IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Cardio, Losing Fat & Cutting Down
Reload this Page The Cardio Conundrum
Cardio, Losing Fat & Cutting Down Cardiovascular exercise, high intensity interval training, and exercise routines to burn excess fat. Helpful diet tips for looking your leanest.

The Cardio Conundrum
(#1)
Old
xozzie1x is on a distinguished road

Default The Cardio Conundrum - 12-01-2012, 09:37 AM

Alright Guys..I usually read these forms to get answers to my questions..but this one seems to be everyone has their own opinion, or the circumstances are different for everyone..

Lets assume for the sake of the conversation, that the person asking the question has his diet in check, is happy with their "size" but the definition isn't there in the vanity places. Arms, shoulders, and belly. What kind of cardio routine would you guys get into? Is everyday too much? is 3 times a week not enough, is 20 mins HIIT the way to go, or should he be doing 45 mins walking briskly at a minimal incline?

By the way, shin splints are ruining this guys life..
(#2)
Old

Default 12-01-2012, 09:40 AM

Also, I read somewhere one time, that whatever muscle group you hit that day, cardio will more directly effect that muscle group for "fat loss" because you're already engaging that area and its pre exhausted or whatever. Wanted to see if there's any truth to that as well.
(#3)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-02-2012, 11:00 PM

I don't believe in spot reduction in any method other than liposuction.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#4)
Old
CandyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Default 12-03-2012, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
I don't believe in spot reduction in any method other than liposuction.
I didn't even think you believed in liposuction!! Lol is someone confirming you?

CG!!
(#5)
Old

Default 12-03-2012, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xozzie1x View Post
Also, I read somewhere one time, that whatever muscle group you hit that day, cardio will more directly effect that muscle group for "fat loss" because you're already engaging that area and its pre exhausted or whatever. Wanted to see if there's any truth to that as well.
I've never heard this and from my standpoint cannot be true. I hit my legs and bum area 3x a week and do cardio on the starimaster and high incline treadmill and still have issues. IMHO liposuction maybe my only answer.

CG!!
(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-03-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyGirl View Post
I didn't even think you believed in liposuction!! Lol is someone confirming you?

CG!!
No I don't like it but it is the only method I know of for "spot reduction" that was the point I tried to make

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#7)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 12-03-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Alright Guys..I usually read these forms to get answers to my questions..but this one seems to be everyone has their own opinion, or the circumstances are different for everyone..

Lets assume for the sake of the conversation, that the person asking the question has his diet in check, is happy with their "size" but the definition isn't there in the vanity places. Arms, shoulders, and belly. What kind of cardio routine would you guys get into? Is everyday too much? is 3 times a week not enough, is 20 mins HIIT the way to go, or should he be doing 45 mins walking briskly at a minimal incline?

By the way, shin splints are ruining this guys life..
In all my experiences i've had to give up some size for leanness. Just the nature of the process. But he will see that leaner he comes the more muscular he will appear.

Cardio depends soley on his diet. Sometimes people do cardio everyday so that they can eat more. Anyway it goes there must be balance between his cardio and his diet.

More cardio = more eating
Less cardio = less eating

If he is eating a balanced diet, meaning just enough macros to maintain, then i would recommend his cardio regiment to be three 30 min LISS cardio sessions per week and one 20min HIIT session.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#8)
Old

Default 12-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
No I don't like it but it is the only method I know of for "spot reduction" that was the point I tried to make
Agreed. I firmly believe this us true.

CG!!
(#9)
Old

Default 12-04-2012, 05:36 PM

Excellent, thanks. Looks like it's time to start being a little more conscious of what the diet is more specifically, instead of ending that sentence with "more or less"
(#10)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 12-05-2012, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Excellent, thanks. Looks like it's time to start being a little more conscious of what the diet is more specifically, instead of ending that sentence with "more or less"
Haha! True.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#11)
Old