IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Recipe sticky.
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

(#41)
Old
JT-Turner will become famous soon enough

Default 10-23-2008, 10:48 AM

Hey Leigh,

Try grillin your meat, it gives it extra flavor when reheating in microwave. And a nice stir fry w/ rice freezes good as does pasta dishes- works real good for me-

JT

Sometimes it is hard to find the forest for all the trees.

Never take diet advice from a fat man.
(#42)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 10-23-2008, 10:56 AM

Mac - I've had issues with freezing cooked chicken before. Reheated, it chews like rubber. I'll give it another shot, though. Beats the hell out of another can of soup.
And the fish thing is definitely not an issue - I can't find decent fish here to save my life, so I'm just skipping it.

Thanks for the tip, JT! I'll be skipping the carbs, though. (no, not wiping them out of my diet altogether - calm down, Loaf! ) It's a shame, though - because pasta freezes great, and Bob knows I can pack it away.
(#43)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-23-2008, 11:08 AM

http://www.foodreference.com/html/artchickensafety.html

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#44)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 10-23-2008, 11:10 AM

http://www.mealsforyou.com/cgi-bin/t...ge.15+nLinks.0

(#45)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 10-23-2008, 11:11 AM

http://www.meals.com/Tips-And-Articl...f-23df0ee45044

(#46)
Old
Resident Ginger
Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future Leigh has a brilliant future

Send a message via Yahoo to Leigh
Default 10-23-2008, 11:14 AM

ty, tyvm.
Kickboy’s warrior chicken,
(#47)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default Kickboy’s warrior chicken, - 01-15-2009, 07:58 AM

Boneless skinless chicken
98% fat free chicken broth
Small bunch of fresh theme rosemary and sage
Fresh garlic
Sprinkle of kosher salt

Lay the chicken out in a shallow casserole dish
Cover with broth
Add herb bundle to broth
Add garlic and salt
Cover with tight lid or aluminum foil
Bake for 1 hour at 340 degrees.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.
(#48)
Old
Banned
Muscle And Brawn has a spectacular aura about

Default 01-15-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboy View Post

Boneless skinless chicken
98% fat free chicken broth
Small bunch of fresh theme rosemary and sage
Fresh garlic
Sprinkle of kosher salt

Lay the chicken out in a shallow casserole dish
Cover with broth
Add herb bundle to broth
Add garlic and salt
Cover with tight lid or aluminum foil
Bake for 1 hour at 340 degrees.
Sounds great. Making me hungry Love garlic...
Pancakes!
(#49)
Old
Milderbeast is on a distinguished road

Default Pancakes! - 04-18-2009, 10:19 AM

Yet another simple pancake concoction! I used to find it very difficult to consume all the necesseary macros for breakfast finding it bland and difficult until I started doing these pancakes. You can adjust as necessary for whatever dieting phase you're doing!

Pop the following in a blender:

11/2 cups of oatmeal
2 Bannanas (You can stick most fruits in, Im currently doing bannanas - blueberry's are great!)
Half a cup of low fat flavoured yoghurt (I've been using vanilla soya yoghurt)
3 egg whites, 2 whole eggs
1 scoop of whey protein powder

Blend away until you get your mixture and knock them up in a pan with any low cal spray. You can adjust levels as required i.e at the moment I'm doing the priming phase of the STS and have a lower protein requirement so am going ahead without the whey! Anyhow they taste great and are far easier to consume than huge bowls of oats, boring scambled eggs etc!

Last edited by Milderbeast; 04-18-2009 at 10:25 AM.
(#50)
Old
mikeyUK is on a distinguished road

Default 01-13-2011, 12:29 PM

Well seeing as nothings been posted in here in a long time... and im relatively new i thought id throw something up.
Not one of the best meals for you youll come across on here, but also one that im not sure many of you guys will of done as its generally known as an english classic.

What you need..
Potatos
Lean Beef Mince
Beef Stock
Any vegetables you want
Milk
Butter (i use a special italian butter, its very low fat and is made using alot more of the oils everyone goes on about getting on here!)

Step 1
Shove the mince into a saucepan and begin to brown it off. I do this without oil to keep the health side of it going.

Step 2 throw in any vegetables you want to. For me this is usually some chopped onion, carrots, peas and some beans. At this time you also want to pour in your beef stock. (you dont have to do this but means its less dry when eating)

Step 3 whilst that is cooking chop the potatos up into quarters and then put them in another saucepan and fill just over the potatos with water, bring to boil and then continue to cook until they are soft (give them a poke with a knife!). Also during this time, your mince/vegetables will have finished cooking so just take them off the heat whilst your waiting for the potatos to fully cook.

Step 4 when the potatos are done drain the water, and mash the potato up, add a bit of milk and butter (again dont have to do this but gives the potato a bit more flavour)

Step 5 Get a largeish dish that is ok to go in the oven. First tip all of the mince and vegetables into the bottom. Then scoop out the mash potato and lay it across the top of the mince.

At this stage you can cover/wrap it up and whack it in the fridge till later or tomorrow and when you do want it go to stage 6.... or optionally just go straight to stage 6 on finishing 5.

Step 6 , Shove it in the oven. I do it on a medium temperature and your basically doing this until the dish is hot through (specially if youve had it in the fridge) and to crispen off the top of the potato.

Step 7, take it out, eat it. I generally do a load of this in one go, and it can be thrown in the fridge again and kept for another day and microwaved to heat it instead of using oven (if your at work).

Bit brief but if anyone wants proper detailed instructions up with timings etc for doing everything let me know.
Like i said not the best meal youll cook, but its good for taking to work and heating up, got your carbs veggies and protein in there!
(#51)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 01-13-2011, 03:47 PM

Sounds pretty tastey
(#52)
Old

Default 01-13-2011, 03:59 PM

Its bloody tasty! whether you get enough protein or whatever nutrients your aiming for out of it i dont know... but you could always use alot of mince and not much potato or other way around.
(#53)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 01-15-2011, 05:27 PM

Sounds like a mishmash version of shepherd's pie almost. Yum.
(#54)
Old

Default 01-22-2011, 07:12 AM

Yeah it basically is.
Today did a quick one

Can of tuna, drain it.
throw it in a mixing bowl,
throw in 25g (believe thats about an ounce to you guys) of low fat cheese grated,
throw in 25g (again an ounce) of breadcrumbs, worked out to about a slice of wheat bread for me.
throw in an egg white, or whole egg if you want a bit extra fat but i got that from the cheese.
Throw in any veggies you want... finely chopped and diced.
Mix it all together
squash bits of the mixture into small balls
pop into a frying pan on a medium heat with a bit of oil to stop sticking
once theyve been on enough to bind them a bit start to squash and compress them down. flip em over.
until theyre brown and held together nicely

take em off and eat with whatever you want, potato, more veggies. I had some beans and rice with them

Tuna Burgers
With the amounts I did i got
50g protein in the burgers mixture (another 10g from beans)
whatever carbs where in the one slice of bread and veggies
and about 5g of fat.

Yum.

Mix it all tog
(#55)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-24-2011, 06:37 PM

I've heard of and seen recipes for tuna burgers before. I've thought about giving it a try but always forget too.
I don't mind tuna, so a lot of the time I eat it straight from the can. If I'm not doing that I normally end up making some type of tuna salad.
I'll dice up whatever veggies I have and mix it all up with fresh cracked pepper, olive oil, and maybe a tiny little bit of light mayo for consistency.
Normal veggies are celery, tomato, onion, pickle, cucumber, pepperoncini.

Most of my cooking I make up on the spot and don't really follow a recipe, but I was at the store today and bought all the supplies to make my chili, I'll have to put up the recipe when I get time. Mmmm.
(#56)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
PAPAW is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to PAPAW
Default 01-24-2011, 09:58 PM

The tuna that comes in the foil packages come in flavors now. I've had lemon pepper, hickory smoked, theres one more that has a sweet flavor but I don't like it much. I'm sure there's one or two more I don't know about.
(#57)
Old

Default 01-25-2011, 04:05 AM

I was the same gerbilo, just throwing the can of it in with some salad or a sandwich but gets so bland and boring in the end! did these and as a hot meal can be mixed with anything and only take 5 minutes!
(#58)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-25-2011, 05:53 PM

I've had the foil packages, unflavored though. I didn't look at nutrition info but I figured that the flavored packs were probably even higher in sodium.

Once in a while I'll grab a can or two of salmon as well. It kind of tastes like salmon... haha, it is good for a change of pace though.

Any certain type of grated cheese you used? I'd think fresh parmesan would make them pretty tasty.
(#59)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 01-25-2011, 06:06 PM

Sodium, unless you have high BP is not really that god-awful for you. I did not watch my sodium intake at all dieting down, but if you were getting ready for a competition then it would become important probably for the water retention.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

(#60)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 01-25-2011, 06:16 PM

I just know I like salty foods. I never really add salt to anything unless I'm cooking, but I know it is everywhere in the modern diet because of processed foods and such. I figure if I can avoid it sometimes, good.