IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page The IPYU Fitness Laboratory: A Lab Rat's Story
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

(#21)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat
Jacentk2 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to Jacentk2 Send a message via AIM to Jacentk2 Send a message via MSN to Jacentk2 Send a message via Yahoo to Jacentk2 Send a message via Skype™ to Jacentk2
Default 03-06-2011, 06:27 PM

It's been raining today. Monday...not calling for any.

So, Here's the route. it will end up being a total of 11 miles. 5.5 one way then a double back at the town listed. This is using Google so I am not very sure how accurate it is....so I will have my BB with Endomondo to track fully by GPS.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5.5 mile Martinsburg to Kearneysville.jpg (155.2 KB, 2 views)
(#22)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Send a message via ICQ to Jacentk2 Send a message via AIM to Jacentk2 Send a message via MSN to Jacentk2 Send a message via Yahoo to Jacentk2 Send a message via Skype™ to Jacentk2
Default 03-06-2011, 08:01 PM

Here's Week 1 of the program. It's a 15 week deal.

The total time for each session is Row 1.
The overall routine is Row 2.
If there are intervals for this day, you'll see them in Row 3.
The type of Interval is Row 4.
The rest between each interval (RBI) is Row 5.

Types of Routines and/or Intervals that are based off of "Zones" calculated from your Max Heart Rate (MHR). RPE stands for Rate of Perceived Exertion which is on a scale of 1-10....1 being easy and 10 being toughest. In this manner, if you do not have a heart rate monitor you can go by the scale as long as you are honest with yourself.

Easy (Zone 1) (RPE 1-2)
Cruising (Zone2) (RPE 3-4)
Cruising+ (Zone 2 with higher Zoned Intervals) (RPE 3-4)
Steady (Zone 3) (RPE 5-6)
Brisk (Zone 4) (RPE 7-8)
Max (Zone 5) (RPE 9-10)
Ramps (Start at a lower zone and progress upward over time)
Hills (duh!)

The Zones:

1: Recovery/Easy Day = 60-64% MHR = 1-2 RPE
2: Aerobic Endurance = 65-74% MHR - 3-4 RPE
3: High-Level Aerobic, "Tempo Pace" = 75-84% MHR = 5-6 RPE
4: Lactate Threshold, Race Pace = 85-94% MHR = 7-8 RPE
5: Max Effort = 95-100 MHR = 9-10 RPE

Calculating MHR:
The old method is taking 220-age=MHR. In may case, 220-31=189MHR

Now while Monday is a Rest Day, I plan on trying out my cheap (yeah I bought a cheap one) Road bike on the path that I found. It's an actual bike path...mostly and is perhaps the safest place in the area to ride.

The Book I am getting this from also states that those of us who have a lot to lose can always add and extra 15-30 min on any given ride.....this is why I am going to go out for a test on Monday to get familiar with Road Style.

As each type comes up, I will do my best to describe what it entails.

Any Question, just ask!

And if you wanna ride your way lean, let's go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Week 1.jpg (42.7 KB, 3 views)
Delayed a bit...
(#23)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default Delayed a bit... - 03-07-2011, 07:34 AM

Not only did it rain last night, the temps dropped too. So instead of just cold and wet, there's ice everywhere. Don't think that a bike does well on ice. Hope it warms up enough to ride!
(#24)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-07-2011, 10:25 AM

This is why I love my stationary. Believe me I think you can get a better workout on the stationary as a whole. Now don't get me wrong. I still want to get my road bike back out and ride the shit out of it. It is just more fun. but when bad weather comes it is so comforting that I can sit inside and still get my cardio in.

Another thing, and I know this sounds crazy. I was playing COD saturday night and got on my stationary. Kept the avg speed at 15 miles an hour and did an hour easy. Sweated my ass off. Did not do to bad either on the game. LOL.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#25)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default 03-07-2011, 11:30 AM

That's why I am also in the market of an indoor trainer that I can mount my bikes on during bad weather. Just don't have it yet.
(#26)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-07-2011, 11:57 AM

Yeah, they can become expensive for a good one anyway. I thought about getting one for my bike but I could not bring myself to spend the money when I had a stationary at my fingertips. plus I'm not that good yet to use a trainer. Maybe some day when I loose the weight I need.

(#27)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default 03-07-2011, 07:36 PM

Here was today's trial run. Testing out the new bike to see what needs adjustment.... just a few mods. Lower seat if possible and/or raise handle bars. Disregard the "Start time." I am not sure why it put it 3 hrs off.....gotta work on them settings....

(#28)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
SouthernIllinois has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-09-2011, 11:16 AM

Damn technology!^^ Im envious of the bike trail though, that looks fun as hell!

(#29)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-09-2011, 03:03 PM

That does look awesome man...All flat as hell here in Florida..

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#30)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-09-2011, 03:56 PM

You should come over here and ride my route Close to birmingham. I will get with you later Carl about what you are using to post the route.

I'm going to get in top shape before hitting my road bike right now.

(#31)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default 03-09-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
You should come over here and ride my route Close to birmingham. I will get with you later Carl about what you are using to post the route.

I'm going to get in top shape before hitting my road bike right now.

Um...sure...OK?

Is there something wrong or that I shouldn't have used or is it more that you like it? LOL!!
(#32)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-09-2011, 04:45 PM

No I like it I just wanted to know what you were using.

(#33)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default 03-09-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
No I like it I just wanted to know what you were using.
Who knew I'd kinda be a spokesperson for a mobile app? LOL. Crazy!

It is called Endomondo. There are 2 versions, Free and Paid. I use the Free one thus far. I have it on my Blackberry Storm2 phone but you can also get it for most mobile devices. Either do a search on your respective mobile device, OR go to this site (http://www.endomondo.com/download/) and browse by device brand then search for your model. Put in you mobile number and SEND and you should get a link to download the app to your device.

Creating an account is Free and the beauty is that you can link it to your Facebook and your pretty much done, save for adding what ever other meta-data you wish.

It will track your run, bike ride, hike, whatever you set it for using GPS, timers and some other cool stuff. Once you are done with that particular exercise or route, hit done and it uploads to the Endomondo site. From there you can share on FB or other sites or copy the HTML data like I did above and post to a blog or Message board.

Questions?

Last edited by Jacentk2; 03-10-2011 at 06:54 AM.
(#34)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-10-2011, 01:10 AM

That bad ass trail display did completely throw me off. I'm downloading that first thing tomorrow morning, I was going to go for a bike ride anyway

Sweet ride too
(#35)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default 03-22-2011, 01:45 PM

The weather here sucks as much as it does in Seattle. So for those that don't have me on Facebook, I have purchased a Spin bike to compensate bad weather days for the routine. Also, to add in some muscle/weight training I'll be doing a 3day per week routine. I've briefly talked about it before, The Spartacus Workout. The bike should be here soon...but I plan on hitting the Spartacus Routine today.....

BTW: I have had a messed up right hand for about 3 months...not sure what it is and I have to wait to see a Doc at the VA once they send me a letter as to when my Appt. is. What is does...or rather does not do...from time to time I can't close it all the way...too painful. I have lost most of my grip strength in that had. The primary pain center is the pointer finger at the knuckle, but it send pain through the whole hand and sometimes up the wrist and arm. Hope that I can hold the Dumbbells long enough for the Spartacus Routine.
(#36)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default 03-22-2011, 10:40 PM

Alrighty now. First off my PC is in pieces. So I can clean it...doing this quick update on my BlackBerry Storm2. I got through the cycle plan...had my heart rate in the right zones and everything. Afterward had dinner and went to Wally World to get different bike seat...the one I have hurts. Got back and tried doing Spartacus workout. I didn't do too well. Started having severe lower back pain...still sore even now 2 hrs later. Not gonna give up on it...just gonna have to not push as hard I guess....until I get Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger. G'night all.
(#37)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default 03-23-2011, 09:46 PM

Ht: 66.5"
Wt: 251 lbs
Goal: 175 lbs
Diff: 76 lbs
Weigh-ins on Rest day (Monday Morning before Breakfast)

Week 1, Day 1
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Cycle Routine (Indoor on road bike with Mag-trainer)

Cruising+

20 Min Warm-up (Cruising Speed) 122-140 BPM
8 Min (Steady) 141-159 BPM
5 Min (Cruising) 122-140 BPM
5 Min (Cruising) 122-140 BPM
6 Min (Cruising) 122-140 BPM
60 Min Total

__________________________________________________ ________
__________________________________________________ ________

Week 1, Day 2
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Cycle Routine (Indoor on road bike with Mag-trainer)

Cruising

60 Min (Cruising) 122-140 BPM
60 Min Total

Last edited by Jacentk2; 03-23-2011 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Add Data.
Out for Delivery!!
(#38)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default Out for Delivery!! - 03-24-2011, 08:47 AM

Soon.....now just to build and place it.....once it gets here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Its on the way.jpg (80.4 KB, 4 views)
(#39)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-24-2011, 08:53 AM

Nice Carl!!!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#40)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat

Default 03-24-2011, 08:30 PM

The (spin) bike got here....still working on space for it and to build it....did not get time to do today's training ... was too wrapped up in trying to get space set up....That's Ok though....I can double up tomorrow by doing today's in the AM and tomorrow's in the PM.