IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training and Diet Blogs
Reload this Page John Beefs at it again!!!
Training and Diet Blogs Post your journal to help you keep track of your progress and goals. Receive support, suggestions, and guidance from other members.

John Beefs at it again!!!
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default John Beefs at it again!!! - 07-26-2013, 11:02 PM

So tonight was my 1st night back at the iron!!! I missed it I feel pretty good. ( for anyone who doesnt know I had shoulder surgery back in May and had to stop lifting like 2 yrs ago now prior to the operation.)

Overall it was a good workout. Just did 1 exercise for each body part, 3 sets testing my strength and how the shoulder felt. Triceps, chest and shoulders movements set off a stiffness/ weakness / suckyness. Hopefully with proper stretching and rest I can get back to 100%!!

Body weight was 185.6lbs. forgot to check fat percentage.

wo!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-01-2013, 08:20 AM

Sup brother!! Long time no see. I actually haven't been doing anything either for about that long, mostly cause of life and a little sickness to start it off...But im back at it myself... Good Luck dude you got it no doubt!!

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-01-2013, 03:09 PM

damnit the wagons gettin full. Looks like i needa get on it.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#4)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 08-01-2013, 06:17 PM

Is that where everyone has been?

Is this forum finally alive again?
(#5)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-02-2013, 02:00 AM

Waddup JB???? Good to see you! Oh and that F1 guy too actually

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-02-2013, 08:29 AM

Damn its like a reunion in here!!!

The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#7)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-02-2013, 10:47 AM

glad the surgery went well and welcome back!

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
bb12 has a spectacular aura about

Send a message via Yahoo to bb12
Default 08-06-2013, 06:05 PM

Glad to have you back and how sore are you after your first day back in the gym?

All American EFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.
(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-07-2013, 01:07 AM

Holy cow all kinds of visitors haha!
Welcome back F1 !!
@ bb12 - I went pretty light, just testing movements seeing what hurt and what didn't. the feeling is more of a stiffness / unused ( DUH :P ) feeling. the Sore is minimal, just the oh hey you actually used me last night feeling :P

Thanks Rick!

Ouja you better get back on this wagon! I'ma make you pull me on it!!

Thanks brad! it did go well, doc. was pleased and for the most part the pre- surgery pain is gone.

Hi Cray_Training! We all got scraps and boo-boos to fix! Bodily and mentally, lol!!

To be honest the hardest part is the metal state. I had a rough week. 0% motivation. Starting all over again and remembering where I was, how I felt / looked / lifted.. it was soo hard to get moving again. Had my initial lift, a day off, lifted again then didnt for like 5 days.

I hit shoulders and legs last night and did back tonight. I'm feelin nice and sore. good sore
Hopefully I just keep on keepin' on.

gotta get the diet back in check, make sure I'm eating enough. Gotta make a new training split and get'er going. Also gotta have fun!!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-07-2013, 01:07 AM

Holy cow all kinds of visitors haha!
Welcome back F1 !!
@ bb12 - I went pretty light, just testing movements seeing what hurt and what didn't. the feeling is more of a stiffness / unused ( DUH :P ) feeling. the Sore is minimal, just the oh hey you actually used me last night feeling :P

Thanks Rick!

Ouja you better get back on this wagon! I'ma make you pull me on it!!

Thanks brad! it did go well, doc. was pleased and for the most part the pre- surgery pain is gone.

Hi Cray_Training! We all got scraps and boo-boos to fix! Bodily and mentally, lol!!

To be honest the hardest part is the metal state. I had a rough week. 0% motivation. Starting all over again and remembering where I was, how I felt / looked / lifted.. it was soo hard to get moving again. Had my initial lift, a day off, lifted again then didnt for like 5 days.

I hit shoulders and legs last night and did back tonight. I'm feelin nice and sore. good sore
Hopefully I just keep on keepin' on.

gotta get the diet back in check, make sure I'm eating enough. Gotta make a new training split and get'er going. Also gotta have fun!!

(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-07-2013, 01:17 AM

Here it is **BACK** from the brake!
Light cairdo / stretch out session. Get the bod. temp up then several shoulder stretches/ rotator cuff movements.

Machine Pull downs set 1: 15 Reps @ 35lbs. Set 2: 10 reps @ 75lbs Set 3: To failure, 75lbs. minimal rests between sets.

Bent Over DB Rows Set 1: 10 Reps @ 50lbs. Set 2: 8 Reps @ 50lbs. SS w/ 25lbs to fail.

Deadlifts Set 1: 10 Reps @ 95lbs. Set 2: 10 Reps @ 115lbs. Set 3: 12 Reps @ 115lbs.

Seated Machine close- Grip Rows Set 1: 10 Reps @ 110lbs. Set 2: 10 Reps at 130lbs. Set 3: 8 Reps @ 130lbs.

Lil carido / stretching / cool down to finish her off!

feeling pretty good overall. I know I'm going to have to watch the weight and form on a lot of stuff.. hopefully I have the discipline listen to my lil' body and not screw myself up again.

(#12)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-07-2013, 08:32 AM

Thata Kid!! I know just how you feel brother..I am slam embarrassed of where I am and at least you had an excuse with the surgery and all...Hang in there dude...We got this

(#13)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM

You can't beat yourself up for wanting to go hard either though, just work at it slow and you'll get back into it... Good luck! Will be following this one...it's inspirational!
(#14)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-07-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0yled0tc0m View Post
You can't beat yourself up for wanting to go hard either though, just work at it slow and you'll get back into it... Good luck! Will be following this one...it's inspirational!
Thanks C0yled ! that means a lot to me I truly appreciate it!

(#15)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-07-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearnonebutOne View Post
Thata Kid!! I know just how you feel brother..I am slam embarrassed of where I am and at least you had an excuse with the surgery and all...Hang in there dude...We got this
thanks fear! Its not an excuse. I could have / should have ate properly and kept up on the carido. but I got all emo and wahhh wahhh. :P

hopefully its the straight and narrow for me now!

(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-09-2013, 01:45 AM

Destroyed Fore-arms, Biceps and Triceps last night. Still sore.. haha. Also woke up with my back yelling at me. Must have done a good job on 8/6.

I dont remember the exercises or weights but it was something like:

Fore arm curls 2 sets, Triceps - 3 exercises, fore arm curls, Biceps -3 exercises.

Of course the shoulder stretches and warm up stuff and cool down stuff.

Tonight I do believe is Chest and abs.

(#17)
Old
c0yled0tc0m is on a distinguished road

Default 08-09-2013, 08:28 AM

Looking like it is the straight and narrow for you huh? Quick question for you beef, do you do abs before or after chest or whatever area your working? I personally feel doing them first works better for me in the long run! Keep it up man, that shoulder injury will be a thing of the past soon!
(#18)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-09-2013, 09:12 AM

You got it brother...we both been here before and will get there again

(#19)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-13-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0yled0tc0m View Post
Looking like it is the straight and narrow for you huh? Quick question for you beef, do you do abs before or after chest or whatever area your working? I personally feel doing them first works better for me in the long run! Keep it up man, that shoulder injury will be a thing of the past soon!

Haha I have to admit I skipped / forget about abs all the time... Didnt even do them that night.. haha. I try to switch stuff up WHEN I actually do it. So one time I'd start with chest, the next abs. Just try to rotate everything to keep the body guessing constantly.

(#20)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 08-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearnonebutOne View Post
You got it brother...we both been here before and will get there again

YEAH BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!