IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Gaming Forum
Reload this Page Gaming for Fitness.
Gaming Forum We all have downtime from the gym, this is the place to discuss your favorite games, reviews and the newest of news in the gaming world. Everything from Xbox 360, Playstation 3 , Wii or even PC gaming. This is the place to talk about it.

Gaming for Fitness.
(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default Gaming for Fitness. - 08-27-2009, 11:44 AM

I just had a thought on a fun way to play some video games.

See I have a lot of run and gun type games and I thought it would be kinda cool to use these as a tool while doing cardio.

While the Wii has Wii fitness the other systems really don't have that much to offer unless you buy certain controllers to do the movements but I was thinking about this.

This morning I was ridding my stationary bike and thought. Hmmmm when cut scenes come on I would really start pedalling fast or when I had to read something to pedal fast and get my heart rate up. Now, some cut scenes can last 1 to 2 minutes. When the scene is over. play the game back at normal pace. This right here would increase reaction time after awhile because you will get better with time as your heart rate increases.

This way of playing really got me thinking that this would not make cardio so damn boring. and actually make it fun. I just can't listen to music and get stoked. watching TV really doesn't do anything for me and then you just become monotonous in the act of what every you are doing.

Granded this really works better on a stationary bike or recumbant bike but I still think this is a good way to increase your heart rate while still enjoying playing a game.

As you get better you can up the resistance on the bike and get a really good leg workout.

What I will be doing in the morning is getting up going outside waking to loosen up and getting on this bike as much as I can during the week days to experiment with this. Hell I might even do it at night on my normal playing times.

Comments suggestions are welcome.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-28-2009, 09:54 AM

Last night I did cardio doing it the way I explained and let me say something. I'm going to have to put in another game that I can train with because this will work your ass off.

I will explain more later. This is really cool.

I suggest if you have a stationary bike and access to a video game to do this.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#3)
Old
symondhelly is on a distinguished road

Default 03-04-2010, 03:58 AM

I really like this game, as it is enjoyable and good to health. The game is genuinely designed to help you keep fit. The tasks are not set to be too easy so that you get not only the satisfaction and fun, but also exercises and consumption of excess energy. One thing I wonder is that we may rather go to a gym regularly if we are so determined to keep fit.
I don't think I can improve my health without the endurance to play Wii Fit regularly.
However, with this endurance, I may get a more comprehensive training at a gym.
(#4)
Old
tyciol is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to tyciol
Default 03-28-2011, 06:37 PM

Just as long as the bike was quiet enough to not distract me from the gameplay and had a comfortable seat.

I wonder if you could combine this with Wii boxing.