IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Specifically For You > Transformation Stories
Reload this Page (matt20) My Transformation Story
Transformation Stories Please share with the rest of the forum, your transformation stories. No matter how long it took, or if it's more of a fitness tranformation than a physical tranformation...whatever. We'd like to hear it. Pictures are great to include too! Please share your story!

(matt20) My Transformation Story
(#1)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default (matt20) My Transformation Story - 03-16-2009, 01:18 PM

Whatís up everybody.. Rick had asked me about telling my transformation story, so here it is for anybody that is interested.

Growing up I was always involved in sports. When I got older I focused on basketball. With that came off-season workouts and that is how I was first introduced to weights. Itís actually pretty funny because back then I did everything possible to avoid lifting weights. I always bitched and moaned about it and only worked out maybe once a week and it was not hard at all. Itís hard to imagine that as I am writing this I am 16 weeks out from my first bodybuilding show!!!

I finally got semi-serious about working out my senior year in high school with a friend of mine. He was older and had played football and I basically did whatever he told me too. I weighed about 120-130lbs and pretty much could only bench press the bar for my workouts. We didnít work out legs and basically did the workouts I make fun of people for now. Arms one day, chest another and that was it. This went on for a couple of months and then another friend of mine and I joined a gym. This when I finally got serious about working out. I was not sure what to do, so we followed whatever routines we could find in magazines. I actually started seeing results for about a year and went from 130lbs to around 150 or so. Well like everybody else I hit a plateau and could not gain anymore. Confused we started asking questions to the biggest gyms in the gym. This is actually when I first meet Mac. I started watching a little more about nutrition and started using protein shakes.

Then when I was 20 I moved off to school. I was very interested in working out and started reading everything I could find and I also joined this website. I switched my major to exercise science (Kinesiology) and started applying everything I was learning to myself. In that time I gained about 40lbs and was at my biggest, 220-225lbs. I was really hardcore into working out. My strength was at its highest also. I was dead lifting and squatting 455 for reps. The leg press at the student center would only hold 10 plates per side, so I would load that thing up and get one or two of buddies to sit on top of it and just rep it out. I was getting ready to prep for my first bodybuilding show and then the worst thing/ best thing happenedÖI hurt my lower back bad. I had tweaked it doing squats. Trying to be tough, I still dead lifted two days later. To this day, I still havenít had a doctor to be able to tell what is wrong with my back. MRI only showed a bulged disc. So my doctor advised me to do some physical therapy. I had a great physical therapist and I feel the only reason I can workout today is because of it. This is also why I plan to apply to physical therapy school next year!! I was not able to workout for about 6-7 months. In that time I was pretty depressed because fitness had become my life! I hardly ate and wasted away from my biggest weight to about 165lbs. I started working out again in Late June early July of this past year. I have had very little back pain since then and actually gained back 30lbs of weight. I started prepping for my first show in February. My goals are to become a pro natural bodybuilder and compete on the national stage! I have come a long way since the kid that hid when it came time to workout!

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#2)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 03-16-2009, 01:27 PM

Here's a couple pics.

The first is one of my senior pics when I was about 120-130lbs

The second is at 220lbs

The third is about a week ago at 17 weeks out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Matt%20before.jpg (32.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_01620015.JPG (21.7 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Picture%20027.jpg (17.6 KB, 66 views)

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

(#3)
Old
fitness-chic is on a distinguished road

Default 03-16-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
Here's a couple pics.

The first is one of my senior pics when I was about 120-130lbs

The second is at 220lbs

The third is about a week ago at 17 weeks out
Nice job buddy. Keep up all the hard work.

Doctors say that women need more ironÖ.. So suck it up and go heavy.
(#4)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 03-16-2009, 02:11 PM

Thanks Matt! Awesome job indeed and nice write-up!

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#5)
Old
AA EFX
rippednmichigan is a jewel in the rough

Default 03-16-2009, 02:47 PM

Good job Matt, keep pushing bro.

Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/
(#6)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-16-2009, 02:51 PM

Oh he is going to push. This week especially.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#7)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default 03-16-2009, 03:49 PM

mad props brotha....now lets win this competition.
(#8)
Old
Gov. of the World Candidate
The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all The Loaf is a name known to all

Default 03-16-2009, 04:13 PM

tremendous, dude! (i don't think i've ever used the word "tremendous" before...)

great story. truly inspiring. you've got great spirit and dedication

Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic. Most people get scared when setting goals, and ask only for what they think they can get, not what they really WANT. This is a mistake because puny, "realistic" goals are NOT motivating, WANTS are motivating.

I got the shakes that'll make ya quake
I got the fries'll cross ya eyes
I got the burgers....
Well, man, I just got burgers!
(#9)
Old

Default 03-16-2009, 05:32 PM

thanks Guys!

(#10)
Old
Banned
Muscle And Brawn has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-16-2009, 06:42 PM

Great writeup Matt...
(#11)
Old
aka J "PR" Wood
Anabolic Addiction
jwood819 has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-16-2009, 07:39 PM

Great story matt!! Keep pushing, with mac on your side you can easily win this competition, hit it hard bro!
(#12)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-16-2009, 08:03 PM

We got some video from tonight. I'm trying to find my charging cord for my camera and can't find it. Matt will update with the video.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#13)
Old
Banned
antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future antihero has a brilliant future

Send a message via AIM to antihero
Default 03-16-2009, 08:07 PM

looking foreward to it.
(#14)
Old
naug44 has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-17-2009, 05:29 AM

Excellent job and story. Keep up the great work!!
(#15)
Old

Default 03-17-2009, 10:49 AM

Thanks

Wow
(#16)
Old
JT-Turner will become famous soon enough

Default Wow - 03-17-2009, 08:05 PM

Awsome Matt, I forgot you were training for your first contest soon. Good luck, you look great.

Sometimes it is hard to find the forest for all the trees.

Never take diet advice from a fat man.
(#17)
Old

Default 03-17-2009, 10:00 PM

Thanks

(#18)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default 05-11-2011, 09:54 PM

Better late than never- Just read this. Its Def a good story Matt.

RESPECT!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#19)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
FearnonebutOne is a jewel in the rough

Default 05-13-2011, 11:54 AM

AGREED!!!!!!

Blessed are the Peacemakers
The pain of SELF-DISCIPLINE will never be as great as the pain of REGRET "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
(#20)
Old

Default 05-13-2011, 12:11 PM

Thanks guys!!