IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page RickB's 'stab at beast mode or die trying' (b)log
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

(#41)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-23-2011, 03:56 PM

I have been feeling pretty beat up so I guess you hit the nail on this one. I get so wrapped up in I wan't to do at least as good as last week but hopefully better, that I lose site of the dreaded but needed deload.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#42)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-23-2011, 04:24 PM

yes you will, and I want video of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Had a good back day yesterday. The heaviest I went was 365 x 2. Could have got 4-5 maybe, but Dan talked me into going for 405. Much to my dismay, I couldn't even budge it from the floor which really surprised me. I'll get it though!

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#43)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 02-23-2011, 04:27 PM

At the very least there will be a pic. But if there's someone with me willing, I'll have proof

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#44)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-23-2011, 04:29 PM

I'm saying for proof. I know you can do it. I just want video to put up here on the site.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#45)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 02-23-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Thanks SI

No Kris, I haven't deloaded. I probably need to do that! Thanks for the reminder. I wonder though if a deload is more of a mental thing than a physical thing....or if it's equal. I just know it's hard for me mentally to plan a lighter week. But either way I know it can be good.
I would hit up a deload rick!! Just drop your weights to 70-75% of want you normally do and decrease the time between sets. I like taking shorter rest breaks since I am using lighter weights and it makes me feel like I am still getting a good workout in haha. I bet you come back stronger than ever after it

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#46)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 02-23-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
I'm saying for proof. I know you can do it. I just want video to put up here on the site.
A video of the lift would be awesome!!

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

(#47)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-23-2011, 11:57 PM

Thanks Matt & Kris! You guys are wise beyond your years in this business! True assets to this board! I had also asked Cathy and Matt, you and her were on almost identical pages in what she instructed me to do. <---cool right there!

(#48)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 02-24-2011, 12:12 AM

BEAST MODE!!!

Dude, keep tearing it up! Color me subscribed!

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#49)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 02-28-2011, 11:29 PM

Thanks Loaf!

I just stayed really light today @ lunch on my first day back and I'm going to continue to stay light all this week. I hope that will be all the break I needed.

I did a total of 99 reps with 135 on bench. And I did a couple really high rep sets of light weight machine flys. Had a great pump but didn't feel I taxed myself.

(#50)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 03-01-2011, 06:48 AM

You are a beast great lifts. I got to go open the gym but I'll be back mid morning to read up on this. Super work dude!!!!

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#51)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 03-01-2011, 09:01 AM

WOW! 365 X 10 that really great Rick, I'm sure if you can do 365 X 10 you should be good for the 405.
On days we would max we would warm up and single rep till we got to the max and then do reps on the way down. I can't wait till I can lift some real weight again.
(#52)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-01-2011, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
WOW! 365 X 10 that really great Rick, I'm sure if you can do 365 X 10 you should be good for the 405.
On days we would max we would warm up and single rep till we got to the max and then do reps on the way down. I can't wait till I can lift some real weight again.
Papaw, where did you read "365 x 10"? I either mis-typed it or you mis-read it. Most I've done in this log was 365 x 4....I think.

(#53)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 03-01-2011, 04:43 PM

365X4 not too bad. What is your weight right now??
I'm thinking a buck twenty five give or take 2?? just kidding looking real solid

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#54)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
365X4 not too bad. What is your weight right now??
I'm thinking a buck twenty five give or take 2?? just kidding looking real solid
195 right now. I think I'm 174 in my avatar.

(#55)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA

Default 03-01-2011, 07:56 PM

Very good work my friend. I'm hanging around 175 but look to go in the low 160's for the racing season.

o o p s
(#56)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default o o p s - 03-01-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Papaw, where did you read "365 x 10"? I either mis-typed it or you mis-read it. Most I've done in this log was 365 x 4....I think.
UUUHHHH, I believe I read that wrong. sorry man, I'll bet your were surprised and wondered if you were stronger than you thought. See what old age and getting blinder, losing the hearing, etc. does to ya. I'm living proof getting old stinks. I believe I got the 365 right, but if I'm not wrong it was x 2, I went back and reread the quote in Mac's quote by "Rick".
Sorry about that.
I seem to be on a roll screwing stuff up, man. Long story I won't get into.
(#57)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-01-2011, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post
Very good work my friend. I'm hanging around 175 but look to go in the low 160's for the racing season.
Well thanks Kick. Not all of those 21 lbs are good lbs. In fact probably less than half. I am stronger than I was at the light weight, but way less defined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPAW View Post
UUUHHHH, I believe I read that wrong. sorry man, I'll bet your were surprised and wondered if you were stronger than you thought. See what old age and getting blinder, losing the hearing, etc. does to ya. I'm living proof getting old stinks. I believe I got the 365 right, but if I'm not wrong it was x 2, I went back and reread the quote in Mac's quote by "Rick".
Sorry about that.
I seem to be on a roll screwing stuff up, man. Long story I won't get into.
No problem at all Papaw! Sorry if I disappointed you haha!

(#58)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-01-2011, 11:28 PM

Did a leg deload tonight. Squats no heavier than 225 but they felt really easy and no hip problems. Leg press was moderate weight with high reps...didn't feel good on the hips. But once I got a few inches above the bottom of the movement, they were easy. Leg curls, just light weight and high reps.

Nothing special to report but I think this deload is working. I woke up this morning and felt really good and felt better than I have in a while all day long.

(#59)
Old

Default 03-02-2011, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Did a leg deload tonight. Squats no heavier than 225 but they felt really easy and no hip problems. Leg press was moderate weight with high reps...didn't feel good on the hips. But once I got a few inches above the bottom of the movement, they were easy. Leg curls, just light weight and high reps.

Nothing special to report but I think this deload is working. I woke up this morning and felt really good and felt better than I have in a while all day long.
That's great news rick!! I'm sure by next week you will be back at full force

Have leg presses been giving you trouble lately?

(#60)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 03-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Not really Matt, but honestly since my buddy just opened this new gym, it's the only one of the 3 gyms that I go to that has a leg press sled. I love that thing, but my hips were just aggrevating me last night....but strangely, not on squats. And that's where it usually bothers me. Odd that!

I must have some type of tendinitis or bursitis or something in my hips. It can be very uncomfortable. If I sit wrong in my office chair...whatever my hip besides is wrong that day, when I get up, I feel like I need to work it around a little before I take off walking. I am going to start doing some hip flexor exercises and look for some stretches that I can do at home and see if I can get past this.