IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Training and Exercise > Training & Bodybuilding Routines
Reload this Page What am I doing wrong?
Training & Bodybuilding Routines Learn proper form, techniques, & bodybuilding routines here.

What am I doing wrong?
(#1)
Old
truwrxtacy is on a distinguished road

Default What am I doing wrong? - 05-17-2012, 07:28 PM

Hey guys,
I've been working out for the past 7-8 months, about 4 - 5 times a week. I'm having problem getting the cut on my chest (between my pecks and also between my pecks and my abs.

For Chest exercise this is what i normally do

Dumbell press 3 sets of 10s (i switch this off with Bar every other week)
Dumbell Incline 3 sets of 10s (also switch off with Bar every other week)
Dumbell Decline 3 sets of 10s ( same as above)
Flys on the Machine 3 set of 10s
Wipe Grip Pull ups (attempt to do 3 sets of 10s)

The only supplement i take currently is cellucor c4 before i work out and thinking about adding the Controlled Labs Green MAG to it and see if it'll help. Can somone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

I'm 5"11 weight about 147. I usually use my 1st set as a warm up, then 2nd set as max, and go down a little on 3rd set.

i.e (bench 1st set:125lb, 2nd set 185lb, 3rd set 150lb)

I'm not looking to be super buff or anything, just wanted a bit more definition.

thanks
(#2)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 05-17-2012, 10:04 PM

Well try switching up your routine. Your body gets used to the same workout over and over and over. And second, try more reps. Go for 12 to 15 instead of 10. Try cable flys and wide grip bench too for definition. Green mag I heard is an excellent creatine so good luck man and welcome to the forum

OFWGKTA
(#3)
Old
ShawnD is on a distinguished road

Default 05-17-2012, 10:05 PM

And PS pull ups are back haha

OFWGKTA
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 05-18-2012, 07:50 AM

Shawn makes good points...and yes pull ups are back, lats, and biceps.

5'11 @ 147 lbs? My bet is you aren't eating enough to build muscle! What does your diet look like? A good gym routine is only as good as your diet and rest time....because those are the times you grow. The gym tears you down....eating and rest rebuild you back stronger.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
cra_training_zy will become famous soon enough

Default 05-23-2012, 09:06 PM

shake up rep ranges, dont just stay static at 10 reps. in truth i dont really count reps, i just max out my potential. also cut out the exersises you feel dont do anything. stick with the ones you feel working for you, forinstance, if you felt that incline dumbells, weighted dips and flys worked, then dont bother with anything else, just max out your efforts on those. experiment with drop sets and jump sets, and toy with different weights and rep ranges. also your genetic makeup might not allow for that cut between your pecs, mine dont, but it doesnt mean you cant still sculpt an impressive chest.
(#6)
Old
Travis is on a distinguished road

Default 04-15-2013, 02:36 PM

Just try to make sure that your chest, if it could talk, would be cussing you out before you leave the gym.