IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Workout Equipment
Reload this Page knee wraps and hooks.
Workout Equipment In a time where more people are getting their own home equipment this forum is for discussing home,commercial and Homeade workout equipment. Rate and Tell us what you think is best.

knee wraps and hooks.
(#1)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default knee wraps and hooks. - 09-08-2010, 03:19 PM

im getting tired of not being able do legs properly so i was thinking of getting some knee wraps to atleast be able to get a workout in. im goin to an ortho appointment on tues im gona run this by him.
also im getting a pair of hooks,i have a good pair of leather straps that work pretty good for normal sets but doing super,giant or monster sets it takes some time to set up with the straps.mac suggested hold-ons a while ago and since i broke the last 2 pair of golds gym hooks ive had i think im gona go with the hold-ons there a bit pricey but once i get them ill let you guys know how they work out for me.

Controlled labs supps.
(#2)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -
brad1224 is a jewel in the rough

Default 09-08-2010, 06:01 PM

dude knee wraps are the way to go...i will never do legs with out them ever again!!!

seriously your knees will thank you. what kind are you getting. i got pro grade. little high in price but well worth it!

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllAmericanEFX
Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com
(#3)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 09-08-2010, 06:05 PM

not sure what kind i just started looking.but thanks for the info.

Controlled labs supps.
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 09-08-2010, 06:26 PM

Back when I could squat a good bit heavier, I couldn't imagine going without them. But now, my back is my bottleneck....soooo....I'm just hoping one day I'll need knee wraps again!

I am interested in those hooks! Could come in heavy on back day I think.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -

Default 09-08-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recarp82 View Post
not sure what kind i just started looking.but thanks for the info.
http://www.prowriststraps.com/knee_w...weight_lifting

thats where i got mine. i got the "blue mambas"

Obsession is what weaklings call the dedicated, do or die, never give up, if you are not 110 into bodybuilding get the fuck out now, rip it off the floor and lift, IF THE BAR AINT BENDING YOUR JUST PRETENDING!

AAEFX Rep

(#6)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 09-08-2010, 09:48 PM

Damn man. This is the fourth or fifth thread that has made me want to get knee wraps. I think I'm gonna make the smart move like recarp and grab some
(#7)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 09-09-2010, 06:43 AM

I couldnít make it with out my knee wraps. The security of them holding everything in place adds confidence to my lifts.
I slid out on the dirt bike 2 weeks ago and got a bang to the inside of my lft knee. It felt fine but was a little puffy, next morning the swelling was gone but my knee just felt less than 100% I was thinking about leaving off squats but I wrapped my knee and the first set felt fine, and even though 135X10 for 4 sets is all I did the last set felt better than the first and I like that.

There is a site where Getstrong gets his lifting stuff called iron scene. They often have deals where you can buy one get one free on wrist wraps and knee wraps.

And the rebound yeah you will like it. Just makes my legs feel solid at the bottom of a squat or dead.

Canít say on the hooks, I have used a pair but I work on grip so much I tend to use a raw grip, but I do like the tight feel of straps.

If you go to a power lifting meet you often find vendors selling stuff cheap. Big Neal and Getstrong have hooked up on some stuff that way.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#8)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 09-09-2010, 07:20 AM

bein here in the uk there options are limited from what ive found so far.theres a power lifting gym in the area i think ill go there and see what they got.
well i orderd some scheik competition wraps and some scheik hooks.should have them i a few days.let you know how it goes.

Controlled labs supps.

Last edited by recarp82; 09-09-2010 at 07:56 AM.
(#9)
Old
naug44 has a spectacular aura about

Default 09-11-2010, 01:01 PM

I am definitely in the market for some knee wraps and hooks. Just haven’t had the time to look for them. Keep us posted on what ever brand you decide.
(#10)
Old
AA EFX
- B-RAD -

Default 09-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
bein here in the uk there options are limited from what ive found so far.theres a power lifting gym in the area i think ill go there and see what they got.
well i orderd some scheik competition wraps and some scheik hooks.should have them i a few days.let you know how it goes.
good deal!

legs will thank you lol

AAEFX Rep

(#11)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 09-11-2010, 03:01 PM

the hooks came today and there pretty heavy duty,ill try them out tomorow.

Controlled labs supps.
(#12)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 09-12-2010, 03:46 PM

i used the hooks today during my monster sets for back and they worked great.they fit tight around the wrist and are padded pretty good.the hook is rubber coated for a good non slip grip on the bar.there scheik power lifting hooks model 1200.when the straps come ill let ya know hoe that goes.

Controlled labs supps.
(#13)
Old
stardik is on a distinguished road

Default 09-14-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad1224 View Post
dude knee wraps are the way to go...i will never do legs with out them ever again!!!

seriously your knees will thank you. what kind are you getting. i got pro grade. little high in price but well worth it!
Thanks for catching that

I'm Stardik - Fitness Lover

And I won't spam this forum ANY MORE because RickB asked me not to. K?
(#14)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 09-15-2010, 03:40 AM

they came yesterday,i got pro comp velcro-cnp-.it was the best leg workout ive had in years.no joint pain what so ever.i used them during squats and hack squats.once i figured out the proper fitting sequence they fit great and worked better then expected.

Controlled labs supps.
(#15)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 09-16-2010, 02:08 AM

thats great to hear recarp, sounds like they should be a staple to any squatter!

ive seen people say they actually improved their squat numbers with wraps, did you notice the weight feeling any easier?
(#16)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 09-16-2010, 02:14 AM

thanks otk,i havent done legs,seriously,in 8 months and can say i went heavier on this day then i thought id be able to.i went down deeper then i ever have.give me a couple weeks or so and ill answer that a bit better.

Controlled labs supps.
(#17)
Old
sniperteam will become famous soon enough

Default 10-13-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
thanks otk,i havent done legs,seriously,in 8 months and can say i went heavier on this day then i thought id be able to.i went down deeper then i ever have.give me a couple weeks or so and ill answer that a bit better.
How are the wraps going? I have to say, I am very fortuanate to have never had a knee injury or any problems. I used them for a few weks when I started squatting heavy, but have not had a knee wrap on in over 2 years.

Elite Freak @ Enhance Genetics
Proven VIP @ The VIP Board
(#18)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -

Default 10-13-2010, 02:01 PM

the wraps are great.i havent had any knee pain since i started using them.i dont want another knee op so their gona have a place in my leg workouts for now on.id definitly suggest them to someone who has had knee problems.

Controlled labs supps.