4 oz. chicken, 75 grams of carbs from brown rice, spinach.
Before Work: 4 whole eggs, 2 tbs natty peanut butter
Work break: 4 oz. chicken, 1 oz. almonds, broccoli
Snack: 1 scoop myofusion, 8 oz. milk.
Dinner: steak&shrimp, broccoli. (moms cooking.)
Depending on if i'm to full or not I may have some cottage cheese and peanut butter before bed. No need to go crazy on calories today, i'm not working out tomorrow.

It is sad that I'm super excited that my mom is going grocery shopping right now, lol. When our kitchen is full, I'm , when our kitchen is almost empty.

(#17)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 06-13-2012, 12:39 AM

Welcome aboard. Young and in great shape = sky's the limit.

Squats look pretty damn strong too
(#18)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 06-13-2012, 07:57 AM

Some good eating there!

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#19)
Old

Default 06-13-2012, 09:20 AM

Thanks for the kind words! Stuff like that fuels my motivation. It's good to have people that live the same lifestyle as you for guidance and motivation. Can't wait to hit up shoulders/tris at bodyplex tomorrow!

(#20)
Old

Default 06-14-2012, 03:12 PM

Shoulders/Tris

Barbell Shrugs: 135x15, 185x15, 185x15
Seated DB Press: 35x12, 35x12, 50x12, 50x12
super set
DB Lateral Raises: 20x12, 20x12, 20x12, 20x12
DB Front Raises: 20x12, 35x12, 50x12
super set
DB Lateral Raises: 20x10, 20x10, 20x9
DB Bent Laterals: 35x10, 50x10, 50x10

Machine Rope Press Downs: 15, 12, 12, 12
Close Grip Floor Presses: 135x12, 155x12, 185x8, 205x8, 225x5
Skull Crushers: 65x15, 85x12, 85x10
Machine Rope Press Downs: 15, 15, 15,

Random Abs

ahhh, this was an intense workout! It took me about 35 minutes to complete. My longest rest period was probably about 45 seconds and that was on the close grip floor press.

Veins were visibile everywhere, loved it. I think that shoulders, arms, traps, and calves respond better to high volume training with very short rest periods! Can't wait for legs tomorrow!