IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > General Topics > Gaming Forum
Reload this Page BatMan Arkam Asylum
Gaming Forum We all have downtime from the gym, this is the place to discuss your favorite games, reviews and the newest of news in the gaming world. Everything from Xbox 360, Playstation 3 , Wii or even PC gaming. This is the place to talk about it.

BatMan Arkam Asylum
(#1)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default BatMan Arkam Asylum - 08-27-2009, 11:31 AM

Let me say this. I think this is the game to get me back into gaming.

I am also riding my stationary while playing. Buring calories while playing games.

LOL.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#2)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 08-27-2009, 01:21 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if they made an exercise bike that powered the x-box? Once you started the game, you would not really want to kill the game console to move the plug over to the wall once you have a little time invested in the game. LOL.
(#3)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 08-27-2009, 01:53 PM

My roomate is supposed to purchase this game. I just bought Dead Space cuz it's only $30 now. I'm lame and get games late but it doesn't matter cuz Dead Space is awesome.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#4)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 08-27-2009, 02:00 PM

Yeah, Dead Space was an awesome game.

That would be cool Rick. LOL.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#5)
Old
tyciol is on a distinguished road

Send a message via MSN to tyciol
Default 03-28-2011, 06:40 PM

I just had an idea, couldn't we play video games while hanging on the forearm pads of a captain's chair on a power tower?

You don't actually have to hold the grips, they're just a feeling of security thing. This would be a great way to decompress the back.

Another way would be slings:
(the third one):

I have the slings (no captain's chair yet unfortunately) and you don't need to actually hold the top with your hands, once you're comfortable and balanced you can let go and even totally straighten the elbows while still hanging on.

Besides just hanging (the traction is a workout in itself, your muscles stop your spine being torn in half) you can also do stuff like leg raises and hip raises for hip flexor and ab dynamics.

The slings may be more suited for this since you can put them close together to grip a controller. A captain's chair would be difficult since the hands are set apart, we normally internally rotate our arms to grip the control at our midline.

A wiimote and nunchuk would be fine though since they allow for that kind of spacing.

Another option for cap chair would be I guess if you set your weight on the inside of your upper arm instead of on the back. I'm not sure if that would be comfortable for long periods though. I really wish they would make the option of adjustible arms so you could do a V shape to support yourself in internal rotation for playing videogames with classic controllers 2 hands on 1 thing.

Last edited by tyciol; 03-28-2011 at 06:45 PM.
(#6)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-28-2011, 08:14 PM

^^^ well that would restrict arm movement, but I guess strengthen the core. The new Xbox Kinect is pretty damn good for keeping you moving. It detects your whole body including feet. I was winded when I played one of the games with my son that came with it.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]