IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Is coffee okay?
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

(#21)
Old
CandyGirl is a jewel in the rough

Default 06-12-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
Here's my question, is it Okay to drink coffee and take a thermogenic in the morning at the same time? Such as a fat burner, ect. Or is it too much caffeine.

Hmmm.... Well is that any different than taking a thermogenic preworkout then while working out drink your preworkout out beverage? I've done that plenty of times. As well as taking an oxyelite with a swallow of dark magic coffee!! I believe each body is different. It's what you can tolerate. Also what your ingesting. Different levels of caffeine in each pill or drink. Good question and I'm curious of everyone's answers.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jyiuwp
CG!!
(#22)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 06-13-2012, 12:57 AM

I dont care if it kills me, I can't make it through work without my coffee.
French press + Kenya grounds = got me fixing trucks like there's no tomorrow.
(#23)
Old
hondo is on a distinguished road

Default 07-17-2012, 09:02 AM

It is just the excessive dose of caffeine that's usually within coffee that can be dangerous to specific individuals. Caffeine is damaging you. It increases your heartbeat, which can bring about stress, over strain, etc. But caffeine also leads to cysts found in the body,

Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.
Personal Trainer in Sydney

Last edited by hondo; 07-21-2012 at 06:26 AM.
(#24)
Old
Axler is on a distinguished road

Default 02-19-2013, 01:10 PM

Too much of everything can be negative,Coffee is somehow good for health but if you take to much on daily basis then it can be be bad.
Take one or two cups per day that will keep you away from fats will make your heart clean from cholesterol.

Last edited by Axler; 02-23-2013 at 09:08 AM.
(#25)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 02-22-2013, 10:22 AM

See it's good for you, till you get sick, then it's not good for you.

PAPAW'S (PGS) BLOG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PAPAW For This Useful Post:
RoaringMad Mac (04-07-2014)
(#26)
Old
getbigger11 is on a distinguished road

Default 04-04-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnD View Post
Here's my question, is it Okay to drink coffee and take a thermogenic in the morning at the same time? Such as a fat burner, ect. Or is it too much caffeine.
Reall depends on yourself. I personally don't reccommend it because too much stimulents is bad. Coffee is a whole food so the caffeine is absorbed differently.

I make videos on youtube http://youtube.com/keepitfire2
(#27)
Old
19dan89 is on a distinguished road

Default 04-09-2014, 09:38 AM

I don't normally drink coffee, so when I do I get quite a stimulation from it, making it great before the gym. However, sometimes it gives me a bad stomach, so I generally don't drink it too much.
(#28)
Old
cafffeine is on a distinguished road

Default 07-12-2016, 08:47 AM

coffee is okay, caffeine is good to refresh
(#29)
Old
food123 is on a distinguished road

Default 08-20-2016, 11:05 PM

i think coffee is okay, everyday i drink it
(#30)
Old
eatliftsleep is on a distinguished road

Default 10-10-2016, 10:25 AM

Caffeine can cause dehydration, that's correct. However, consuming it in moderate amounts shouldn't hurt, so my advice is - don't over do it.
Yes
(#31)
Old
kyjames12 is on a distinguished road

Default Yes - 07-10-2017, 08:31 PM

It's much healthier than its alternative pre-workouts and such.
(#32)
Old
DocPump is on a distinguished road

Default 12-10-2018, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckFinley View Post
I usually try to keep my coffee intake to my saturday morning/ end of week treat with my donut. But, aside from obvious dehydration, is there any proof one way or the other as far is it is bad, or good for you? My mother is always calling me with new health food articles, one week it's bad, the next its good. Any ideas?

Oh, and the main reason this came to mind is I saw a guy in the gym this morning, real early, drinking a gas station coffee during his workout! I think i'd rather be hydrated than awake at that point!

There is absolutely nothing with having coffee daily, until you are taking it under safe limits. The safe limit of caffeine intake for an average adult is 100mg/day. So you can have 2-3 cups of coffee without having it affect your health adversely. But if you have any pre-existing conditions that might flare up owing to caffeine- it would be better to confirm it with your doctor first.
(#33)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-11-2018, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocPump View Post
There is absolutely nothing with having coffee daily, until you are taking it under safe limits. The safe limit of caffeine intake for an average adult is 100mg/day. So you can have 2-3 cups of coffee without having it affect your health adversely. But if you have any pre-existing conditions that might flare up owing to caffeine- it would be better to confirm it with your doctor first.

Agreed!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#34)
Old
DocPump is on a distinguished road

Default 01-23-2019, 01:17 AM

These are few facts about coffee that you should know:

1. Coffee is not just something that wakes you up in the morning but is also a rich source of vitamins especially riboflavin.
2. It is also high in potassium and magnesium - these keep your heart healthy by improving circulation.
3. It is also a great source of niacin - an important nutrient that promotes healthy cell growth.
4. In addition to these, caffeine boosts your metabolism which means if you looking to lose those flabs then coffee is the best way to go.
5. Studies have proven that drinking sugar-less coffee can cut down the risk of diabetes, heart attack, stroke, and even Alzheimer's.

These are some of the best reasons why you should start drinking coffee from today! However, there are certain limits and restrictions - just like with any other healthy food - you need to take it in moderation.

Want to know how many cups of coffee you should ideally drink in a day? Refer to this article