IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Gaming Forum
Reload this Page BF3
Gaming Forum We all have downtime from the gym, this is the place to discuss your favorite games, reviews and the newest of news in the gaming world. Everything from Xbox 360, Playstation 3 , Wii or even PC gaming. This is the place to talk about it.

BF3
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default BF3 - 10-23-2011, 04:29 PM

Bf3 comes out Tuesday, anybody else pickin it up??

If you haven't, watch the trailers n stuff on youtube, game looks amazing

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 10-23-2011, 05:55 PM

I definitely want to. Just not sure I have the time for it anymore. That and MW3. Trying to resist temptation. Maybe I'll ask for them for Christmas and see if I get lucky haha.

Anyone play on PC anymore?
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-24-2011, 10:58 AM

I may buy it because of this trailer. Looks pretty ridiculous.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iKM4ytaOe8"]Battlefield 3 - The Faultline Extended Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-24-2011, 03:20 PM

Ya I'm not sure I'll get to the single player stuff, but the game looks sweet all around...I'll be playing it all day I'm sure lol.

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#5)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 10-24-2011, 04:09 PM

Oh man! I want this game but I also want MW3. Might have to break down and get both.. Lol. If I do, then I wont come out of my room for days. Definitely like how this game is reppin the USMC! Errah!

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#6)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-24-2011, 06:08 PM

Here's my COD rant, mainly COD vs BF

COD was sweet for like, the first 2 (wwII single player that is). MW1 was ok, had it on PC and PS3, was tough to play through the campaign..multiplayer sucked. FPS games are 100x better on PC, hands down, despite what Halo and COD addicts will tell you. It's faster, way faster as the controls are muchhhhh better. Plus if you're a super nerd, you know that CPL and such is dominated by PC games (DOTA or CS anybody?...50k purse is no joke)

That said COD games suck ass. Here's why, IDC what map, you get more than 8 guys in a COD game and you die every 30 seconds from a grenade or some dude spawning behind you because the maps are all tiny, confined, repetitive nonsense. The textures have 1000 detail lines in them, enough to make it a pita to see anything, yet it still looks like a cardboard cutout. You don't have to lead guys that are running, the hitboxes are stupid big, and the objective points are tiny spaces that are essentially good places to get shot 100x rather than good places that you'd want to take over and defend.

BF maps are huuuuuge (although they do have smaller sections of the maps for small games), you get sweet vehicles, realistic hitboxes, weapon effects (have to lead moving targets), interactive environment. Not only do you have teams but you have squads, you can pick you're gear and soldier classes are set up to demand teamwork, you rarely have fragwhores unless u have some jackass who's real good at flying jets lol. The levels have depth, nothing is ever flat you've got guys up high, down low, everywhere. And your objective points seem important and are actually defendable.

Basically, COD is an arcade style shooter (run and gun) that sux bad cuz well, it was played out 100 years ago, and was the only way game publishers could get kids to keep their consoles instead of playing CS or WOW.

(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 10-24-2011, 06:57 PM

Who put a quarter in you today?! LOL, I hear what you're saying though.

The only systems I have right now are Wii(which I did play a lot of COD:WaW on) and my beastmonster PC. I've been a PC gamer for a long time and I do prefer it for FPS games. That plus I don't have the money for a new TV and PS3/Xbox haha.

I do miss playing all the time, but that spare time went to lifting, and I'm happy to be here, so we'll leave it at that lol.
(#8)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 10-25-2011, 09:55 AM

My son has it ordered. Should arrive pretty soon.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#9)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-25-2011, 11:21 AM

So I just got done with a few hours of this...wholy sh...well you know.

For all you COD guys out there, this game has a style of gameplay you're used too, def a whole new battlefield experience. Way more of a sim than COD games, way more fast paced than previous BF games. Tons up rewards/upgrades... EA hit a home run, and with all the platoforms, this game is going to eat COD alive and bury that series.

(#10)
Old
AX
DevilDog324 will become famous soon enough

Default 10-25-2011, 07:41 PM

Damnit ouija! Im going to have to get it now! Lol.

Team AX
AX Sponsored Athlete

Liftin weights, and eatin steaks!

If you're not going to enter the pain zone on leg day, you might as well go play hopscotch in the parking lot of your gym.
(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 10-26-2011, 12:41 PM

Dooo it. If you can, get it on PC otherwise the sheer size of the maps isn't realized...well, seein as console can only have 12v12 I suppose you don't need the same amount of real estate as 32v32 lol.

But ya, I've been online every free minute I have blowin stuff up. I discovered today that EA not only makes you lead your enemies (bullets dont travel at the speed of light like in every other game), but you also have to deal with bullet drop...yes those long range scopes with all the hash marks are finally useful lol...and man does it suck when you miss that first shot and it hits low and the guy see's where your bullet came from lol.

I tried the single player thing. It's exactly like COD single player...boring as hell. Good thing I didn't buy it to play by myself lol

(#12)
Old
Etikp is on a distinguished road

Default 12-21-2013, 08:02 AM

BF4 is out and already finished all missions. Anyone for online?