IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Workout Equipment
Reload this Page Homemade sled
Workout Equipment In a time where more people are getting their own home equipment this forum is for discussing home,commercial and Homeade workout equipment. Rate and Tell us what you think is best.

Homemade sled
(#1)
Old
MoPower440 is on a distinguished road

Default Homemade sled - 12-28-2009, 09:52 PM

109.JPG Heres some pics of a sled that I made.This was my summer workout on the beach.Basically its just some pipe fittings and thick rope you can use chain as well.The reason its empty is for transporation to the beach to be loaded with sand.I have made one with concrete and eye bolts as the sled part connected with chains.These made with plastic would be better dragging on grass or sand if not they would wear out faster on asphault and concrete.Tires or metal would be better on those surfaces.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 106.JPG (96.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 092.JPG (184.7 KB, 9 views)
(#2)
Old
Max1973 will become famous soon enough

Default 12-28-2009, 10:01 PM

Friggen awesome! I'm gonna make one. How do you incorporate a sled into your work out
(#3)
Old
MoPower440 is on a distinguished road

Default 12-28-2009, 10:44 PM

The easy way look on youtube.Ive got some vids of this past summer while using on the beach.Chest is just pressing the handles while standing with a slight lean forward lean or while walking.
Back is the same but walking backwards with a rowing movement.These works your core cause you are not seated or lying on a piece of equipment.
You also can have them held over your shoulders while crunching forward for more abs.Walking forward hits the leg while walking backwards hits a different part.
You can perform side chops which hits those abs too.
For biceps just walk backwards arms extended then curl.
Triceps forward lean with overhead press.

With sled movements you have very little if any neg. resistance but you can explode in the positive side of the rep.This is just another weapon in your war against your body to build muscle.

Ill try to get my vids up soon for all to see.
(#4)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 12-28-2009, 10:55 PM

sweet!!
(#5)
Old
stardik is on a distinguished road

Default 09-14-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoPower440 View Post
The easy way look on youtube.Ive got some vids of this past summer while using on the beach.Chest is just pressing the handles while standing with a slight lean forward lean or while walking.
Back is the same but walking backwards with a rowing movement.These works your core cause you are not seated or lying on a piece of equipment.
You also can have them held over your shoulders while crunching forward for more abs.Walking forward hits the leg while walking backwards hits a different part.
You can perform side chops which hits those abs too.
For biceps just walk backwards arms extended then curl.
Triceps forward lean with overhead press.

With sled movements you have very little if any neg. resistance but you can explode in the positive side of the rep.This is just another weapon in your war against your body to build muscle.

Ill try to get my vids up soon for all to see.
not sure what kind i just started looking.but thanks for the info.

I'm Stardik - Fitness Lover

And I won't spam this forum ANY MORE because RickB asked me not to. K?