IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page How Many calories do you need
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

(#21)
Old
Drakedogg has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-08-2008, 07:01 PM

yeah that's what is the hardest for me is knowing the difference between good and bad on the things you think are good. next week I'm going to write down every thing I eat and let you tell me where I'm going wrong cause I'm sure I am.

Fear is not what defines you, your actions in the face of Fear is who you are!!! I won't be scared to push myself anymore!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=drakedogg
(#22)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-08-2008, 07:08 PM

That sounds good. If I can find it again there is an Ebook I will Email you that is really interesting and discusses which foods to stay away from and what is good.

It rates foods like school.
A is good for you
B is still good but not as good
C is fair but more processed.
D is Processed food and is not good
F is bad and should be avoided at all costs during dieting.

It goes to say that processed foods are bad for you so anytime you can get away with eating whole foods that is the best bet. Yet still some whole foods are loaded with unwanted calories as well. I will also discuss with you the link and balance system that will sort of tie all of this together and make sense of a lot of this.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#23)
Old
Drakedogg has a spectacular aura about

Default 03-08-2008, 07:18 PM

I've been staying away from processed and canned foods because I knew they contained more calories from the preservatives and extra ingredients. I was reading some other threads about deer meat which is what I'm eating more of....especially since me and Austin both got one each this year

Fear is not what defines you, your actions in the face of Fear is who you are!!! I won't be scared to push myself anymore!

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...wner=drakedogg
(#24)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 03-09-2008, 09:27 AM

Don't forget also that eating lots of Lean Chicken, Turkey and Fish. Those are espcially important. Oh and about the fish since you are in Mississippi. Catfish is okay just not at Penn's Fishouse Unless they can either grill it or bake it for you.

At the end of this month when we are at my Mom and Dad's at the crawfish boil my Dad can give you some hints on cooking Catfish baking it. He is a master at it. That is what he lost so much weight on after his heart Surgeory.

(#25)
Old
crispyarmy21 is on a distinguished road

Default 03-16-2008, 05:24 PM

is a 50%(prot.)
30%(carb.)
20%(fat) split ok?
(#26)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 03-18-2008, 09:55 AM

That sounds like a good split to me.

(#27)
Old
crispyarmy21 is on a distinguished road

Default 03-18-2008, 11:29 AM

cool....thanks mac
(#28)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 07-08-2010, 12:23 PM

what is your current weight age and height.

(#29)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 07-08-2010, 12:24 PM

and you only want to lose 2.2 pounds.

(#30)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 07-08-2010, 12:46 PM

sorry about that last person. spammer. He is gone now.

(#31)
Old
Andromeda26 will become famous soon enough

Default 09-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Hey if you want another great website to track what you are eating check out myfitnesspal.com...I use this with my clients to track their daily intake of protein carbs and fats and they have a very extensive food list to look up things you are eating so you can see exactly how much protein, carbs and fat you are getting in a serving. It is a great resource and best of all it is FREE!
(#32)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 09-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Mmm free.....
(#33)
Old

AX
-Euro Man -
recarp82 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via Yahoo to recarp82
Default 09-01-2010, 02:10 PM

just checked it out.besides my protein intake bein to high it works pretty good,it had everything i eat on it as well as what my wife eats.it works pretty good.

Controlled labs supps.
(#34)
Old
Andromeda26 will become famous soon enough

Default 09-01-2010, 02:34 PM

Glad you checked it out..there is a way to customize your amounts. Based on what your goals are..you can change the percentage of protein carbs and fats you are using...they just set it up so you will be losing an average of one to two pounds a week. My protein amounts are also higher then what they recommend and I don't take in as many carbs as they suggest...it its just a good tool to make sure you are on track and I have not really found another website that has such an extensive and easy look up list for foods.
(#35)
Old
stevexxx4 is on a distinguished road

Location: Currently living in the United Kingdom, but will hopefully move one day to the USA - having spent the last 6 out of 10 months there.
Default 06-05-2012, 05:19 PM

I consume about 2800 - 3000 calories per day with about 180 grams of protein I'm 5,7 and currently weigh 170 lb and my bodyfat's pretty low
(#36)
Old
The IPYU Lab Rat
Jacentk2 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to Jacentk2 Send a message via AIM to Jacentk2 Send a message via MSN to Jacentk2 Send a message via Yahoo to Jacentk2 Send a message via Skype™ to Jacentk2
Default 10-02-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringMad Mac View Post
Nutritional Calculator.

This is a basic tool for most.

Step 1. Calculate Your BMR:

Men

Take the number 66.5
Add your wieght in pounds multiplied by 13.8 +____
Add your hieght in inches multiplied by 5.0 +____
Subtract your age in years multiplied by 6.8 +____
Your BMR in calories per day is =____

Women

Take the number 655
Add your weight in pounds multiplied by 9.6 +____
Add your height in inches multiplied by 1.8 +____
Subtract your age in years multiplied by4.7 +____
Your BMR in calories per day is =_____

Nutritional Calculator
Estmate calores needed to maintain current weight
(with Moderate exercise schedule):

Your weight _________x14 = total calories needed
Your weight _________x2.8 = protein Calories needed ( / 4 = gms of protein)
Your weight _________x2.8 = fat calories needed ( / 9 = gms of fat)
Your weight _________x8.4 = carbohydrates calories needed ( / 4 = gms of carbohydrates)

Ok now... I suck at math....see if I get this right

Take the number 655
Add your weight in pounds (215 lbs x 9.6 = 2064) multiplied by 9.6 +____
Add your height in inches (67" x 1.8 = 120.6) multiplied by 1.8 +____
Subtract your age in years (32 x 4.7 = 150.4) multiplied by 4.7 +____

655 + 2064 + 120.6 - 150.4 = 2689.2

Your BMR in calories per day is = 2689.2

Your weight ___215___x14 = 3010 total calories needed
Your weight ___215___x2.8 = 602/4 = 150.5g protein Calories needed ( / 4 = gms of protein)
Your weight ___215___x2.8 = 602/9 = 66.9g fat calories needed ( / 9 = gms of fat)
Your weight ___215___x8.4 = 1806/4 = 451.5g carbohydrates calories needed ( / 4 = gms of carbohydrates)

Hmmm...I'm not eating that many carbs though....I think. I'm more on a 40/40/20 split...

Question: I always wondered where they get these numbers...like the 14. Some where else it told me to use 15 times weight.....What the 14(15) represent?

Oh wait....I'm trying to lose BF weight...maybe that's the diff in the lower Carb count.

-------------------------
Certified Spinning Instructor
by Mad Dogg Athletics, Inc.
http://www.spinning.com/en/
I hate those in the gym that try to bully others.
Stop showing off and get outta my way!!!
I am here to work.
Work It Harder, Make It Better,
Do It Faster, Makes Us Stronger.
More Than Ever Hour After,
Our Work Is Never Over.