IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page c0yled's road to victory
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

c0yled's road to victory
(#1)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default c0yled's road to victory - 08-19-2013, 07:08 AM

So been meaning to start this log, but here is the deal. I'm one month in my 3 month program. Start was 183 lbs. And not sure about bodyfat %. That was one month ago today. Today was 180 lbs.

Schedule for this month goes as follows:
Mon: chest/shoulders/triceps
Tues: plyometrics
Wed: back/biceps
Thurs: yoga
Fri: legs/back
Sat: cardio
Sun: off

Will post my mon workout later this afternoon
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-19-2013, 10:47 AM

If you can put a before picture up That way as your progress continues you can see for yourself how you have changed.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#3)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-19-2013, 11:02 AM

looking forward to the workout!

glad you got your log started!

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
(#4)
Old

Default 08-20-2013, 07:33 PM

Meant to post my chest/shoulder/tricep workout yesterday, but i didn't have my log sheet...needless to say I'm still sore from it

Today was plyometrics, 58 minutes to be exact
cycles of 3 exercises for 30 sec 4th exercise for 1 min then repeat cycle again
After 4th exercise rest for 30 secs then onto the next set

Will post each exercise when I have more time next week, this week is kinda crazy.
(#5)
Old

Default 08-21-2013, 08:54 AM

Back and biceps this morning. Awesome workout...logging from my phone right now, computer died. Numbers later

Strip sets are awesome ps.
(#6)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-21-2013, 10:23 AM

If you don't want to keep a detailed log and forget to log in every day (like me)

You can summarize at the end of the week or just when you can.

(#7)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 08-21-2013, 10:47 AM

(#8)
Old

Default 08-21-2013, 12:10 PM

It was mentioned to me I should post pics...

Day 33 of 90 after back and biceps

Don't have any of day 1 I am always running around and didn't even think to take before and afters
Thanks for posting them for me mac
(#9)
Old

Default 08-23-2013, 10:04 AM

Forgot to log yesterday, but yesterday was yoga day

Legs/back and abs today

Great workout 3 sets legs 1 set pullups and around we go. Different variations of pullups.

Tried a new pre workout today, swole nutrition. WOW! felt like my face was on fire along with most of my upper torso altogether. Alot more noticeable versus jack3d micro I think and I noticed I got more reps easier. Def. Not something to start out with IMO, but I think I like it. :0
(#10)
Old

Default 08-23-2013, 10:05 AM

Forgot to log yesterday, but yesterday was yoga day

Legs/back and abs today

Great workout 3 sets legs 1 set pullups and around we go. Different variations of pullups.

Tried a new pre workout today, prewrek by swole nutrition. WOW! felt like my face was on fire along with most of my upper torso altogether. Alot more noticeable versus jack3d micro I think and I noticed I got more reps easier. Def. Not something to start out with IMO, but I think I like it.
(#11)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 08-24-2013, 05:18 AM

I've always found training logs impossible to keep updated. I find it boring. Interesting to read others, but boring writing your own.

Perhaps post up the highlights of your workouts, like PB's etc... Otherwise, you'll find yourself posting up much the same stuff every week. But if you can keep it updated and enjoy writing it, by all means do! But not many actually write every last detail.

Mac, you look really different...
(#12)
Old

Thumbs up 08-24-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra_training_zy View Post
I've always found training logs impossible to keep updated. I find it boring. Interesting to read others, but boring writing your own.

Perhaps post up the highlights of your workouts, like PB's etc... Otherwise, you'll find yourself posting up much the same stuff every week. But if you can keep it updated and enjoy writing it, by all means do! But not many actually write every last detail.

Mac, you look really different...
Yea, I've been thinking about that myself the past few days. I think I will just post that I did it and how I felt, that suits me better.

Today: Cardio

I subbed from my usual kenpo based cardio program this morning and did
Shaun T's insaniy pure cardio...been a few months since I've hit it like that!
had to take an extra break or two.

Still diggin the new swole sports prewreck, I'm still on fire from it and it def
helps keep the focus. Looking forward to a rest day tomorrow

You like those pictures of Mac huh? :rofl: too bad they are really a scronny ass me with a belly of a woman post pregnancy that can't seem to build any muscle huh? Actually I have notice some gains in the shoulders and arms, maybe a little definition in the chest but the abs is where I wanna be soon, we shall see huh?

Last edited by c0yled0tc0m; 08-24-2013 at 06:44 AM.
(#13)
Old

Default 08-27-2013, 07:34 AM

Ugtbk, been rough to find the focus the past few days

Monday: chest shoulders and triceps

Struggled all through this workout

Tuesday: plyometrics

Usually do well with this one, but struggled again today. From the minute my eyes opened I have been a few minutes behind my body.
(#14)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 08-27-2013, 07:58 AM

It's usually a mental thing. Once I realised it was a mental thing, I found myself deadlifting 3 times a week, sometimes training on consecutive days. (I just do the big 3; squat, deadlift and bench; with pull ups and dips. So full body every workout)

I very rarely; if ever now, struggle to find my focus or my energy. Mind you, I think that has a lot to do with my diet and the way I train.

Over-training doesn't really exist; but what does is poor mental preparation, poor diet and bad quality sleep. If you tell yourself as you step into the gym, that you're tired, lacking focus and 'not feeling it' then you've already talked yourself into a bad workout.

When you go into the gym, don't feel as if you have to charge yourself up like an animal. Just release your inhibition and calm yourself. Get it into your head what weights and numbers you're shooting for and do it.

Don't feel you have to follow a strict regiment either. I'm very sporadic and spontaneous with my planning. I don't follow a workout, I just go in and whatever I fancy doing first (Usually squats) I'll go and do. What happens after that, is where ever my mood takes me.

Training should be fun and enjoyable, unless you plan on entering a strong man comp or stepping on stage, you don't have to be following things to a tee. It's a lifestyle change that has to be sustained long term, or it won't work. For it to work you have to enjoy it; same with diet.

It all comes down to mindset. Sleep and diet are obvious, eat when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired. Get that right and the rest will all be in your mind.
(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 08-27-2013, 08:35 AM

Hey brother, the pics looked good. As for keeping a log, I got a notebook at the dollar tree and keep it in my gym bag and when I get through doing something I write it down. Of course I'm old and getting forgetful, lol so I have to do that. Then I come here and post it almos immediately after I eat. As I mentioned the getting old thing, lol sometimes I forget or sometimes I fall asleep. If you want to know where you were a year ago doing it that way is the perfect idea IMHO. Keep killin it but don't tear anything up (healing takes away from good muscle building time).

PAPAW'S (PGS) BLOG
(#16)
Old

Default 08-27-2013, 07:29 PM

Thanks PAPAW, I head all the advice. I'm checking in from my phone lately, and it's alot to try and type on a touch screen. I do have a log book, or something that will resemble one anyway. I will also make sure not to tear anything, but I can't make any promises sometimes I go a little hulk on em! Thanks for stopping in
(#17)
Old

Default 08-28-2013, 07:38 AM

Back and biceps with abs this morning.

Still seem to be struggling this week, but my numbers on the scale were great. I think I'm at the point where most chumps bow out, but not me. Even though I'm physically strutting to get through I do feel more accomplished at the end of them. But man, it was hard to get going this morning.
(#18)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 08-28-2013, 09:11 AM

Stay strong and keep chipping away at your goal.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#19)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 08-28-2013, 08:50 PM

keep digging brother, don't ever give up, we're here to back you up.

PAPAW'S (PGS) BLOG
(#20)
Old

Default 08-29-2013, 08:36 AM

Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive reinforcement. I'm trucking though and digging deeper to get there.

Tags
log