IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Q & A with LG Sciences
Reload this Page Illegal vs legal prohormones!
Q & A with LG Sciences Questions & Discussions about LG Sciences products and recommendations here

Illegal vs legal prohormones!
(#1)
Old
xstraight_hatex is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to xstraight_hatex
Default Illegal vs legal prohormones! - 11-01-2013, 09:53 PM

Andro prohormones come in two varieties, natural and chemically altered. These differences seem unimportant to the consumer, but they are very important and could save your life as a consumer.

Chemically altered prohormones are on the market and while they appear on paper to be more potent in some respects, they come with such harsh side effects that they are hardly worth the risk. The typical alteration for any prohormone is the 17a Methyl group. It is this chemical group that causes the harsh side effects like liver toxicity and potential for cardiovascular damage.

Natural prohormones based on andro donít have this chemical alteration and donít cause the massive liver toxicity of the chemically altered counterparts. Also, natural prohormones can be as potent or even more potent than chemically altered cousins.

The side effects are caused by the fact that while these alterations do improve resistance to liver clearance, that is exactly what causes the liver toxicity that puts many young men in the hospital. Liver stress is nothing to take lightly, while the vast majority of people wonít have these serious effects, the amount of people who have been hospitalized has gotten the attention of the media and the government.
Chemically Altered Prohormones Hurt The Industry

Natural andro is legal and is allowed to be sold by US law. Chemically altered prohormones that are on the market are not legal and cause damage to the entire industry. Every year a new bill banning hormone products is introduced in congress and itís precisely the chemically altered steroid products that bring this bill. One year the bill will pass and will vastly reduce the amount of hormonal items that can be sold in America.
Itís destructive to sell and promote chemically altered prohormones yet many unscrupulous companies still sell them to unsuspecting customers. Not only can chemically altered products hurt your body, they can reduce your access to legal dietary supplements. Stick with natural prohormones and gain your size and strength in a healthy way!

Repping LG Sciences http://www.lgsciences.com/ SAVE 30% USE CODE nalder30
Hydraulix Athlete http://hydraulix.refr.cc/5Q9WQQ3
Follow me on Instagram @joshnalder
Personal Trainer
NASM-CPT
ISSA-CFT, FT
IKFF-CKT LEVEL 1

Training Log: http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=15459

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.
(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
ouija is a jewel in the rough

Default 11-02-2013, 09:59 AM

I wish I could neg the crap out of the above post.

First of all, telling anybody they are buying a natural and not "chemically altered" (synthetic) product is in itself a lie. Yes, DHEA metabolites occur naturally and are found in many foods...however the DHEA or DHEA metabolites found in consumer products are either harvested from natural sources through chemical reactions (doubtful) or blended synthetically.

Also, "natural" prohormones carry cardiovascular risks as well. It has nothing to do with methyl groups being added, all methyl groups do is preserve the steroid through the first pass through the digestive system and allow them to enter the bloodstream and then pass a second time through the liver to be converted into an active hormone. Yes this does cause liver stress/damage, the extent to which varies between every drug despite having the same "methyl" group. Hell some single methyl steroids have a higher toxicity than dimethyl (2 methyl) steroids.

3rd the latest proposed legislation would also make DHEA and it's metabolites potentially illegal as well as other synthetic steroids. The "chemically altered" prohormones you deride are in fact NOT illegal to sell, or else it would be impossible to sell them. Companies are not "unscrupulous", they are merely supplying a profitable (and large) demand.

And lastly, yes, steroids and "prohormones" are in fact stronger compounds than 2 step andro/dhea drugs, not just on paper, but in practice as well.

I don't mind anyone pushing a product, but seriously the scare tactic route and the whole "proprietary blend" crowd are the most hypocritical misleading bunch I've ever come across. Objective facts are cool, but misleading statements are not.

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it"

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#3)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 11-03-2013, 06:36 AM

I wouldn't touch pro hormones with a barge pole. Plus, pro hormones of all kinds are banned in the UK.

Eat well, sleep well and get your hormones in check naturally for the best returns. Longevity is the key. - Getting your hormones in check in a way in which your body agrees with you is the way I personally go.
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-03-2013, 10:17 AM

Are they banned in the UK? I was under the impression they were still legal by and large.

And what about AAS? Last I knew they were legal to posses and use, just illegal to sell them.

"If I'm gonna die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it."
(#5)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-03-2013, 10:28 AM

So yeah, googled some shopping sites...prohormones are not illegal in the UK, i just found a ton of them on UK websites...hdrol, dienazone, mithras etc...

(#6)
Old
xstraight_hatex is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to xstraight_hatex
Default 11-08-2013, 12:48 PM

I wish I could neg the crap out of the above post.

First of all, telling anybody they are buying a natural and not "chemically altered" (synthetic) product is in itself a lie. Yes, DHEA metabolites occur naturally and are found in many foods...however the DHEA or DHEA metabolites found in consumer products are either harvested from natural sources through chemical reactions (doubtful) or blended synthetically.

* DHEA metabolites are naturally occuring chemical structures. When you add Methyl structures it is no longer something found in the body or food.

Also, "natural" prohormones carry cardiovascular risks as well. It has nothing to do with methyl groups being added, all methyl groups do is preserve the steroid through the first pass through the digestive system and allow them to enter the bloodstream and then pass a second time through the liver to be converted into an active hormone. Yes this does cause liver stress/damage, the extent to which varies between every drug despite having the same "methyl" group. Hell some single methyl steroids have a higher toxicity than dimethyl (2 methyl) steroids.

* You agree that Methylated prohormones are dangerous, you debunked yourself.

3rd the latest proposed legislation would also make DHEA and it's metabolites potentially illegal as well as other synthetic steroids. The "chemically altered" prohormones you deride are in fact NOT illegal to sell, or else it would be impossible to sell them. Companies are not "unscrupulous", they are merely supplying a profitable (and large) demand.

Methyl products are chemically altered with a 17amethyl group. Anything that is not naturally occuring is illegal by the FDA. The industry is weird. While there has been a lot of busts. The products are slow to come off the shelves and also people still make these products backdoor style and sell out of trunks.

And lastly, yes, steroids and "prohormones" are in fact stronger compounds than 2 step andro/dhea drugs, not just on paper, but in practice as well.

*Prohormones are two step as they, are just precursors to hormones.

Repping LG Sciences http://www.lgsciences.com/ SAVE 30% USE CODE nalder30
Hydraulix Athlete http://hydraulix.refr.cc/5Q9WQQ3
Follow me on Instagram @joshnalder
Personal Trainer
NASM-CPT
ISSA-CFT, FT
IKFF-CKT LEVEL 1

Training Log: http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=15459

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.
(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-08-2013, 04:55 PM

^^ Not sure you understand english well?

1. I said DHEA is naturally occuring, I have no clue what the hell your talking about past that. You're still selling something that was synthesized in (most likely) some Chinese factory. In case English still escapes you, I'm saying that DHEA supplements are a synthetically made version of a naturally occurring compound. You make it sound like 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' really is butter. It's not.

2. Debunked what? I was pretty straightforward...side effects vary from drug to drug (DHEA included), the methyl groups don't inherently cause issues in the heart, they can cause issues in the liver...your statement suggested methyl groups affect heart health, and that it was the methyl group alone that caused problems, which is false as I pointed out DHEA can potentially have negative side effects as well, you misleadingly suggested DHEA is risk free.

3. Again, things that are illegal are illegal, and those that are legal are legal...real simple. Claiming that a class of products is illegal when it is in fact not is misleading. The current laws pertain only to specific compounds and esthers/salts/analogues etc of compounds. You're correct in that a company cannot sell a synthetic compound (although you can sell synthetically blended versions of naturally occurring compounds like many vitamins and DHEA) as a dietary supplement, and it would be illegal to sell an unapproved drug...but sell it as nearly anything else and that technically flies under the law. Gray market for sure, but it's still legal.

4. Thank you for defining a 2 step prohormone.

(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 11-08-2013, 04:55 PM

^^ Not sure you understand english well?

1. I said DHEA is naturally occuring, I have no clue what the hell your talking about past that. You're still selling something that was synthesized in (most likely) some Chinese factory. In case English still escapes you, I'm saying that DHEA supplements are a synthetically made version of a naturally occurring compound. You make it sound like 'I Can't Believe It's Not Butter' really is butter. It's not.

2. Debunked what? I was pretty straightforward...side effects vary from drug to drug (DHEA included), the methyl groups don't inherently cause issues in the heart, they can cause issues in the liver...your statement suggested methyl groups affect heart health, and that it was the methyl group alone that caused problems, which is false as I pointed out DHEA can potentially have negative side effects as well, you misleadingly suggested DHEA is risk free.

3. Again, things that are illegal are illegal, and those that are legal are legal...real simple. Claiming that a class of products is illegal when it is in fact not is misleading. The current laws pertain only to specific compounds and esthers/salts/analogues etc of compounds. You're correct in that a company cannot sell a synthetic compound (although you can sell synthetically blended versions of naturally occurring compounds like many vitamins and DHEA) as a dietary supplement, and it would be illegal to sell an unapproved drug...but sell it as nearly anything else and that technically flies under the law. Gray market for sure, but it's still legal.

4. Thank you for defining a 2 step prohormone.