IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Female Training and Nutrition Forum
Reload this Page Need advice help tips on how to get rid of outer thigh fat!!
Female Training and Nutrition Forum Forum dedicated to female training and nutrition. Discuss exercises, weight loss, supplements, nutrition, and staying in shape.

Need advice help tips on how to get rid of outer thigh fat!!
(#1)
Old
CandyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Default Need advice help tips on how to get rid of outer thigh fat!! - 03-18-2012, 04:53 AM

Help me out friends! My outer thigh has this fat pocket and short of liposuction its the last thing I need to get rid of before competition in 11 weeks. I do 35' stair master in the am and then 35' of hiit cardio with the legs at night 6x a week. I do legs twice a week which include quads hams butt outer inner thigh calves. I also push the sled with 10# weights twice a week 5x and between the sled I use a blue theraband around my ankles to do a deep squat side lunge/crab walk. To keep my heart rate up, I usually work out with two other ppl, I do box jumps side to side jumps or side kickboxing moves inbeteeen their sets till its my tirn To no help this "Fat Pocket" will not disappear. When I tried my suit on and did my 1/4 turns for my trainer he said "I look great, but I'll never send you on stage if we can't get rid of those " . I was devastated and about had a Breakdown. After months of all the above my trainer is stumped and had called upon outside resources who now say cut more calories. I'm down to 1100 calories. If this helps I'm 37, 143# and 5'8"
Any ideas tips exercises would be greatly appreciated. I've been working my add off for the last 3.5 months to be in show condition and do not want they liposuction at this stage in the game.
Thanks everyone.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?mwhl3c
CG!!
(#2)
Old
penkalk is on a distinguished road

Default 03-18-2012, 07:58 PM

I'm no expert but I was always told and read that fat distribution is pretty much genetic and short of losing more fat (which you're already doing) or surgery there is not much anyone can do to affect it Hope I'm wrong and sorry that I'm no help.
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 03-19-2012, 12:31 AM

First: get that lipo thinking out of your head, relax, repair your confidence, and keep doing what your doing.

There is no spot fat reduction but if your still slowly dropping weight you will eventually start taking it from that area.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cbje3w
(#4)
Old

Default 03-19-2012, 04:29 AM

Thanks OTK, This area makes me have way to much patience!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?lnwu45
CG!!
(#5)
Old
penkalk is on a distinguished road

Default 03-19-2012, 07:37 AM

true, if your still losing fat, eventually your body will have no choice but to get rid of it
(#6)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-19-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
. I was devastated and about had a Breakdown. After months of all the above my trainer is stumped and had called upon outside resources who now say cut more calories. I'm down to 1100 calories. If this helps I'm 37, 143# and 5'8"
Any ideas tips exercises would be greatly appreciated. I've been working my add off for the last 3.5 months to be in show condition and do not want they liposuction at this stage in the game.
Thanks everyone.
Kris is right. I think you "trainer" is full of crap. for wanting you at this point to cut calories even lower. That means you are verging on loosing muscle as well. If anything up the cardio Burning more means more fat burned I see no reason to go that low on calories. In fact that is kinda dangerous IMO There reaches a certain point that if you are way under what your BMR is you start damaging your body and it will start to horde every calorie in your body just to keep the main organs functioning.

This really pisses me off Candy because trainers should know better to tell people to go even lower on the calorie scale when they know this is a person's health they are dealing with. I've seen it happen before where women that train for these shows get so low on calories and work so hard it ends up screwing with their hormone balance and some of the first things that start shutting down is the kidneys.

Any trainer worth his salt will manipulate your diet Like carb cycling or even Keto. and up the cardio burn. Your resistance stuff has to be pretty much maintenance at this point because your just trying to hold on to as much muscle as possible. Especially women who carry a little bit higher body fat percentage as well and also hold more fluid as well too.

Sorry for the rant. I just want to see you do good but not at the expense of your health.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#7)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -
emekajokammor is just really nice emekajokammor is just really nice

Default 03-19-2012, 10:03 AM

I'm in th boat with Mac on this one. Very fustrated with your trainers response.

Does your trainer expect you to be stage ready at 11wks? You can be hard but not harsh. Especially not to the point of discouraging your client. That's not cool.

Candy, 11wks is a looooooonnnggg time in contest prep time. You'll get to the point, maybe the wk 5 point, where you'll see changes almost daily. This is a very exciting point in your prep. Keep grinding and keep you head up

This same area has been an area that my wife begin to worry about as well. As you continue to lean out you'll begin to notice separation between your quad and hammie, particularly in a bent knee position. With as hard as your working, it'll come. My wife is now 3wks out and her's is now visible.

There's something in your prep that is, IMO, couterproductive. 35 mins of HIIT 6 times a wk will boost catabolism and increase muscle wasting. And at 1100 calories per day, which anything under 1200 calories needs to be doctor recommended, your chances of holding on to muscle while your body uses fat for energy are very low. Your body is using all of those 1100 calories, fat, muscle, and anything else it can to generate energy.

There is a thing as too much cardio. And at 11 wks out, i would say that is too much cardio. Cardio should be used to help in fat burning, not to be the source of your fat burning. Cardio is the bridge between diet and training, it mainly makes up for what diet isn't/can't do.

Lastly, liposuction is not an option.

Emeka "The MeNAcE"Okammor

Visit me at www.EmekaOkammor.com

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

Luke 1:37
"For with God nothing shall be impossible."

Ronnie Coleman Signature Series V.I.P. Athlete

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#8)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 03-19-2012, 10:10 AM

Didn't realize i had som much to say, lol

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-19-2012, 12:33 PM

well it alot of good things to say.

I will say this final thing also. As a woman you are going to carry a little more fat right in that area anyway. As you already know Women carry fat in their hips and buttocks more than men.

You will succeed in this I have no doubt just be smart about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emekajokammor View Post

(#10)
Old

Default 03-20-2012, 05:56 PM

Good advice ESP on the calories. Should I back off the twice a day cardio till 5 weeks out? And up my calories then? Omeka, was your wife just as frustrated? It's very frustrating. I've posed down in front of a few judges that judge other shows and they suggested that If the fat pockets were still there to not go on stage due to not being show ready. Due to my thigh fat pockets. No keto or carb cycling diet prescribed and not talked about at this point. I am seeing results in all other places except those Dang fat pockets. My posing suit makes it look worse. Even with the 5" heels!! My vascularity is coming on my arms and now my chest, my cap is finally on my delts and my calves finally have the split in the middle Its so frustrating. I'm sure guys have areas too that are their problem areas so I know y'all understand. Ugh!!! I keep waiting for the thighs to come in and yes 11 weeks is a ways away, I'm just impatient. Ok so at 5 weeks out I'll hopefully see better results. Why does it have to be so difficult?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?zgzufb
CG!!
(#11)
Old

Default 03-20-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
No I love all the advice and since being new to this and my first show I appreciate all the information!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5cikdg
CG!!
(#12)
Old

Default 03-20-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
well it alot of good things to say.

I will say this final thing also. As a woman you are going to carry a little more fat right in that area anyway. As you already know Women carry fat in their hips and buttocks more than men.

You will succeed in this I have no doubt just be smart about it.
Def trying to be smart and no I do not want lipo. Afraid of the complications and to much time off from the gym.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ln3hqm
CG!!
(#13)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 03-21-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyGirl View Post
Why does it have to be so difficult?
lol, replace that word with unique and it is easier to handle. The only sport that i can think of that is 24/7.

Be encourged, you got this.

As for my wife's fustration, she was VERY fustrated because she felt like with all the work she was putting in and dieting, it was not adding up correctly. Sure you can relate.

I don't want to step on your trainer's toes. You should ask him/her what are the future plans for your cardio and training. Where does it go from here? Increase? Decrease? As well as, altering your calorie intake. This process is EXTREMELY taxing on the female body and safety should be considered.

Now problem is, most prep coaches have a my way or the highway attitude and take it as disrespect when someone questions them. Hope your coach is cool.

You are doing great, vascularity, delt development, calf development all scream LEAN!!

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#14)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 03-21-2012, 10:02 AM

Also, how much weight are you dropping for this show?

www.thesimplefitness.com
Tell a friend...
(#15)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-21-2012, 10:06 AM

very good advice emeka.

Candy I'm sure you will do fine. just keep busting your ass. I'll make a deal with you I promise to do 3 cardio's a day if you will keep after it like you are doing. If I know you are busting through this I will bust right through with you.

(#16)
Old
IPYU Resident Supplement Expert
TimM will become famous soon enough

Default 03-21-2012, 10:31 AM

CG,
You will lose it. Just hold tight. You can improve drastically in 11 weeks. The calories are way too low. You need to be at 1,500 prob. I eat 2,000 at 200 lbs precontest. Way too much high intensity cardio. Emeka is right. That will burn your muscle.
I know this sounds dumb, but you actually can spot reduce. Not by exercise though. Hormones make you hold fat in different areas. Also too much low intensity cardio can make you you hold fat in your legs. I would consider an estrogen blocker. Also an anti-cortisol supplement too. I don't know where you are diet wise as far as carbs and fat.
I would to hit 200 grams of protein, 150 carbs, and around 20 grams of fat. Daily.
That will actually put you right around the 1,500 calorie mark (1,580 cals)
Replace a high intensity cardio with a low intesity cardio as well.
You got this!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Muriello
www.IllPumpYouUp.com
Fitness and Supplement Expert
(#17)
Old

Default 03-21-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
lol, replace that word with unique and it is easier to handle. The only sport that i can think of that is 24/7.

Be encourged, you got this.

As for my wife's fustration, she was VERY fustrated because she felt like with all the work she was putting in and dieting, it was not adding up correctly. Sure you can relate.

I don't want to step on your trainer's toes. You should ask him/her what are the future plans for your cardio and training. Where does it go from here? Increase? Decrease? As well as, altering your calorie intake. This process is EXTREMELY taxing on the female body and safety should be considered.

Now problem is, most prep coaches have a my way or the highway attitude and take it as disrespect when someone questions them. Hope your coach is cool.

You are doing great, vascularity, delt development, calf development all scream LEAN!!
Very good read and made me feel better. Thank you. And I understand your wife's angst. Exactly how I feel. I refigured my calories at about 1200-1300 depending on how hungry I am that day. I spoke with the trainer and he said we could back off cardio in the am for now until 8 weeks out then well try it again. Alter calories in 3 weeks I believe. Maybe 5 weeks. He's afraid I'll get to lean as I'm very lean up top. 34" bust and 26" waist then hips are 38"!!! Yikes. Lol

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2ocd4h
CG!!
(#18)
Old

Default 03-21-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
very good advice emeka.

Candy I'm sure you will do fine. just keep busting your ass. I'll make a deal with you I promise to do 3 cardio's a day if you will keep after it like you are doing. If I know you are busting through this I will bust right through with you.
Sounds good to me. I can track it ine here as well. I've slacked off this week cause I'm worn out!! If I know I have someone else counting on me it def motivates my goal. Thank you mac!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ny4wyz
CG!!
(#19)
Old

Default 03-21-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimM View Post
CG,
You will lose it. Just hold tight. You can improve drastically in 11 weeks. The calories are way too low. You need to be at 1,500 prob. I eat 2,000 at 200 lbs precontest. Way too much high intensity cardio. Emeka is right. That will burn your muscle.
I know this sounds dumb, but you actually can spot reduce. Not by exercise though. Hormones make you hold fat in different areas. Also too much low intensity cardio can make you you hold fat in your legs. I would consider an estrogen blocker. Also an anti-cortisol supplement too. I don't know where you are diet wise as far as carbs and fat.
I would to hit 200 grams of protein, 150 carbs, and around 20 grams of fat. Daily.
That will actually put you right around the 1,500 calorie mark (1,580 cals)
Replace a high intensity cardio with a low intesity cardio as well.
You got this!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks tim! do you have a specific estrogen or anti cortisol on mind or is there one better than another. I'm on a supp list at specific times. Just started this. Not sure of my ratios I do know I'm getting about 24 g protein per meal. Last carb is at lunch 4 oz sweet potato. No cheat meals anymore. ;(

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?goch3q
CG!!

http://www.illpumpyouup.com/driven-s...ean-xtreme.htm
http://www.illpumpyouup.com/hi-tech/estrogenex.htm

CG,
Check these two out.
Keep us posted!!!!

Last edited by TimM; 03-22-2012 at 01:42 PM.
(#20)
Old
RCSS
- IPYU GURU -

Default 03-21-2012, 12:43 PM

Tim touched on something very important, HIIT.

I do it twice a week. 1 time for 10min and another time for 5min. I'm saving 5min in my second session for just in case i need an extra boost.

Wed
5min warm up
10min HIIT
10min cool down
25min LI cardio

Sat
5min warmup
5min HIIT
5min cool down
35min other cardio stuff