IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness Find Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter! Follow Us on Twitter! Ad Space Available
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   IllPumpYouUp.com - Bodybuilding, Powerlifting, & Fitness > Supplements > Diet & Nutrition
Reload this Page how can i lose weight fast!
Diet & Nutrition Tips on eating healthy and eating enough. What and how much you eat can make a huge difference in building muscle & improving performance.

(#41)
Old
ericjones80 is on a distinguished road

Default 12-18-2007, 11:07 AM

Dont worry so much about exactly what you're doing tom, just eat well and work out...simple as that. You'll learn as you go
(#42)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 12-18-2007, 11:16 AM

Okay, First off. Let's get this straight. LOL. You don't have to ask for someone to reply right off the bat. We look at this stuff everyday and will answer you and help out as much as we can.

Second. I apolgize to Rickb for butting in. I did not see he had been talking to you extensively throughout this thread. I was scanning rather quickly and just posted when I saw you asking for replies.

Tom,

You are 14 years old. Don't worry so much about dieting. Worry more about upping your activity level and working out hard. What Rick has told you is right on the money.

Join what ever gym you want. Do a basice 4 day split routine. I will let Rick set this up for you. It would be good for you to be doing what he has his son doing. You want to stick with the basics right now.Lifting weights and adding cardio to it will be all you need right now until you understand the basics of working out. You have a lot of gusto right now and are willing to get in there and tear it up but you have to reign yourself in and take it a little slower. Doing it to fast and it will not be fun anymore. Taking your time and learning and you will realize it is a life choice not just a "NOW" choice.

Eating:

You need to eat. Don't rely on protein powders all of the time. I would suggest that the only time you drink a protein shake is right after you get through working out.

Morning meals focus on healthy proteins and fats such as eggs. Healthy grains such as oatmeal, wheat breads.

Lunches and dinners. eat healthy potatoes, wheat pasta. Not to much about the size of you hand is enough. Eat healthy proteins, Chicken,Fish and lean cuts of beef. Look over our site there is so much reading. Knowledge on this board is in the reading.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#43)
Old
tom is on a distinguished road

Default 12-18-2007, 11:36 AM

thanks looks like its tuna salad with jacket potato for tea
(#44)
Old

Default 12-18-2007, 11:36 AM

thanks mac and rick when you read this please can you tell me what program you do with your son
(#45)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Send a message via Yahoo to RickB
Default 12-18-2007, 11:53 AM

Here's the workout that Mac and a couple others help me put together for my 13yr old son. These are all compound movements that help core strength. If you don't know what these exercise names mean, you can search for it on google video or youtube and you will find demonstrations of each.

Day 1: Power Cleans, Deadlifts, Military Press,Abs
Day 2: off
Day 3: Barbell Bench Press,Pull-ups,Barbell Curls, Sprints.
Day 4: Off
Day 5: Squats, Romanian Deadlift, Calves, Abs

Here's his training log:
http://forum.illpumpyouup.com/showthread.php?t=10457
(#46)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.
RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of RickB has much to be proud of

Default 12-18-2007, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
beacuse the gym i wanan go i gota go wid my bro hes 16 and hel only go like 4night a week i wanan go 7 :P
Oh and I missed commenting on this. Read and remember this....important! You will do more growing on your off days. Workouts are for tearing the muscles down. If you are training 7 days a week, you will not allow your muscles to grow like they will on rest days. <----Re-read that!

Working out more than 5 days imho is bad. 3-4 days a week is perfect for someone like you.
(#47)
Old

Default 12-18-2007, 12:48 PM

thanks just got bak from a 40min jog and eat a tuna salad with a jacket potato
(#48)
Old

Default 12-18-2007, 01:05 PM

wow rick ur kids workout is great thanks
(#49)
Old

Default 12-18-2007, 01:08 PM

thought of a gym routine

monday:work out at gym
tuesday:day of(jogging 60mins)
wednesday:work out at gym
thursday:day off(jogging for 60mins)
friday:work out at gym
sat:day off
sun:work out at gym and 30min jog
(#50)
Old

Default 12-18-2007, 05:06 PM

going to bed now thanks evry1 thats commented especially rick il be reading again tomoz so post what you think about my new routine for after christmas *tom*
(#51)
Old
Admin/IPYU I.T.

Default 12-18-2007, 05:11 PM

How about taking Sunday off too? Also, if you are going to work out fairly hard, if you are sore from leg workout, skip your running until they feel better.
(#52)
Old
Hart18 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to Hart18
Default 12-18-2007, 11:53 PM

I would definately have to agree that if youre sore form a lifting workout on your legs to skip running the next day. but the basic rule that i follow is cardio (running, eliptical, whatever) 3-4 times a week and lifting 4-5 times a week. But at such a young age itll be soooo easy to cut the weight that you really just need to focus on the cardio and lift light weights and high reps to tone. if youre looking to build mass thats a little different.
(#53)
Old

Default 12-19-2007, 02:31 AM

thanks guys esspecially rick whos helped me alot
(#54)
Old

Default 12-19-2007, 02:32 AM

first i wana lose a bit of weight and tone my body up to a six pack then wana do my back and legs and arms
(#55)
Old

Default 12-20-2007, 10:18 AM

wont be on much for a while as internet keeps goin down
(#56)
Old
Hulk Administrator
RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute RoaringMad Mac has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via MSN to RoaringMad Mac Send a message via Yahoo to RoaringMad Mac
Default 12-20-2007, 11:28 AM

Tom,

What you have to realize about weight training is there is no fast approach.

When you say you want to work on your six pack and then on your back, legs, and arms. Why not work them all at the same time. A good all around program done three times a week will get this done for you. Focusing on one body part is not what you want at your age. Take your time get into a good program. Of course there will be days you will not want to do certain lifts but that is the nature of the beast. Most of the time those lifts you don't want to do are actually the ones that do the most for your overall.

This is what I want you to be concentrating on right now. Nothing fancy, Learn what basic compound movements are.

The best way to train for optimal strength gains and muscle mass is to use basic core weight training exercises which work many different muscle groups. These movements are considered the true mass builders and will stimulate muscular growth and strength gains.

Some examples of compound movements are:
Squats
Dead lifts
Bench Press

This is what I like to call the big three. These movements all incorporate different muscles in the body in one single exercise. Other movements such as:
Leg Extensions
Lat pulls
Rowing machines
Curls with or without Dumbbells
Triceps machines

These are considered isolation exercises and should only be done after and in moderation of compound movements. This is For beginners, intermediate, and advanced lifters.

For you I would stick with the big three for right now three times a week for about 8 to 12 weeks and then see where you stand from there.

The problem I have with you getting into a new gym is all the machines and other extra stuff that can distract you from doing the basics. This is bad because most guys your age will just want to do those things because they feel more comfortable. I don't want you to feel comfortable. Building muscle is not a comfort sport.

I have given this a lot of thought over the past day or so and I want you to do this. Forgive me Rick but Adam is a little more advanced than Tom at this point so I am going to change things up.

Tom Copy and print just what I have below here:

Monday
Bench Press 3 sets of 10 with a weight you can do 10 reps
Dead Lift 3 sets of 10 same thing
Squat 3 sets of 10

Tuesday. Cardio
Run or walk for 45 minutes

Wednesday:
Bench Press: 3 sets of 10
Dead lift 3 sets of 10
Squat 3 sets of 10

Thursday: Cardio
Run, walk 45 minutes

Friday
Bench Press 3 sets of 10
Dead Lift 3 sets of 10
Squats 3 sets of 10

Okay this is the reason I want you doing this. This is just to get you prepared for things to come. You must get these lifts down. Do this for 8 weeks and then get back with me. Record every rep and weight you do and log it on this site. I promise your strength will go up. I mean it now. Log every Rep you do every time you go up in weight. Look at the Training blogs of other to see how to do it.

If you have any more questions we will always be here.

For those that will not understand the reason I have him doing the same lift three times a week just understand that he will have plenty of recovery time and that at the end of the 8 weeks we will change things up again but still be a three days a week workout slowly putting in some secondary exercises in.

FREE YOUR MIND AND YOUR ASS WILL FOLLOW
(#57)
Old

Default 12-20-2007, 12:33 PM

thanks mac il keep in touch with you and tell you how im progressin usin my dads laptop atm gona start doin the workout what you set me today thanks alot
many thanks ~tom~
(#58)
Old

Default 12-20-2007, 12:47 PM

Monday
Bench Press 3 sets of 10 with a weight you can do 10 reps
Dead Lift 3 sets of 10 same thing
Squat 3 sets of 10

Tuesday. Cardio
Run or walk for 45 minutes

Wednesday: