IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Female Training and Nutrition Forum
Reload this Page Supplements recommended for shredding/ weight loss
Female Training and Nutrition Forum Forum dedicated to female training and nutrition. Discuss exercises, weight loss, supplements, nutrition, and staying in shape.

Supplements recommended for shredding/ weight loss
(#1)
Old
Kseriano is on a distinguished road

Smile Supplements recommended for shredding/ weight loss - 04-16-2012, 09:04 PM

hello i am new to this sight, i work out a lot: spin, weights, cardio, yoga, swimming, i love to cross train, however i have been at it hard core for two years now and i am still unable to lose the last 10 lbs!

in addition, i haven't noticed myself getting much stronger?

would anyone have any recommendation for a good supplement to take for weight loss and shredding?

thank you much in advance!
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 04-16-2012, 09:42 PM

Welcome! With all that you said you do, I'd look at diet first! The saying "you can't outrun a bad diet" is true 99% of the time. Marathon runners may be an exception!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jobn5h
Sent via tapatalk. Get the app for your smartphone now and look how cool IPYU works with it!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#3)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 04-16-2012, 10:55 PM

And to add to ricks its pretty hard to gain strength when cutting. You gain strength more for when you bulk up and put on some mass. Some good fat burners are oxyelite and lipo 6. Just make sure your diet is good though maybe that's all you need

OFWGKTA
(#4)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 04-16-2012, 11:15 PM

Welcome to the site!!

Like these two gentlemen have stated, it could possibly be your diet. If you could post what your daily diet looks like we could help you tweak it to lose that final 10lbs!

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#5)
Old

Default 04-17-2012, 08:11 AM

hey guys! i appreciate the responses! i feel that you are probably right on! i have not had the best diet in the world...i eat clean however do not feel that i eat enough pre and post work outs! i have read that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. however all my adult life, i have never eaten breakfast....i am slowly trying to incorporate breakfast into my diet. i will usually eat something small, a protein shake, an apple or some grapes...for lunch i will have another piece of fruit...i hate to say this, however my biggest meal is dinner...it will usually consist of salad with parm cheese, olive oil, a piece of fish, some beans and a 1/2 cup of almonds.

i know, too much at night, right? that is what a typical day looks like for me though. i also deal with a lot of bloating issues.

i am a vegetarian, however i have incorporated seafood into my diet. i do eat yogurt and some cheeses too.

any feedback is much appreciated! thanks all for the support!

my ulitmate goal is to gain strength (i'm still lifting the same weight as when i started with the weights two years ago!) and lose weight (10 lbs)
(#6)
Old

Default 04-17-2012, 08:35 AM

Well lets make a choice here. What do you want first, strength or fat loss? I would personally go with fat loss first because summer is right around the corner and everyone wants that beach body

OFWGKTA
(#7)
Old

Default 04-17-2012, 08:42 AM

LOL...i want it all! all joking aside, definitely FAT LOSS FIRST!!
(#8)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 04-17-2012, 09:25 AM

When you say you "eat clean" are you also watching portion sizes? Just because food is "clean" does not mean you can eat more of it. Calories are calories...clean or dirty. You can lose weight even with junk food. Having your total caloric intake under control and spacing out 5-7 meals per day will help tremendously!

Sent via tapatalk. Get the app for your smartphone now and look how cool IPYU works with it!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#9)
Old

Default 04-17-2012, 09:27 AM

Alright well get yourself a solid cutting meal plan just Google it and I'm sure things will come up. Adjust it to fit Your life (because some of them think you have all the time in the world to make a gourmet meal and in actuality your busy as hell and have maybe 5 min) get a fat burner if you would like to help aid a tiny bit but remember its not a magic pill. Do reps between 10-15 so you can get really defined. And there ya go, your life in a nutshell ha

OFWGKTA
(#10)
Old

Default 04-17-2012, 10:11 AM

hey guys, thanks much for the tips! i have been watching portion sizes and since i have started eating more throughout the day, i have noticed i am not as hungry at night time. i am going to continue to work on "Having my total caloric intake under control and spacing out 5-7 meals per day..." this is great! wish me luck!! peace...
(#11)
Old
AX

Default 04-17-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
When you say you "eat clean" are you also watching portion sizes? Just because food is "clean" does not mean you can eat more of it. Calories are calories...clean or dirty. You can lose weight even with junk food. Having your total caloric intake under control and spacing out 5-7 meals per day will help tremendously!

Heck sign me up!!!!

Yes breakfast is a very important meal, but the post-workout meal is also, if not the most important. Like Rick said, portion control. I went out and bought a little scale from Walmart for like $10, and it has helped me tremendously with my food portions.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#12)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-17-2012, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog324 View Post
Heck sign me up!!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

I'm just saying it can be done. Now we have a more specific type of weight loss we are doing. Lose as much fat as we can without muscle. You can't do that on junk food as I'm sure you are aware.

(#13)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-17-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kseriano View Post
hey guys, thanks much for the tips! i have been watching portion sizes and since i have started eating more throughout the day, i have noticed i am not as hungry at night time. i am going to continue to work on "Having my total caloric intake under control and spacing out 5-7 meals per day..." this is great! wish me luck!! peace...
What is your target weight and how much over that are you? We can help you come up with a target calorie total per day if you need us to.

(#14)
Old

Default 04-17-2012, 04:36 PM

hey there- this info has been helpful...i am so well aware of the importance of proper hydration and proper nutrition..however, i have fallen short on the nutrition...i know that i am working on my pre and post work out meals...eat 30 minutes after a work out, correct? so here are my stats: 5 ft, 110 lbs, want leaner legs, hips, glutes, i work out 7 days a week because i love it! i take a cardio blast 60 minute class on monday's which consists of a lot of jumping jacks, burpie, push-ups! which is what i need more strength for! also pylometrics, high impact aerobics...tues night 60 min spin class, wed 90 min vinyassa flow yoga (a lot of planks, push ups, up dog, downward dog) which is what i need strength for as well! thurs and fri night a 90 minute bikram yoga class...finally sat i take a 60 min weights class at 8.30am, 9.30am cardio blast and 10am a 60 minute spin class....sunday's 8.30am spin, 9.45am weights (requires a lot of strength!) i do swim as well occassionally on sunday and every other saturday....do not want to gain weight, want to lose weight and get LEAN AND STRONG!!! would like to weigh 98 lbs...

thanks again guys!

Last edited by Kseriano; 04-17-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: add info
(#15)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-17-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kseriano View Post
hey there- this info has been helpful...i am so well aware of the importance of proper hydration and proper nutrition..however, i have fallen short on the nutrition...i know that i am working on my pre and post work out meals...eat 30 minutes after a work out, correct? so here are my stats: 5 ft, 110 lbs, want leaner legs, hips, glutes, i work out 7 days a week because i love it! i take a cardio blast 60 minute class on monday's which consists of a lot of jumping jacks, burpie, push-ups! which is what i need more strength for! also pylometrics, high impact aerobics...tues night 60 min spin class, wed 90 min vinyassa flow yoga (a lot of planks, push ups, up dog, downward dog) which is what i need strength for as well! thurs and fri night a 90 minute bikram yoga class...finally sat i take a 60 min weights class at 8.30am, 9.30am cardio blast and 10am a 60 minute spin class....sunday's 8.30am spin, 9.45am weights (requires a lot of strength!) i do swim as well occassionally on sunday and every other saturday....do not want to gain weight, want to lose weight and get LEAN AND STRONG!!! would like to weigh 98 lbs...

thanks again guys!

As close as you are to your target, if you improve your diet I think you should key mostly on what you see in the mirror and less on the scale. Because done properly...you may gain a little muscle as you lose some fat. That's a hard thing to pull off, but if you've been eating wrong...it can be doable to a small degree.

(#16)
Old
AX

Default 04-17-2012, 05:13 PM

I think you should throw in some rest days. 7 days a week seems to be a bit much. I know it's a lot of cardio-styled workouts but I would still throw in maybe one or two days for rest.
Rick nailed it on the head by using the mirror. If you start to see results in the mirror but you aren't moving down on the scale, it's because you are gaining muscle instead of fat. Muscle weighs more than fat. When I was on my cut I would weigh myself once a week. I didn't want to get to obsessed with the scale, and I focused more on what the mirror was telling me.

Pre-workout I consume a protein shake. Post-workout I immediately drink another shake, and then an hour later eat a meal consisting of proteins and carbohydrates.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

(#17)
Old

Default 04-17-2012, 08:08 PM

hello- thx for the feedback...rest? lol...don't know how to...i feel like i am "resting" 8 hours a day, 5 days a week at work...however i do sit on a balance ball as my chair at my desk at work. i also try to get up and move as much as possible. sometimes i am able to get a quick work out in over lunch.

i try to get some crunches in while working! yes, ppl do look at me strange...ha ha...i feel like the biggest challenge at work is being a fish out of water...years ago when i worked at a gym for a living, eating healthy and working out was the norm, now it's not the case at all!

being the height that i am, i feel like my food has no where to go...10 lbs on someone my height and weight, looks like 2 lbs on someone 6 ft.

needless to say, i am definitley commited to improving my diet. i am also choosing not to obsess with the scale...i have an ideal weight in mind, however i know it's just a number. it comes down to how i look in the mirror, as you guys said.

i really dig this site, your feedback has been right on! healthy, helpful and supportive!

looking foward to reaching my goals...every day one step closer...peace.
(#18)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 04-18-2012, 08:32 AM

Being active is great, but taking a day off each week could be good for you. I only work out 4 days a week, but will be stepping it up to 5 soon. Rest is when your muscles grow...of course if you've fed them properly. Many people think you grow muscle in the gym, but it's simply not so. We tear ourselves down in the gym...then feed our bodies good nutrition and rest it to grow. And remember this....the more muscle you have, the more diet forgiveness you can have (within reason). It takes more fuel to run a "hot rod".