IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page Meal Replacement Bars/ Protein Bars
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

Meal Replacement Bars/ Protein Bars
(#1)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
JohnBeef will become famous soon enough

Default Meal Replacement Bars/ Protein Bars - 02-06-2011, 02:13 PM

Soo Im looking for a good Meal replacement bar. I used to love the Muscle tech all natural Nitro-Tech Peanut butter bars. Lately Ive had the Met Rx colossal Big 100 bars. Anyone got any suggestions or thoughts on these or other bars?

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

Good nutrition is Universal

(#2)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Troy1982 is a jewel in the rough

Default 02-06-2011, 02:20 PM

I like Supreme Protein and Oh Yeah! Bars. Both taste good and don't have too much sugar.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward.
Whoever cannot take care of themselves without that law is both.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,
'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.'
Such is the rule of honor.
(#3)
Old
The Riot!
onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all onetiredkris is a name known to all

Send a message via AIM to onetiredkris Send a message via Yahoo to onetiredkris
Default 02-06-2011, 03:20 PM

The big 100 is pretty good.
EAS has a low carb bar that is delicious, it's like a chocolate dipped rice crispy treat. It's not enough for a meal replacement but they work good to deal with sweettooth cravings.
(#4)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-06-2011, 05:03 PM

Nice guys keep them coming! I like the Big 100 bars, just wasnt sure if there was something better as they contain a ton of stuff and I wasnt sure about that! The brownies Met-Rex makes too are tasty as hell!!

" And this time I really mean it when I say it... LIGHT WEIGHT BABY" - King Ronnie after 2011 neck surgery.

(#5)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 02-08-2011, 06:16 PM

I haven't had any bars or anything in a long time, but when I was working a lot I would have one every now and then if I was busy at work. I know they really aren't the best thing for you because of the sugar and fat, but I was wondering if there was any general percentage or ratio that is decent for these bars to keep your protein, carbs, fat, etc?

Just curious as well.
(#6)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 02-10-2011, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerbilo View Post
I haven't had any bars or anything in a long time, but when I was working a lot I would have one every now and then if I was busy at work. I know they really aren't the best thing for you because of the sugar and fat, but I was wondering if there was any general percentage or ratio that is decent for these bars to keep your protein, carbs, fat, etc?

Just curious as well.
Try to watch the saturated fat. Majority of protein bars(at least the good tasting ones lol) are loaded with it. As well as sugar.

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#7)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-10-2011, 10:29 AM

My bars have 7g Sat. no Trans Fat and 28g sugars.. I'll probably switch brands once this box is gone and hopefully by then ill be working on cutting fat, not bulking so much.
**Dreams Big** lol

(#8)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Fed372 is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via ICQ to Fed372
Default 02-10-2011, 10:46 AM

My 2 cents is this. There is no replacement for a meal.. but if I had to eat one id eat the met rx brownie. But there are better things out there.

IF you doubt yourself you've already lost
(#9)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-10-2011, 11:11 AM

Yeah I agree there are better things out there like a can of Tuna. Plenty of Protein and not all the fat and sugar added.

Don't worry so much about the iodine. You would not be eating 10 cans a day. LOL.

But like Matt said the saturated fat in most of these bars are hidden. You almost would do better to buy an extra jug of protein and get some oatmeal and find a recipe for your own. They have a decent shelf life and that is what is the biggest concern. Preservatives in all the bars you will be buying always have hidden things that bring down the nutritional content.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#10)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER
Gerbilo is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via AIM to Gerbilo
Default 02-10-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
Try to watch the saturated fat. Majority of protein bars(at least the good tasting ones lol) are loaded with it. As well as sugar.
Yeah, that was always my concern. I would honestly try to limit them to 1 a week and would have one at work in case of "emergency" or whatnot. And that was when if I wasn't concerned with putting on too much weight.

I have thought about making my own like Mac said. Anyone have any good recipes that don't involve getting crazy ingredients?
(#11)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-11-2011, 12:59 AM

hummm i see. Ive been eating one a day, lol. Might have to adjust this for sure. What about Clif Bars? they are supposed to be organic and all natural... same deal? hidden nastys? They have a "Builders Bar." 20g protein in it.. link: http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_builders/

(#12)
Old
matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future matt20 has a brilliant future

Default 02-11-2011, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBeef View Post
hummm i see. Ive been eating one a day, lol. Might have to adjust this for sure. What about Clif Bars? they are supposed to be organic and all natural... same deal? hidden nastys? They have a "Builders Bar." 20g protein in it.. link: http://www.clifbar.com/food/products_builders/
Both the sugar and saturated fat are high in these as well. Personally if I am going to get that much saturated fat from a meal, then it is coming from a steak

"The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else" - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need" - HateBreed
(#13)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 02-11-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt20 View Post
Both the sugar and saturated fat are high in these as well. Personally if I am going to get that much saturated fat from a meal, then it is coming from a steak

You got that right. Might as well really enjoy it. LOL

(#14)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-11-2011, 01:46 PM

heh, ive been eating steak regularly also! Used to eat it all the time and I gained solid.

(#15)
Old
Hulk Administrator

Default 02-11-2011, 02:57 PM

Yep because it is full of cholesterol and cholesterol is good for Testosterone production. In turn beef makes you " STRONG AS BULL "

(#16)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-12-2011, 03:23 AM

ohh reallllllyyy???!?!?! I was just going to ask about testosterone... so... cholesterol is good? did not know that... why does everyone say its bad though? Also, should i be eating more of it?

(#17)
Old
5 STAR MEMBER

Default 02-12-2011, 03:24 AM

strong as bull, lmfao good one

(#18)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 02-12-2011, 12:47 PM

Cholesterol can be a double-edged sword. Just have to find a balance and keep plenty of fiber in your diet too. That will help taper down the bad #'s.

Socrates: "All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine."
Current Supplements: Protein (varies) - ON Optimen Vitamins - PreSurge Unleashed - SciVation Xtend (Recovery)[FONT=Tahoma]

health supplements bars!
(#19)
Old
ted34 is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up health supplements bars! - 08-07-2011, 04:09 AM

hello everybody,

I've recently brought supplements from nameremoved, and trust me they are good, there services are like awesome, they have a wide variety of health products like nutrition bars and also are very reasonable, they also have a quick shipping, well i was wondering where do you get your supplements or nutrition bars u get from??

do share your experiences man!

enjoy

Last edited by RickB; 08-07-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Don't plug competing websites please.
(#20)
Old
Voice of Reason
MIA
kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of kickboy has much to be proud of

Default 08-10-2011, 08:36 AM

Good edit Rick

My quick snack at work is a sandwich round {whole grain} 2 Tbs. smart balance peanut butter. Wash it down with 1 scoop whey mixed with 1 cup skim milk and 1/4 cup water.

Peanut butter= 190 cal. 3g sat fat, 12g mono fat, 7g pro, 3g sugar
whey=100 cals 20g pro.
milk= 12g sugar, 8g pro. 130 cal
sandwich round= 100 cal, 0 sat fat, 19g carbs 4g pro

40g pro
34g carb
16g fat
510 calories

What I like about this meal is it's cheap easy to carry and way lower in artificial crap and preservatives. You can get all this stuff at the grocery store too but if you want to save some money get the whey from the IPYU store.

Instead of a shaker cup I mix my shakes in a used water bottle and toss it when I am done.

The mind and the body are interrelated: what you do to one necessarily effects the other. There must be a balance between the two. If your body is strong but your mind is weak, you are a powerful instrument with no direction; such an instrument rarely produces good. If your mind is strong but your body is weak, then you may be filled with purpose and good intentions but have no strength necessary to act on your impulses. You must strengthen your mind to control your body; and strengthen your body so you can always follow the good directions of your mind.