IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page ShawnD Training Log
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

(#41)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 03-29-2012, 09:57 AM

The only reason I asked was because I had a concussion once and I ended up getting PCS (post concussion syndrome). Basically you feel dizzy, disoriented, and nausea. It is truly something weird, there is no cure for it. They can't even find it on a MRI or CAT scan. But if you had it back in 3rd grade then surely it wouldn't be showing up now. I had it for about 4 months, and every now and then it still creeps up on me.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#42)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 03-29-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post
going lighter would be of great benefit for you. I do it every 4th week or as needed. I go lighter and really focus on getting the tightest contraction possible and holding it for about 2 sec or for a pause.
But how light is the question? I feel like I am going pretty light and i feel like im not getting a goodworkout in because im not challenging myself....I dunno, I need to find a workout that uses light weight but I still feel like im doing something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Looking at your workouts I think you need to back down a little and just do some moderate weight. How old are you Shawn.

From looking at your workouts It is my opinion you need to stick to some basic lifts like Incline Barbell Press, Bench Press (light right now because of the shoulder) Squats, and Deadlifts.

Reason I say this you need to get those stabilizer muscles stronger. That goes for any of us who has not really been lifting that long. or Really under the age of 21 IMO..... Even now most of us need to continue to do compound movements for over all strength. With over all strength comes mass. Mass Really does not come from isolation movements.

Just making an observation here.
I do, but are you saying do more? Or just cut out the isolation movements completely? Im only 17.

OFWGKTA
(#43)
Old

Default 03-29-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog324 View Post
The only reason I asked was because I had a concussion once and I ended up getting PCS (post concussion syndrome). Basically you feel dizzy, disoriented, and nausea. It is truly something weird, there is no cure for it. They can't even find it on a MRI or CAT scan. But if you had it back in 3rd grade then surely it wouldn't be showing up now. I had it for about 4 months, and every now and then it still creeps up on me.
Yeah I think its the fat burner im on....Anyone else try lipo 6 and have these problems? I got a ton of samples from the arnold

OFWGKTA
(#44)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 03-29-2012, 01:27 PM

Use a weight that you have to stuggle to the point of breaking forum for the last 2 or 3 reps.

For instance, when i do seated row, i can do the stack + 25 x 12-15 but on a light day i would go about 220, perfect form, full stretch, and squeeze on every rep. The burn is almost unbearable by the 10th rep but that is the feeling you want without taxing your body from heavy weight.

I also prexhaust from time to time. I'd do pec dec or cable crosses for about 5 or 6 sets, squeezing every rep for about 12-15 reps each set. Then i'd go into incline presses or flat bench. You'll find that since the muscle is fatigued you don't actually have to lift heavy for the weight to feel heavy.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#45)
Old

Default 03-29-2012, 06:19 PM

Well I did a little legs and abs today. I wasn't that motivated at all....a few months back when I was squating really heavy I pulled a muscle in my lower back and I thought it healed up but when I was warming up with 185 I felt it bad so I just stopped...all these injuries and I'm so young! Kindof depressing. Oh well, gotta push through it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

OFWGKTA
(#46)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-29-2012, 10:45 PM

what I'm saying is at 17 you need to be concentrating on basic movements. What Emeka said rings true but your still a young pup and growing You need to build up a basic structure before diving into all sort of isolation movements. Those are fine but you need a base to start off with.

Not saying to do more. Actually do less with more quality basic movements like Bench Press, Incline Press, Squats, Dead Lifts. and even Power Clean will give you a basic structure.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#47)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-29-2012, 10:47 PM

Honestly this sounds like your not warming up enough or your not using a correct and proper form. Anytime you do movements like squats and Dead lifts your form must be down first in order to go heavier. I would rather see a guy do 50 pounds lighter and correct reps before I would see him do a heavy set with crappy form and run the potential of injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
Well I did a little legs and abs today. I wasn't that motivated at all....a few months back when I was squating really heavy I pulled a muscle in my lower back and I thought it healed up but when I was warming up with 185 I felt it bad so I just stopped...all these injuries and I'm so young! Kindof depressing. Oh well, gotta push through it.

(#48)
Old

Default 03-30-2012, 08:53 PM

Okay ill keep that in mind, thanks Mac.

Today I had therapy and it was pretty brought on the shoulder but it felt good after. Did arms today too and took meks advice on light weight and had a good pump!

Barbell curl: 4◊12◊55

Dumbell concentration curl: 8◊20, 2◊12◊15

Reverse cable curl: 3◊12◊35

Ez bar preacher curl: 7◊12◊40 (30 sec rest)

Close grip bench: 4◊12◊75

Cable rope pushdown: 3◊12◊50

Cable one arm tricep extension: 3◊12◊30

Skullcrushers: 7◊12◊45 (30 sec rest)

Did a lot of these exercises with fat gripz too felt the burn. Shoulder hurt a tiny little bit but nothing moltrin wont fix.

OFWGKTA
(#49)
Old

Default 03-30-2012, 08:53 PM

Okay ill keep that in mind, thanks Mac.

Today I had therapy and it was pretty brought on the shoulder but it felt good after. Did arms today too and took meks advice on light weight and had a good pump!

Barbell curl: 4◊12◊55

Dumbell concentration curl: 8◊20, 2◊12◊15

Reverse cable curl: 3◊12◊35

Ez bar preacher curl: 7◊12◊40 (30 sec rest)

Close grip bench: 4◊12◊75

Cable rope pushdown: 3◊12◊50

Cable one arm tricep extension: 3◊12◊30

Skullcrushers: 7◊12◊45 (30 sec rest)

Did a lot of these exercises with fat gripz too felt the burn. Shoulder hurt a tiny little bit but nothing moltrin wont fix.

OFWGKTA
(#50)
Old

Default 04-02-2012, 01:31 PM

Incline dumbbell press: 4◊12◊35

Incline cable flys: 4◊12◊30

Dumbbell bench: 4◊12◊40

Cable crossover: 4◊12◊35, 3◊12◊30

Reverse close grip bench: 11◊95, 3◊12◊75

Machine dip: -70lbs from bodyweight for 3 sets and 12 reps

Skullcrushers: 50◊11, 6◊12◊40

Some ABS

Overall a good workout. Shoulder bothered me only a little bit for the incline stuff but other than that good!

OFWGKTA
(#51)
Old
AX

Default 04-02-2012, 06:12 PM

Don'y shy away from light weight man. Like Mac said, I would rather see someone go light and perform solid reps than to use weight they can barely handle and knock out some crappy reps. I see people in the gym benching, load up 225 and then proceed to bounce it off their chest for a total of 2 maybe 3 reps, and get up like they've accomplished something. Lol. Sorry for the rant, but you get what I'm saying.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#52)
Old

Default 04-03-2012, 03:56 PM

Deadlift: 4◊12◊105

Cable seated row: 3◊12◊100

Barbell row: 3◊12◊75

Incline cable pulldown: 4◊12◊80, 3◊12◊100

Barbell curl: 45◊12, 55◊12, 50◊12

Dumbbell concentration curl: 20◊12, 15◊12, 15◊12

Preacher curl: 7◊12◊35

Had a excellent pump today. When I woke up my shoulder hurt but took some moltrin and hit the gym and it feels okay now. I've been using fat grips and its helping me keep with the lighter weight so I wont damage the shoulder more than it is.

OFWGKTA
(#53)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 04-10-2012, 08:07 PM

Welcome to the IPYU Forums Shawn! You must've joined here in my tiny leave of absence.

Good luck with your workouts as your shoulder heals. Wishing you the best man!

Do work!
(#54)
Old

Default 04-10-2012, 10:17 PM

Thanks man! And a update. Sorry I haven't been posting guys. Been really busy lately, I have been hitting the gym but nothing serious. Went camping last week and completely screwwed my diet up. Drank pop, and ate candy, and drank some more. Getting back at it this week ill try to keep this log alive!

OFWGKTA
(#55)
Old
AX

Default 04-11-2012, 12:17 AM

The best thing to do when your diet goes bad is to just get back on track with the next meal. You got this big homie. Ain't nothin but a peanut!

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

(#56)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 04-12-2012, 08:33 AM

Get back on that horse, you got this!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#57)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
j1r!!! will become famous soon enough

Default 04-12-2012, 04:52 PM

The more you get into working out, the more you realize it's a road with many obstacles. Success happens when we learn to break through these obstacles easily and effectively. Having this forum is a great way to do that - support and encouragement throughout your journey. There will always be obstacles but with that can be the feeling of accomplishment and rewarded determination. We all slip up from time to time but the difference between the scrawny guy and the buff guy is the buff guy didn't let his obstacles leave him sitting there on his butt, he plowed through those obstacles with motivated passion and the goal in the eyes. It's easy to get down on yourself for slipping up but we all make mistakes. Make the choice to get up, ready to get the prize you've been waiting for.

Do work!
(#58)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-19-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
Thanks man! And a update. Sorry I haven't been posting guys. Been really busy lately, I have been hitting the gym but nothing serious. Went camping last week and completely screwwed my diet up. Drank pop, and ate candy, and drank some more. Getting back at it this week ill try to keep this log alive!
I had a similar weekend last year when going on a cut. It didn't hinder it at all in the long run. Day or two after I wa showing to gain a few, but a couple more days of behaving and I had dropped more.

Sent via tapatalk. Get the app for your smartphone now and look how cool IPYU works with it!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#59)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 04-19-2012, 03:11 PM

Sometimes we have to eat to loose. It's been proven. I'm still loosing and I do a what ever I want cheat meal once a week.

Taking the week off now to reboot then we are hitting it harder for another 12 weeks.

(#60)
Old

Default 05-18-2012, 07:33 PM

So sorry that I haven't updated my log in a while guys. I thought well ill get back to it when I'm at 100% again.....still not there. Now not only is the one shoulder not fully healed I mess my other one up playing baseball.....swung a bat and pop.....worse pain I have felt in awhile. Been taking it easy but both shoulders are keeping from being half of what I should be by now. I lost motivation to hit the gym....down in the dump. Hopefully ill get back in the game sooner rather than later. Hope you guys are doing good though. Ill be a little more active now that schools done. Oh and I think I have decided what I want my career to be.....ready? Police officer I think it fits me. Well thanks for checking in guys. Have a good one.

OFWGKTA